Accufeel--buffetting behavior swept wing/straight wing

Add a touch of Accu-Sim to your simulation
new reply
bigjuicyspider
Master Sergeant

Accufeel--buffetting behavior swept wing/straight wing

Post by bigjuicyspider »

After watching the Accufeel video it got me thinking, obviously, about what kinds of Airplanes in the sim would most benefit from having such an addon...

Of the effects demonstrated, of most interest to me are the buffeting effects at Vne and Vs. If you take a Payware airplane like the Real Air Duke, it has stall buffet behavior built in, but I'm not aware of Overspeed 'effects'. Would a plane such as this actually 'vibrate' in a structural overspeed condition? (We aren't talking a Mach buffet here)

Moving on to the realm of Payware jets: When you are dealing with a swept wing aircraft, what kind of 'shudder' can one expect to have in a stall condition? Would a T-Tail jet exhibit a buffet in the stall condition? Similarly, in an Mach overspeed condition, what kind of behavior, besides the tuck over, could we expect to see? What kind of buffetting would the pilot of a subsonic swept-wing aircraft experience after passing Mmo?

It is also my initial understanding that AccuFeel isn't actually shaking the aircraft and that it is just the sounds. Is that correct?

Sorry for a million questions. this Accufeel thing seems like a very useful environment enhancement, I'm just trying to ascertain what types of Payware aircraft would get the most benefit out of it.
1)i7 980x 4.35 ghz, gtx 470s SLI, Matrox th2go, Creative x-fi
2)i7 2600k, Gigabyte z68x, gtx 285s sli

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Re: Accufeel--buffetting behavior swept wing/straight wing

Post by Scott - A2A »

Q: Would a plane such as this actually 'vibrate' in a structural overspeed condition? (We aren't talking a Mach buffet here)
If you wanted it to have this behavior, then yes.

Q: Would a T-Tail jet exhibit a buffet in the stall condition?
By default, yes. You can, however, remove this buffeting effect if desired for any T-tails you have.

Q: It is also my initial understanding that AccuFeel isn't actually shaking the aircraft and that it is just the sounds. Is that correct?
No, Accu-Feel is actually shaking the aircraft, and this shaking is driving the sound.

Q: Sorry for a million questions. this Accufeel thing seems like a very useful environment enhancement, I'm just trying to ascertain what types of Payware aircraft would get the most benefit out of it.

Keep in mid that the goal is to maintain full compatibility and elevate all aircraft. We are most looking forward to hearing from customers and developers of what they want and need for their aircraft. Accu-Feel puts us all on the same team, and right now, Accu-Feel is already positioned for growth.

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

new reply

Return to “Accu-Feel General Discussion”