Accu-Feel FAQ

Add a touch of Accu-Sim to your simulation
OleBoy
Airman

Re: Accu-Feel FAQ

Post by OleBoy »

Hi Scott.

As of lately my interests have been fluctuating in my means of virtual flight enjoyment. I like to paint add-ons. Recently I purchased the Nemeth AS350, as I wanted to apply my painting skills in that area. The ends results are very rewarding. So my plans are to repaint more helicopters. They're luring me in as a different approach in template frustrations, and a change in flying style.

Thinking about the physics involved that you and your team would have to put together for aircraft, is this also possible in helicopters? Considering they fly in a completely different manner.
I'm more than a little excited to even think about how things would "feel". The changes in pitch, rpm, the way that the blades grab the air and pull it into the air. To feel the bounce and torque as it gains altitude. And the blade slap. Oh my!! All very interesting after seeing what's been accomplished with physics!

Something that many (I'm guessing) in the virtual world would drool over.
Can you give any input as/to when this side of the development will be incorporated and made available?

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

We posted an In Development sticky here, and this is on that list. We will likely take on helo support in steps, as it is a pretty large subject especially when entering the physics. We will probably start by introducing sounds, scrapes, etc. then take stock where we are.

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

OleBoy
Airman

Post by OleBoy »

Scott - A2A wrote:We posted an In Development sticky here, and this is on that list. We will likely take on helo support in steps, as it is a pretty large subject especially when entering the physics. We will probably start by introducing sounds, scrapes, etc. then take stock where we are.

Scott.
This is good to hear. I'm really looking forward to the experiences. In fact, I just made the purchase.

Thanks for the response, and for the added realism.

OleBoy

Kilstorm
Technical Sergeant

Post by Kilstorm »

Have a feeling this might become a FAQ in some regards...Is there any interest or talk about offering some independent features to specific aircraft based on popularity and ease of coding.

Examples, Carenado might use the same gauges on many planes and thus let say his VSI gauge or oil pressure gauge might be the same on many of them. Allowing a more accusim type gauge where the needle responds to vibration or better reflects the environment like all the A2A accusim planes do, they could be switched out with Accu-Feel. Is that within the scope of Acc-Feel?

Or say the Aerosoft Cat which is a nice plane that has a very unrealistic hydraulic and oil system, could AccuFeel go down the road of modifiying a few select planes once many of the sounds and other general across the board items have all been coded in Accu-Feel? Not as an added free feature but as an additional micro purchase addons is what I'm thinking.
i9-13900K O/C | ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | 32GB DDR5 6000MHz Kingston FURY | RTX 4090 24GB | 2x SSD M.2 (2TB Samsung 990 PRO) 1x SSD (4TB Samsung 870 EVO) | Windows 11 Home | H20: HydroLux PRO:HardLine Tubing| 1000w PSU

threeJulietAlpha
Airman

Post by threeJulietAlpha »

Warbirds wrote:The things that make me feel like "I am there" are the shuddering of the 377 when applying power to fast or just before lift off. Also the effect that grabs my friends when the see it for the first time is the very, very subtle wind noise changes as the B-17 window opens a bit, than some more than fully open and then I kill them when in flight and open it just a crack and it makes that great noise you hear in your car with the window open just a bit at a hundred miles an hour.
Where are you driving 100 MPH? :D

Jigsaw
Master Sergeant

Post by Jigsaw »

threeJulietAlpha wrote:Where are you driving 100 MPH? :D
In Germany for example. Actually, 100mph (160 kmh) are a very comfortable cruising speed on unrestricted highways. From what I hear this must sound like flying a jet fighter for many Americans, what with the 25, 55 and 75mph speed limits and all. At least there is a tendency to make out relaxing intercity cruising velocities as breakneck pursuit speeds in American movies. ;)
Happy Landings
- Patrick

threeJulietAlpha
Airman

Post by threeJulietAlpha »

LOL. I guess it's a good thing there's not many over-75 MPH areas here. I think 75 MPH is about 15 MPH faster than most American drivers can think. :roll: There's too many distractions they bring along on the road that should be left in the glove compartment, or home.

WeiGe
Airman

Post by WeiGe »

Hi Scott

I recommend to you a page, the HTR 1.5 family of software-on FSX helicopter aerodynamic modifications.http://www.hovercontrol.com/cgi-bin/ifo ... al_Realism Is produced by professionals.HC Forum members are basically in use.Can also give you the Accu-Feel upgraded version of some reference or help.

mountainhighair
Staff Sergeant

Post by mountainhighair »

Accu-Feel had me flying some planes that I haven't for a while, like with most people. Some of those were the IRIS F-20 & F-15, and the MS 18. I'd love to hear the thunder of a sonic boom, especially in exterior camera view. Has there been any work done to develop a nice sonic boom based on barometric pressure and actual airspeed?

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

Mountainhighair,

A sonic boom is on the list of things to look into, yes, and would be only audible from the outside.

BTW, I like your Accu-Feel signature.

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

mountainhighair
Staff Sergeant

Post by mountainhighair »

Thank you, Scott. I get another kick out of Accu-Feel. Others have probably experienced this. While taxiing or pulling G's I hear sounds and wonder if they are coming from the street outside my house, or I'll hear sounds from outside and wonder if they're coming from FSX. Either way, it gets me grinning every time. Your sound crew is top-notch!

Catelli
Airman Basic

Post by Catelli »

Hi Scott,

There is a sound for turbulence? Kind of the sound on the runway on the ground?

Im using the 737 PMDG FSX.

Thank you and sorry for my poor english!

Mauricio Catelli

descent815
Airman Basic

Post by descent815 »

I have recently just purchased the Accu-Feel add on for fsx. I do have one question. If you are in the Carenado 182 RG and you open the window on the port side of the airplane, How come you do not hear any wind or sound difference from when the window is closed or open? Is there a setting I do not know about? Great product I love it!!! I put on my headphones and I feel like I am really there. Thanks Keep It Up!!!!!

Aussie157
Airman

Post by Aussie157 »

Can anyone tell me if A2A plan to release Accu-Feel for Prepar3D V2.4.

Cheers
Pat

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello Pat,

Maybe in the future a P3D native will be released.

Thanks,
Lewis

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

new reply

Return to “Accu-Feel General Discussion”