Input Config only saves to FSX Folder

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
sniper31
Airman

Input Config only saves to FSX Folder

Post by sniper31 »

Okay, I have a problem that I just cannot figure out. I only have P3D V 3.3.5 installed along with several A2A aircraft. I have run the latest A2A Core update 5_09_16. I have FSUIPC installed, but no controller buttons or axes assigned via FSUIPC. I have my Saitek X56 HOTAS installed and properly detected and working in P3D. Also, the Input Config for the P-40 detects my controller and lets me assign controls. The problem begins when I hit the Save and Update FSX button. The Input Config then saves the AxisConfig.cfg file in an FSX folder in MyDocuments, but is does NOT save AxisConfig.cfg into the P3D folder. Subsequently, the assigned commands do not function in P3D.

Any ideas as to why this is happening? This is all a complete fresh install on a new system that has never had FSX installed on it, only P3D V3. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you!

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Input Config only saves to FSX Folder

Post by Lewis - A2A »

You are using an FSX product it is not designed for or supported for use in the P3D platform which by now is very different to FSX platform. The old days of P3D v1.4 being similar to FSX went long ago so as each P3D update, patch etc brings in more changes the gap grows ever further apart. We have our P3D naitve products designed for P3D here on the P3D section of the store;
https://a2asimulations.com/store/index. ... 774f6ae65a

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

sniper31
Airman

Post by sniper31 »

Lewis, thank you for responding. I am very aware of your other products, and in fact own almost all of your Accusim aircraft, to include the P3D ready C182 and Piper Cherokee. I also understand the widening gap as P3D continues to develop. I hesitated to even ask this question on here, because I know that the P-40 was originally developed before P3D came out. However, I love that aircraft and the Input Configurator WAS working in my P3D V3 setup for about a week. I had controls assigned in the Input Config, and then other controls assigned via P3D. Then, when loading up my flight one day the Input Config controls would not work. It's very strange. It's a shame I can't fly this wonderful Accusim aircraft in P3D v3 using the A2A Input Config tool.....

Thanks for your help.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

If I was you i'd stop and then think as well as possible about what changed on your system between it working and not working, if it was a P3D hotfix update install? Any new software installed etc?

But as I say, we cant guarantee this is going to work just due to it never being designed for the now quiet different P3D platform.

thanks,
Lewis

klem
Airman First Class

Post by klem »

After returning to Flight Sim (dropping FSX for the improved P3D) I find it extremely disappointing that A2A are not even willing to address such a fundamental flaw as the Throttle not being recognised when it is recognised in Windows and all other sims I have. It is not even covered in the Input Configurator. Perhaps it is an axis count limit in A2A? (I have 2x JUYAO controllers (all buttons, no axes), an X45, an X52 and MFG pedals in that order). It does in any case work for, say, the P-51D trims although I can't save any changes or add the Spitfire trims.

I use the X-45 Throttle for RPM and the X-52 Throttle for throttle and neither are recognised in the cockpit.

Surely the Axis configurator can be opened up to more axes?

Short of that my A2A products are consigned to the dustbin. You don't even have those warbirds (Spit, Mustang, P-40) for P3D although I would resent buying them again when a little customer support should be able to sort it out.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

klem wrote:After returning to Flight Sim (dropping FSX for the improved P3D) I find it extremely disappointing that A2A are not even willing to address such a fundamental flaw as the Throttle not being recognised when it is recognised in Windows and all other sims I have. It is not even covered in the Input Configurator. Perhaps it is an axis count limit in A2A? (I have 2x JUYAO controllers (all buttons, no axes), an X45, an X52 and MFG pedals in that order). It does in any case work for, say, the P-51D trims although I can't save any changes or add the Spitfire trims.

I use the X-45 Throttle for RPM and the X-52 Throttle for throttle and neither are recognised in the cockpit.

Surely the Axis configurator can be opened up to more axes?

Short of that my A2A products are consigned to the dustbin. You don't even have those warbirds (Spit, Mustang, P-40) for P3D although I would resent buying them again when a little customer support should be able to sort it out.
The P-40 is not a P3D product. We offer customer support for the P-40 in FSX as it was designed to be used in. FSX and P3D are different platforms with different development kits and we have different products for the two platforms. Just as how an X-Plane aircraft shouldn't be expected to work in FSX or P3D.

Our Professional platform P3D products can be found here on the store;
https://a2asimulations.com/store/index. ... 7425532ce0

We have talked about nothing set in stone about releasing P3D warbirds.

thanks,
Lewis

new reply

Return to “P-40 Tech Support”