The A2A Simulations Community

"Come share your passion for flight"
It is currently Tue May 22, 2018 6:48 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 353 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 24  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 4:54 am 
Offline
A2A Lieutenant Colonel
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 06, 2004 11:22 pm
Posts: 27398
Location: Beccles, Suffolk, UK
P-51's will be coming just Spitfire first 8)

thanks,
Lewis - A2A

_________________
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 10:56 am 
Offline
Technical Sergeant
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 30, 2014 12:27 pm
Posts: 782
I know you guys are saying if it ain't broke, don't fix it, but Lewis's last post definitely demonstrates the need for a "Thank You" or a "Thumbs Up" button on this forum!

YES! There WILL be a P3Dv4 Civilian Mustang!! I hope it comes out sooner rather than later... I'm guessing that it will incorporate all the new things that we've seen with subsequent A2A aircraft, and maybe some of those really cool features as well, such as the enhanced cockpit lighting that we've seen in the P3Dv4 Comanche and Texan.

@ Lewis: Froogle's most recent YouTube video includes a Lancaster.

Seeya
ATB

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 1:22 pm 
Offline
Staff Sergeant

Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2005 5:52 pm
Posts: 304
Location: Somewhere near EGTC
Don't forget to give the B-17 some P3D love. I really miss flying her since moving from FSX to P3D.

Ooooo and 303 posts, I'm sure there is some connection there with the Spitfire ;)

_________________
ASUS Maximus VIII Hero mb
Intel i7 6700K 4 Core @4.5GHz
850 Pro 512Gb SSD for Win 10 64 bit, 1Tb 850 Pro SSD for P3Dv4.
Corsair Vengeance 32Gb DDR4 3000
nVidia 980 Ti
TrackIR 5, EZDOK and CH/Saitek controls and panels
Every A2A Accu-sim aircraft


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 1:29 pm 
Offline
Senior Airman
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2016 6:44 pm
Posts: 133
Krycekuk wrote:
Don't forget to give the B-17 some P3D love. I really miss flying her since moving from FSX to P3D.

Ooooo and 303 posts, I'm sure there is some connection there with the Spitfire ;)


I agree, I would like to see the B-17 in P3D. Also, if you don't mind me asking, how is the number 303 related to the spitfire? :)

Caleb

_________________
Caleb Byers

A2A Hanger: C182, C172, PA-28, PA-24, J3

PC: Intel Core i7 6700 @ 3.4 GHz to 4.0 GHz, 24GB RAM, GTX 745 with 4GB VRAM, 2TB SSHD, Win 10 Home x64.

Simulators: P3D v3.4, P3D v4.2, FSX:SE

Real Hanger at FD08: ’56 C172, ’64 PA-24 400


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 1:36 pm 
Offline
Staff Sergeant

Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2005 5:52 pm
Posts: 304
Location: Somewhere near EGTC
caleb1 wrote:
Krycekuk wrote:
Don't forget to give the B-17 some P3D love. I really miss flying her since moving from FSX to P3D.

Ooooo and 303 posts, I'm sure there is some connection there with the Spitfire ;)


I agree, I would like to see the B-17 in P3D. Also, if you don't mind me asking, how is the number 303 related to the spitfire? :)

Caleb



Well now I have to post and it becomes 304 its lost the significance ;)

The Spitfire had browning .303 machine guns. That was my tenuous connection with my amount of posts and the discussion of the A2A Spitfire making its way over to P3D

_________________
ASUS Maximus VIII Hero mb
Intel i7 6700K 4 Core @4.5GHz
850 Pro 512Gb SSD for Win 10 64 bit, 1Tb 850 Pro SSD for P3Dv4.
Corsair Vengeance 32Gb DDR4 3000
nVidia 980 Ti
TrackIR 5, EZDOK and CH/Saitek controls and panels
Every A2A Accu-sim aircraft


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 1:57 pm 
Offline
Senior Airman
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2016 6:44 pm
Posts: 133
Krycekuk wrote:
caleb1 wrote:
Krycekuk wrote:
Don't forget to give the B-17 some P3D love. I really miss flying her since moving from FSX to P3D.

Ooooo and 303 posts, I'm sure there is some connection there with the Spitfire ;)


I agree, I would like to see the B-17 in P3D. Also, if you don't mind me asking, how is the number 303 related to the spitfire? :)

Caleb



Well now I have to post and it becomes 304 its lost the significance ;)

The Spitfire had browning .303 machine guns. That was my tenuous connection with my amount of posts and the discussion of the A2A Spitfire making its way over to P3D


Ok, I see now. Thanks for the clarification. Sorry to make you make another post to mess the number up. :D :D

_________________
Caleb Byers

A2A Hanger: C182, C172, PA-28, PA-24, J3

PC: Intel Core i7 6700 @ 3.4 GHz to 4.0 GHz, 24GB RAM, GTX 745 with 4GB VRAM, 2TB SSHD, Win 10 Home x64.

Simulators: P3D v3.4, P3D v4.2, FSX:SE

Real Hanger at FD08: ’56 C172, ’64 PA-24 400


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:18 pm 
Online
A2A ACE

Joined: Thu Aug 01, 2013 6:13 am
Posts: 2218
Location: KCZL
Can't wait to hear more on the V35B Bonanza

_________________
Image
Image
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 3:14 pm 
Offline
A2A General
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 11, 2004 12:55 pm
Posts: 14829
Location: USA
Just a small update. We're working on some new technology for the Bonanza, mainly a deeper modeling of the analog / steam gauges. We could have just pushed the Bo out the door as is but we ended up seeing something that interested us and are now following it. It's pushed things ahead a bit, but as someone who has owned and operated a bunch of older airplanes without digital panels, it's become more apparent that those pilots like myself who have become used to operating these kinds of physical cockpit environments, it's a different experience and skill set to those who have only operated new / glass cockpits.

So we've been consulting with our friends in the avionics field and are looking deeper into these gauges, in all of their beautiful imperfections. I expect next week this new avionics system will be in alpha, and then we can start to put everything together for beta.

Scott.

_________________
A2A Simulations Inc.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 3:52 pm 
Offline
Chief Master Sergeant
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 26, 2013 5:03 am
Posts: 3721
Scott - A2A wrote:
Just a small update. We're working on some new technology for the Bonanza, mainly a deeper modeling of the analog / steam gauges. We could have just pushed the Bo out the door as is but we ended up seeing something that interested us and are now following it. It's pushed things ahead a bit, but as someone who has owned and operated a bunch of older airplanes without digital panels, it's become more apparent that those pilots like myself who have become used to operating these kinds of physical cockpit environments, it's a different experience and skill set to those who have only operated new / glass cockpits.

So we've been consulting with our friends in the avionics field and are looking deeper into these gauges, in all of their beautiful imperfections. I expect next week this new avionics system will be in alpha, and then we can start to put everything together for beta.

Scott.
Oh... this was my top one wish since a hint of upcoming 172. :) And perhaps the biggest issue since on the core platform. Finally?

-Esa


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 4:54 pm 
Offline
Technical Sergeant
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:10 am
Posts: 989
Location: Arendal, Norway
Scott - A2A wrote:
Just a small update. We're working on some new technology for the Bonanza, mainly a deeper modeling of the analog / steam gauges. We could have just pushed the Bo out the door as is but we ended up seeing something that interested us and are now following it. It's pushed things ahead a bit, but as someone who has owned and operated a bunch of older airplanes without digital panels, it's become more apparent that those pilots like myself who have become used to operating these kinds of physical cockpit environments, it's a different experience and skill set to those who have only operated new / glass cockpits.

So we've been consulting with our friends in the avionics field and are looking deeper into these gauges, in all of their beautiful imperfections. I expect next week this new avionics system will be in alpha, and then we can start to put everything together for beta.

Scott.


Lovely! This is the kind of thing that tickles me, and the deeper the modeling the more immersion one gets. Take your time! I’ll be here with bells on (and a fully charged credit card at hand!). :)

_________________
Erik Haugan Aasland,

Arendal, Norway
(Homebase: Kristiansand Lufthavn, Kjevik (ENCN)

All the Accusim-planes are in my hangar, but they aren't sitting long enough for their engines to cool much before next flight!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 4:32 am 
Offline
Airman First Class
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 13, 2011 9:03 am
Posts: 59
Location: nr Munich, Bavaria
That is why I love to fly A2A aircraft, and am willing to wait for them to be available for v4.
The old birds are just fun to experience even on the ground. Like, for example, the creaky sound when the flaps are 'wound' down or up, at the Me 109 or, of course, the wonderful sight when starting the Spit's engine...
Thank you A2A people, for lovely aircraft!
Volker

_________________
Image
Any landing that you can walk away from is a good landing!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 5:35 am 
Offline
Chief Master Sergeant
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 26, 2013 5:03 am
Posts: 3721
Any chance of previews by the time this goes into beta? :) Such details as proper simulation of instruments score very high in my rankings. This is really what sets an excellent simulation apart from merely good ones: simulation of real-world imperfectness.

May release probably won't happen, but I hope for June release - it would make up full three years since Comanche release. :shock:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 11:39 am 
Offline
Airman

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:54 pm
Posts: 45
The just released NavStax KingNav Navigation suite would look and work great with the analog panels.

Mike


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 12:15 pm 
Offline
Airman

Joined: Sat Apr 16, 2016 7:55 am
Posts: 29
Excellent news! Can't wait for a preview of the panel!

_________________
Accu-Sim aircraft: C172 Trainer, C182 Skylane, Piper Cherokee 180, Piper Comanche 250 , T-6 "Texan"

i7 4790k, 16gb 2400mhz ram, GTX970, FSX, W10


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 9:08 pm 
Offline
Staff Sergeant

Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2009 2:35 am
Posts: 345
Location: Southern California
Thanks for the update.....

Having spent the majority of my military career as an avionics aircraft tech......I love to see artist keep the old gauges alive. Nothing warms my heart more than to shoot an ILS approach with just the "old" avionics and break out of the goo on the center line. (smile)

Cheers,

_________________
Steve R.
SgtMajor, USMC (Retired)

ImageImageImage


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 353 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 24  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group