Landing gear animation stuck + more issues

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
Kiwigreg71
Airman Basic

Landing gear animation stuck + more issues

Post by Kiwigreg71 »

Just bought and loaded the p_40 on prepar3d v4 today. (I've used acufeel and A2a and spitfire on FSX for years with little problem).

Straight away there are issues with the P-40

1) The animation and landing gear is stuck at half way when it's being retracted. Nothing is fixing this from my end.
2) Plane is stuck on the jacks on the airfield where the planes collapses with no landing gear... even after when I goto hanger and fix everything the planes is sitting on the jacks. Landing gear still stuck at halfway.
3) A strange, loud buzz is in the hanger and view of the planes on the jacks on the same runway.

Greg

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Landing gear animation stuck + more issues

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

it sounds like things are working OK but you are expecting some different results. Remember the P-40 is the most manual aircraft we have produced. Other than flicking the landing gear switch whatelse are you doing to get the gear up and down. For down gravity will bring it down a certain amount but you will still need to manually bring it all the way to locking.

The manual for your simulation is under your start menu > all programs > A2A Simulations (may vary dependant on windows version)

This video covers parts to help you too;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTL8KtJawTQ

Personally I'm a sucker and will regularly use the wobble pump because I like the sound lol :mrgreen:

thanks,
Lewis - A2A
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Paughco
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Paughco »

It's a bummer that the guns don't work in the P-40, but it is what it is. Meanwhile, we can use the A2A P-40 input configurator and map the onboard hydraulic pump to the trigger on the stick. Then watch that video the Lewis posted. Also, watch the 1943 P-40 video on Zeno's Warbird Drive-in: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aUcqbytR9Ts.

OK. Get in your airplane and fire it up. Now, while you've got her warming up on the ramp, press Shift+1 to bring up the little icons that show the positions of your landing gear and flap levers and the radiator flaps. Taxi out, do your runup, then take off (Yee-haw!). Now you're climbing out. Either reach down to your left and pull your gear lever from neutral to up, or do what I do and press the [G] keyboard key to make the gear lever go up. Check the little gear lever icon in the lower left of your screen (the Shift+1 thing). Now, pull your trigger to activate the hydraulic pump. Gear position is shown in your gear/flaps instrument on the panel. Adjust to climb power. Once your gear is all the way up, let off the trigger and then press the [G] keyboard key to put your gear lever in the neutral position.

Buzz the tower. Fly around.

When you're on downwind to land, get her slowed down to 150 or so and press the [G] button to put your gear lever in the down position, then pull the trigger to turn on the hydraulic pump. Keep the pump running until you feel two little bumps, indicating that your mains are all the way down. Let go of the trigger and PRESS THE [G] key to neutralize the gear lever. This is really important. Oh yeah - one more YouTube vid. This is one posted by Sim CFI at my request, and it's pretty good. Maybe you should have watched it before you took off, it's too late now! :) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gG8uVYcgoq8&t=7s.

The P-40 is a great bird! Scott didn't praise her highly enough in that 2012 introductory video. :wink:

Seeya
ATB

Kiwigreg71
Airman Basic

Post by Kiwigreg71 »

Thankyou all and the training video was excellent. Yes, you had to train me to know the P-40 is very different from a Spit.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Good stuff, if you have any other questions the forums are always here.

thanks,
Lewis - A2A
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

new reply

Return to “P-40 Tech Support”