Pranged

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
Struggler81
Airman

Pranged

Post by Struggler81 »

I have attempted to land all the variants of my Warhawks and have crashed - pranged - every one of them. Now I am unable to start any of them.
Help, please!

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: Pranged

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi.
Did you prang the gear or belly land , due to the qurky u/c extend/retract.
If you belly landed , put them on jacks , get gear down , take of jacks , go to hangar , destroyed in red worn in yellow , click on damaged parts one at a time , dont forget the damage is not repaired imediatly , there is a delay , once the hangar shows everything ok , dont forget to click on engine to repair engine parts in same way , then you should be able to fly again .
regards alan. 8)

mallcott
Staff Sergeant

Post by mallcott »

Struggler81 wrote:I have attempted to land all the variants of my Warhawks and have crashed - pranged - every one of them. Now I am unable to start any of them.
Help, please!
Assuming you have accusim active (you don't specify) you probably need to read the manual about flying characteristics, read the manual about the persistent damage modelling, and read the forum full of tips for correct and better operation.

If it's not simply a case of operator error, then we really need far more information than this to even begin to offer assistance.

Struggler81
Airman

Post by Struggler81 »

Many thanks for that advice. I shall check on Accusim. Sounds stupid but I've added a small fleet of aircraft recently - the sales offers -.and I need to check.
You've pointed me in the right directions, between you.

Paughco
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Paughco »

Also, watch this video on landing the P-40: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gG8uVYcgoq8. I was the guy who requested it. Main things to watch for are:

1) neutralize gear level after lowering gear, as that is what locks it in place;
2) Pick a wide runway for your first few landings, as she likes to drift sideways on final. I use about 6 degrees right rudder on landing;
3) Maintain 100 mph all the way down on final.

Happy landings!

Seeya
ATB

Struggler81
Airman

Post by Struggler81 »

Thanks to the Maintainence Hangar all is now un-pranged. . I've flown a number of circuits at contrasting airfields and all is going well.
Again, my thanks to all three of you. I shall take a look at that video just as soon as I finish this.
Then more reading of the two manuals.
Onward! I'm going to enjoy getting to know this interesting aircraft.

new reply

Return to “P-40 Tech Support”