Mixed throttle controls

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
SSI01
Airman

Mixed throttle controls

Post by SSI01 »

I've finished a hop in the P-40 and have noticed my joystick throttle slider has no authority over the P-40s throttle below 25% power and above 75% power. Below 25 and above 75 I can get response from the throttle by using the "F2" and "F3" keys. "F2" closes the throttle much more abruptly than "F3" opens it.

I have a Logitech Extreme 3D Pro joystick. My first thought was it was out of calibration so calibrated it through the sim. No joy, I still had the problem. Next step was to reload the aircraft using the assigned key combination. Still no joy.

BTW this is a new problem, last time I took the bird up about a week ago this didn't happen.

Not experiencing it in any other aircraft.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Mixed throttle controls

Post by Lewis - A2A »

SSI01 wrote: BTW this is a new problem, last time I took the bird up about a week ago this didn't happen.

Hello,

The part quoted is the part to concentrate on. Something must have changed on your system to cause an effect. Any new add-ons, new drivers, are you an FSUIPC user etc?

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

SSI01
Airman

Post by SSI01 »

While using a different firm's aircraft this evening, I encountered this same problem, again new to that aircraft as well.

I tried resetting the joystick as before, still with no joy. Something made me click on the "restore default settings" button on the FSX screen and everything now works as it should.

While performing a little cleanup earlier this weekend, I went to another maker's aircraft folder to add some textures and discovered that while all the add-on textures I had placed in this aircraft's folder were there, all their respective entries in the .cfg file were missing. All I had in the file were the default aircrafts' entries. Fortunately I have saved most of my add-on textures in a special file and was able to find them, unzip the files, and copy the .cfg entries back into the main config file where they belong.

On a hunch, I went to another aircraft folder by the same manufacturer, and I found the same thing had happened there. Since repaired.

We have a brownout down here at least once a week, accompanied by noises from the transformer across the street, and have a shutdown/bump at least once a month. By their own admission the power company manipulates the electricity supply to our home in such a way we do not have a steady flow of juice, it changes a little through the day. I am wondering if that is at least partially to blame for this mess. I'm told most computers don't like the flow of electricity into their innards to change.

AviationAtWar
Technical Sergeant

Post by AviationAtWar »

You might want to consider a power conditioner/voltage regulator for your sensitive stuff if it's that bad.

SSI01
Airman

Post by SSI01 »

I forgot to say we've got a "smart meter" on our house that I suspect may be contributing to this.

Where do I find such a device, and what specifically do I ask for?

AviationAtWar
Technical Sergeant

Post by AviationAtWar »

new reply

Return to “P-40 Tech Support”