Accu-Feel P3D v4

Add a touch of Accu-Sim to your simulation
njwatkins1
Airman Basic

Accu-Feel P3D v4

Post by njwatkins1 »

Good Morning!

I know this has been covered in the past with 32-bit versions of P3D, however now with P3D at 64bit, it's very very likely ACCU-FEEL will cease to function in the 64-bit sim (haven't dared tired it yet). With that in mind, is there any plan to develop Accu-Feel for P3D v4? Also, is my understanding correct in that most of the leg work is already done with the move of other A2A products to P3D v4?

Thanks in advance!

P.S. I would happily pay a premium for an Accu-Feel P3D specific version. It's one of the, if not the best add-on in my FSX/P3Dv3 library at the moment.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Accu-Feel P3D v4

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello and thanks for the kinds words.

Yes we will be looking into re-releasing Accu-feel for the P3Dv4 platform. We are not sure when and if for certain this will be at the moment. We are currently very busy moving our P3D fleet over to the new version of the platform.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

njwatkins1
Airman Basic

Post by njwatkins1 »

Thanks Lewis!

BG2518
Airman

Post by BG2518 »

I've just downloaded and installed the 172 for P3Dv4 - GREAT - but .....

It has a "lite" version of Accu-feel (i guess) and some of the audio produced by the whole is not being sent to my desired audio device i.e. my Rift Headset.

How can I ensure ALL audio from P3Dv4 and your 172 eminates from the same system chosen output device?

Many thanks in advance.

BG2518-Bob.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

BG2518 wrote:I've just downloaded and installed the 172 for P3Dv4 - GREAT - but .....

It has a "lite" version of Accu-feel (i guess) and some of the audio produced by the whole is not being sent to my desired audio device i.e. my Rift Headset.

How can I ensure ALL audio from P3Dv4 and your 172 eminates from the same system chosen output device?

Many thanks in advance.

BG2518-Bob.
Hello,

its the other way around the aircraft is a full Accu-sim aircraft and Accu-feel is a hint of an Accu-sim aircraft. Anyway all the Accu-sim sound engine sounds will play through the windows default device.

thanks,
Lewis

BG2518
Airman

Post by BG2518 »

Thanks.

I am using a "Throne Thumper" (seat vibrations) and have to (internally) split the PC audio signal from the default device of Realtek High Definition Audio (analogue - needed for the Throne Thumper) to my Bose Companion (digital) speaker system using the "Stereo Mix" recording device that is built into Win 10. So, anything that is set to go to DEFAULT ends up going to BOTH the analogue Throne Thumper AND the digital Bose speakers.

For occasional use I use an Oculus Rift and wholly for use with P3D V4.

Thus I set the sound options in P3D to use the Oculus Rift.

As I think you will appreciate, I wouldn't want all my system sounds i.e. from DEFAULT to be output to the Rift.

P3D itself gives me the flexibility and choice.

Unfortunately, your add-ons currently do not.

May I poiltely ask IF your add-ons could be adapted to "follow" the P3D users choice?

The advent of VR really highlights a need for this I think.

Many thanks.

BG2518-Bob.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

I also use a VR headset and I;m not sure why you wouldn't have all your sounds come through it?

thanks,
Lewis

BG2518
Airman

Post by BG2518 »

Really, you don't understand?

"For occasional use I use an Oculus Rift and wholly for use with P3D V4.

Thus I set the sound options in P3D to use the Oculus Rift. i.e. BECAUSE I USE MY PC FOR MANY OTHER THINGS AND I DON'T WEAR THE RIFT ALL THE TIME AND IN FACT ONLY A SMALL PROPORTION OF MY PC TIME.

As I (HOPEFULLY NOW) think you will appreciate, I wouldn't want all my system sounds i.e. from DEFAULT to be output to the Rift. AND, I CAN'T IMAGINE ANYONE ELSE WHO WOULD WANT TO HAVE ALL THEIR SOUNDS FROM ALL THEIR SOURCES E.G. SKYPE, MEDI PLAYER ETC ETC ALL COMING FROM THE RIFT (BY DEFAULT).

AS I SAID......

P3D itself gives me the flexibility and choice.

Unfortunately, your add-ons currently do not."

NOT COMPLAINING - JUST "EXPLAINING" AND HOPING THAT ONCE YOU UNDERSTAND YOU'LL PERHAPS SEE THAT IF YOUR ADD-ON FOLLOWED THE USERS CHOICE IN P3D SOUND OPTIONS THEN THAT WOULD BE IDEAL FOR ALL USERS AND ESPECIALLY THOSE WHO USE VR ON THEIR SYSTEMS 5% OF THE TIME (LIKE ME AND MANY OTHERS).

Does that now make sence?

Can you offer the idea back to me and others that your add-ons can give sound options that do not require the users to modify their whole system sounds DEFAULT output each and every time they wish to use your add-ons in VR?

Thanks in advance for a positive approach.

BG2518-Bob

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello Bob,

you can do this all on the fly with the click of a button. simply select the default sound device for the current purpose and away you go. For example you would normally have to change it because some devices will automatically assign themselves as default device so will need changing.

Right click on the speaker icon, chose playback device and you can change the default device in there.

thanks,
Lewis

BG2518
Airman

Post by BG2518 »

Lewis,

If I said you are wrong and have missed the point I'd be saying the truth but I'd rather say please read over what I've said on both occasions again far more closely and then see if you can understand.

I don't know how to make what I've said and clearer. :(

YES, I know that with a few "clicks" I can change the DEFAULT output device BUT I don't wish to do that because it doesn't protect the split of the analogue signal I need for my device (via stereo mix feature of Win 10) i.e. in my case a Throne Thumper. This would be the case for any user who has a need for a specific source for sim based sound outputs.

I have my answer for the way in which I wish to use sound, thanks BUT, all I am asking of you (whether you now understand that or not) is can you arrange it such that your add-ons follow the users choice of sound output as that which is user definable within most apps and that includes P3Dv4.

To say that I have to arrange your aircraft add-on differently to the main app it resides within seems crazy.

P3Dv4 give a choice other than DEFAULT and I use that !!! Your add-ons don't follow that choice and that is (whether you understand it or not) a problem for me and others.

Please, please take this on board rather than trying to (helpfully I must admit) change the way I and others fly and or/use their system sound setups.

I can come across as rude but I seriously am NOT trying to be so. If we were talking face to face you'd have got it easily straight away I'm sure. Text is sh*t at getting the message across clearly or probably I am.

BG2518-Bob

ianwild
Airman Basic

Post by ianwild »

You do come across as a bit rude Bob - The self awareness is good though!

I've always had this issue and I'm not sure it's directly related to A2A. I solved it using freeware called AudioSwitch. Yes I still have to click something to change the output device, but instead of three clicks it's one and that makes it surprisingly a lot less annoying.

I don't expect A2A to fix this one in short, so that might be your best bet.

Ian

BG2518
Airman

Post by BG2518 »

Ian,

I always say please. I always say thanks. I always encourage and I always try to say it as it is without emotion. I am a Vulcan (not the aircraft) :)

You obviously recognise the issue and I too thought initially "should I try to see if A2A can do something about this".

I know they can e.g. by passing their sounds onto the P3D selected output device.

I mean, after all, this is customer feedback and actually very good feedback if you think about it.

The question was "will they appreciate the problem as it is difficult to explain via the written word" and "will they do anything about it thereafter".

I figured, nothing ventured, nothing gained so I have tried and, yep got a bit frustrated at what I said was probably my inability to get the message across.

Hey Ho, yep I sure am self aware.

BG2518-Bob

ianwild
Airman Basic

Post by ianwild »

Certainly the all caps didn't help - Raised voices in forums generally come over as rude :-)

I think unless you work in software (and even for a lot of people that do) it can be pretty hard to appreciate how many moving parts there can be in something like this. As you say, maybe once the Rift becomes more ubiquitous the issue will be noticed by more people and the impetus will be there for A2A to make a change to ensure their aircraft honours the sound output set in P3D rather than just using the windows defaults.

Personally, although I have a Rift, I'm not getting much flying value out of it so am still using a TrackIR with a single ear headset. In my set-up, I often have the TV on one of my monitors, especially when there's other people in the room - So I want all my flightsim sounds in my headset and my web browser audio going to the TV. There are ways to achieve that now buthaving that just work would indeed be helpful.

Ian

BG2518
Airman

Post by BG2518 »

I live and learn - to me caps simply are meant to be for emphasis and not for shouting. So, sorry if ANYONE thinks I was shouting. (I couldn't resist that one but will stop using caps from now on)

Thanks for the heads up.

I really hope something can be done about A2A's sound.

Cheers,

BG2518-Bob

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

can you not just change your settings as I suggested which is what would have to happen when devices are plugged in and out of the system anyway?

As a VR user unless I keep everything plugged in and powered at all times which is asking for issues then I must always open the mixer and check and change the settings as needed. Its a simple tick box and apply before starting the sim/game/software.

Maybe in the future we will add a system option but this will not negate the need to check and change your system defaults when plugging in and powering on new devices from the last load. aka a VR HMD.

thanks,
Lewis

new reply

Return to “Accu-Feel General Discussion”