Does it work with PD3 v3 ?

Add a touch of Accu-Sim to your simulation
Warbirds
Technical Sergeant

Does it work with PD3 v3 ?

Post by Warbirds »

Just wanted to know if anyone has this installed in the new PD3v3 version and if you do was there any thing extra you had to do to make it work?
Paul Grubich 2018
Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

bladerunner900
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: Does it work with PD3 v3 ?

Post by bladerunner900 »

Yes. I have it installed in v3 and it seems to be working, in as much that I can hear the difference when I turn it off and on. Install in the usual way and do the usual manual edits to the dll.xml file.

Give it a go if you have it. You've got nothing to lose.

Steve.

Warbirds
Technical Sergeant

Post by Warbirds »

Thanks, what edits ?
Paul Grubich 2018
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

bladerunner900
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by bladerunner900 »

Sorry. I thought you might have done it before for v2. No problem, I’ll try and keep it simple.

First, install Accu-Feel in the usual way but direct the install into the root folder of P3D.

When finished, you need to open a file called dll.xml with Notepad for editing. The easiest way is to find the file, right click on it and select ‘Open with’ from the drop down menu. Then you choose Notepad, or whatever you use to edit txt files.

The file is located in… C:\Users\<your user name>\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3

At the bottom of the file, make a space between the last and next to last line. It should look something like this.

Code: Select all

</Launch.Addon>

</SimBase.Document>
IMPORTANT. In the empty space, copy and paste the following.

<Launch.Addon>
    <Name>A2A Feel</Name>
    <Disabled>False</Disabled>
    <Path>Modules\A2A_Feel.dll</Path>
    <DllStartName>module_init</DllStartName>
    <DllStopName>module_deinit</DllStopName>
  </Launch.Addon>
  <Launch.Addon>
    <Name>AccuFeelMenu</Name>
    <ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>
    <Path>Modules\AccuFeelMenu.dll</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>
Make sure the last line is </SimBase.Document>, save the file and you’re done. Go try it out.

:wink:

Edit: Almost forgot. Make a backup of the dll.xml file before you do anything.

be77solo
Airman

Post by be77solo »

bladerunner900 wrote:Yes. I have it installed in v3 and it seems to be working, in as much that I can hear the difference when I turn it off and on. Install in the usual way and do the usual manual edits to the dll.xml file.

Give it a go if you have it. You've got nothing to lose.

Steve.
So, for someone that never bought Accu-Feel, but loves Accu-Sim aircraft (P3Dv3, all in signature below work great) and has moved to P3Dv3, does it work well enough for a purchase? I understand it's not "supported", but to those that have tried, does it work properly in P3D? Will it add the proper advertised effects to other aircraft (for example, the stock Carenado Bonanza etc)?

Would love to know, thanks! I understand that A2A may eventually update this to "officially" support P3D, and I'll be happy to buy an upgrade then, but desperate to find an interim solution.
A2A B-17, Comanche, Cub, Skylane, T-6, B377COTS & Connie
i7-6700K @ 4.5, NVIDIA GTX 1070, 16GB DDR4 and P3Dv4

bladerunner900
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by bladerunner900 »

be77solo wrote:So, for someone that never bought Accu-Feel, but loves Accu-Sim aircraft (P3Dv3, all in signature below work great) and has moved to P3Dv3, does it work well enough for a purchase? I understand it's not "supported", but to those that have tried, does it work properly in P3D? Will it add the proper advertised effects to other aircraft (for example, the stock Carenado Bonanza etc)?

Would love to know, thanks! I understand that A2A may eventually update this to "officially" support P3D, and I'll be happy to buy an upgrade then, but desperate to find an interim solution.
Hello mate.

I haven't done extensive comparisons, but as far as I can tell it seems to perform the same in FSX:SE and P3D v3. It's up to you whether or not to take the chance and buy it. It's not Accu-sim but it certainly adds loads more 'atmosphere and feel' to the default aircraft.

Cheers.
Steve.

Warbirds
Technical Sergeant

Post by Warbirds »

It does not work in P3Dv3.
Paul Grubich 2018

Skowtura
Airman Basic

Post by Skowtura »

Warbird
It does not work in P3Dv3.
It does I have it running and it works great - all sliders verified working and even wave animation.

Jeffryintveld
Airman First Class

Post by Jeffryintveld »

I bought the Accu-Feel from Steam for FSX, but than how can i install it into P3D v3?

pilot37
Senior Airman

Post by pilot37 »

Does work in P3D V3.............This worked perfectly for me thanks Bladerunner
bladerunner900 wrote:Sorry. I thought you might have done it before for v2. No problem, I’ll try and keep it simple.

First, install Accu-Feel in the usual way but direct the install into the root folder of P3D.

When finished, you need to open a file called dll.xml with Notepad for editing. The easiest way is to find the file, right click on it and select ‘Open with’ from the drop down menu. Then you choose Notepad, or whatever you use to edit txt files.

The file is located in… C:\Users\<your user name>\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3

At the bottom of the file, make a space between the last and next to last line. It should look something like this.

</Launch.Addon>

</SimBase.Document>
IMPORTANT. In the empty space, copy and paste the following.

<Launch.Addon>
    <Name>A2A Feel</Name>
    <Path>Modules\A2A_Feel.dll</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>
  <Launch.Addon>
    <Path>Modules\AccuFeelMenu.dll</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>
Make sure the last line is </SimBase.Document>, save the file and you’re done. Go try it out.

:wink:

Edit: Almost forgot. Make a backup of the dll.xml file before you do anything.

ChuckOman
Airman

Post by ChuckOman »

I have had Accu-Feel v2.091 installed in my FSX, and was able to install v2.0 in P3Dv3 using my original FSX installer and the instructions above. Seems to work fine. But when I then ran the v2.091 update installer, it wouldn't run. Any suggestions on how to get these upgrade tweaks in ?

72westy
Airman

Post by 72westy »

Would there be any problem installing this into P3D v3.2 if one already has it installed into FSX on the same drive?

I tried installing into the root of P3D but it instead it will create (3) individual folders outside of the root P3D folder as such...P3D v3A2A, P3D v3Fonts, P3D v3Gauges

Can't get it to install into the root of P3D.
Win10 Pro 22H2 19045.3448/Core i7 3770K/Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3/G-Skill Trident X 32GB RAM CL7-8-8-24/RTX 2070 OC/1TBCrucialMX500SSD/(x3)1TBMushkinSSDs/Corsait RM-750/X56 HOTAS/TtesportsCommanderKeyboardCombo/Oculus Quest 2/Inateck KU5211

Cowboy100
Airman

Post by Cowboy100 »

Any update on P3D v3.4.9 'compatibility'?
Does it still work like described above?

dhasdell
Airman

Post by dhasdell »

Where am I going wrong, please? I have installed into P3d and the "Feel" folder is present in the A2A folder where my Cub's files already live, and the two dll files are in Modules, where they ought to be. I have edited the dll file as follows, making sure that the path lines lead to the right place, but when I run P3d and hit the Alt key for the menu it's not there. Help!

<Launch.Addon>
<Name>A2A Feel</Name>
<Path>D:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\Modules\A2A_Feel.dll</Path> EDITED TO THE RIGHT PATH
</Launch.Addon>

<Launch.Addon>
<Path>D:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\Modules\AccuFeelMenu.dll</Path> EDITED TO THE RIGHT PATH
</Launch.Addon>

David
Rats! Why doesn't anything work properly first time?

bladerunner900
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by bladerunner900 »

Hello David.

Seeing as you are using an absolute path in the script, try placing quotation marks around both entries. Like DOS, (who remembers DOS eh!) I don't think spaces are recognised. Like this...

<Path>"D:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\Modules\A2A_Feel.dll"</Path>

and...

<Path>"D:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\Modules\AccuFeelMenu.dll"</Path>

*EDIT* Just looked at my dll.xml and it has loads of paths without quote marks, so that can't be the problem. Hmm. I'm assuming you haven't included those notes you added in capitals letters.

new reply

Return to “Accu-Feel General Discussion”