Mag switch incr / decr via input configurator wrong order

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
gulredrel
Master Sergeant

Mag switch incr / decr via input configurator wrong order

Post by gulredrel »

Hello,

I mapped increase / decrease mags via input configurator.
Switching sequence seems odd to me.

Positions of the switch are: off - L - R - both (from left to right).

Using the assigned button for increase mag the switch in the cockpit moves off - R - L - both and back both - L - R - off.
With the mousewheel the switch positions are in correct order.

Regards
Jens

edit: changed subject
Last edited by gulredrel on 25 May 2019, 10:28, edited 1 time in total.
"Give me a ping, Vasili. One ping only, please."

Paughco
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: Mag switch using assigned buttons vs. mousewheel

Post by Paughco »

Jens: Maybe it's considered cheating, but I check mags by pressing the [M] key which puts the focus on the mag switch, then press the [-] key for counterclockwise movement of the mag switch, and the [+] key for clockwise movement.

I just discovered that [Ctrl]+Num[0] gives left rudder trim, and [Ctrl]+Num[Enter] gives right trim. I mapped [Cntrl]+Num[.] to pop the rudder back to neutral. Seems like my P-40 likes about 6 degrees of right rudder on approach.

The P-40 is great!

Seeya
ATB

gulredrel
Master Sergeant

Post by gulredrel »

M [+] [-] are the FSX default keys for the magneto switch. I htink, they will work.
But I use P-40 input configurator and have set M to increase magneto switch and ctrl + M to decrease.

gulredrel
Master Sergeant

Post by gulredrel »

Bump. Sorry for digging this up.

Tested today after P3D P-40 version 19.5.24.0 and this behaviour has not changed.
Using mouse right and left click is okay.

Using the input configurator assigned buttons for increase and decrease magneto switch has wrong order as described above.

Regards
Jens

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: Mag switch incr / decr via input configurator wrong order

Post by Nick - A2A »

Sorry Jens, this old topic evidently slipped right under the radar. For now, if anyone wishes to use these functions in the input configurator, I guess they'll just need to assign them in the reversed sense.

Thanks,
Nick

Paughco
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Paughco »

I like the mag switch just the way it is now. Left mouse click switches the control counterclockwise; right mouse click moves the control clockwise. That's perfect, IMHO! The main reason I like the mouse clicks better than rolling the mouse wheel for mag switching is because it's too easy to accidentally shut off both mags during runup with the mouse wheel. First time I did that was back when I first started flying the P-40. Then I let the engine shut down and restarted it. Another time when that happened I just moved the mag back to "on," then switched quickly to "both." I don't think that A2A modeled any damage due to that error, but it can't be good for the engine. Much safer with left and right mouse clicks.

Thank you, A2A!
ATB

gulredrel
Master Sergeant

Post by gulredrel »

Nick - A2A wrote: 25 May 2019, 13:25 I guess they'll just need to assign them in the reversed sense.
Hi Nick,

maybe I was not that clear in my explanation. Only reversing the buttons would'n bother me :mrgreen:
It's not a problem with increase or decrease. It is how the in cockpit switch reacts to the incr./decr. commands.

You can reproduce it this way.
- set input configurator keys for increase mag the switch and decrease mag the switch
- load P-40/Tomahawk C&D
- ingame mag switch is in off position
- hit increase mag switch one time --> switch in cockpit moves directly to R position instead of L first, which would be correct and works with right mousebutton in this order
- hit increase mag switch one time --> switch in cockpit moves from R to L position (one position back)
- hit increase mag switch one time --> switch in cockpit moves from L to both position (two positions right)
- same wrong order goes for decrease mag key in reverse, so three button presses starting from both result in: L - R - off

Regards
Jens

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Jens,

Thanks for clarifying this, I see what you mean now. We'll note this for the next update cycle.

Nick

new reply

Return to “P-40 Tech Support”