Annoying bug with the A2A aircraft installer program

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
Daube
Staff Sergeant

Annoying bug with the A2A aircraft installer program

Post by Daube »

Hi A2A,

Tonight I wanted to reinstall the P-40 with Accusim in my P3D v3, but I faced an annoying problem: when choosing the install path (g:\Prepar3D v3\), the installer removes the last "\" from the selected path, and subsequently creates the folders g:\Prepar3d v3A2A, g:\Prepar3D v3Simobjects, g:\Prepar3D v3Effects etc...
I tried to specify "g:\Prepar3D v3\." as an alternative, but it created g:\Prepar3D v3\.A2A etc... instead :lol: :evil:

I tried with the P47 installer, and the error was the same.

My computer used to be on Win7 64 back when I installed P3D and the A2A planes, but since then I have upgraded to Win10 64. The planes that were already installed work perfectly, but now it's getting a bit tough to install some new ones :D

Any advise ?

Tutmeister
Technical Sergeant

Re: Annoying bug with the A2A aircraft installer program

Post by Tutmeister »

Try again but when selecting the prepar3d folder in the installer actually double click it so you go into it rather than just selecting it. Give it a try and see what happens.

Chris
Owner of Fulcrum Simulator Controls
Spitfire Obsessive, GA Enthusiast.
https://www.fulcrumsim.com
https://www.facebook.com/fulcrumsimulatorcontrols

Daube
Staff Sergeant

Post by Daube »

I've done that first, and after seeing the problem I then tried to write the install path by hand. Both ended up with the same result: the last "\" gets erased upon confirming the path.

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

I wonder if something might be messed up in the registry since I do these manual installs every year for Air Venture with our entire library and have no issues. Since the P-40 wasn't made for P3d, maybe try installing into a dummy folder then copy / pasting. Since the installer is for FSX, it does need to see an fsx.exe in the folder too. This could be the issue.

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

Daube
Staff Sergeant

Post by Daube »

I tried with a dummy folder, containing a FSX.exe file (just like my P3D folder).
Path was d:\temp\FSX\.
The same bug happened: the last "\" got removed upon confirmation of the path.
However, when I proceeded with the install, the subfolders got created correctly (e.g d:\temp\FSX\A2A instead of d:\temp\FSXA2A).
Strange... but anyways, after manually moving the folders back in the correct place, my P-40 is back in my hangar :)

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Its not a bug it is a registry issue. Also because the software was never designed for P3D or its folder structure.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Paughco
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Paughco »

Lewis: I find this thread very interesting, because I am getting a new Jetline 'puter, and was advised to switch from FSX to P3D, which what I plan to do. Ken, the tech guy at Jetline, told me that I would have to repurchase my A2A aircraft for P3D. This thread, however, describes making the Accusim P-40 work on P3D, so it looks like I won't have to buy a new P-40 at least. Hmm. Maybe that will work with the J-3 also. What about the Comanche? Can that airplane be successfully "migrated" as well?

I plan to buy a Civilian P-51D soon after getting my new computer fully up and running. Then the Connie! It will be good to get back to flying again!

Seeya
ATB

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

we don't have a native P-40 or P-51. However we do have a P3D native Comanche. Our P3D products can be found here;
https://a2asimulations.com/store/index. ... 012116f1d6

We do not support the use of our FSX software in P3D due to the differences in the software.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

new reply

Return to “P-40 Tech Support”