Missing cockpit sounds.

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
Molly - A2A
A2A Major

Re: Missing cockpit sounds.

Post by Molly - A2A »

gulredrel wrote:Have some sounds been tuned down? Especially the fuel selector sound is not present or very very quiet.
Yes that is the topic of this thread.

Paughco
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Paughco »

I noticed some of the sounds missing on my P-40B also. No wobble pump, the little cabin vent air lever, carb heat; all the usual suspects the rest of the P-40 gang are describing.

Seeya
ATB

Paughco
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Paughco »

Just took the P-40 out after installing the 4/16/2016 A2A update. All the sounds are back. Cool! Now I guess I'll "fly" my lawnmower to interdict the moss and dandelions.

OK, mowing is done. While mowing, I was thinking about how nicely the A2A guys are taking care of my trusty old P-40B, as evidenced by that latest update. I just want to say "Thank you!"

Seeya
ATB

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Great to hear, happy flying

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Psycho75
Airman

Post by Psycho75 »

Nice!! All sounds working again :D Gonna do some flying with the warhawk today. Thank you so much A2A.

Thanks,
Thomas
ImageImageImageImage

Larry Bevis
Airman

Post by Larry Bevis »

I came here to see what was wrong with my newly purchase P40. I see others have had the same issue with no sound on the switches, primer, fuel selector, emergency break won't hold and so on. Because of the dates of these posts I would have thought things would have been fixed. I looked for an update, but no luck. Everything else seems to work. I used P3D with Migration tool install and will probably ues FSUIPC for buttons and swithches. Please let me know where the fix is.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Larry Bevis wrote:I came here to see what was wrong with my newly purchase P40. I see others have had the same issue with no sound on the switches, primer, fuel selector, emergency break won't hold and so on. Because of the dates of these posts I would have thought things would have been fixed. I looked for an update, but no luck. Everything else seems to work. I used P3D with Migration tool install and will probably ues FSUIPC for buttons and swithches. Please let me know where the fix is.
The Accu-sim updater is posted at the top of all the forums. Please note the fix may or may not work in P3D, the aircraft is not supported for use on the P3D platform as its an FSX aircraft with fsx format files and data.

thanks,
Lewis

Larry Bevis
Airman

Post by Larry Bevis »

Thanks Lewis for your reply. When I installed the P40 there was a window that asked what platform I use. The choices was FSX, P3D, P3D2 or P3D3. I checked P3D2 which is the one I use. When I ran the update It went through the list of aircraft but was unable to find the P40. Do you have any explanation for this? I'm sure there must be some reason just not sure what. Hope you can help.
Larry

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello Larry,

just to double chekc you have the WOP3 P-40 + the Accu-sim pack for the P-40?

thanks,
Lewis

Larry Bevis
Airman

Post by Larry Bevis »

Yes. The download was wop3_p40.zip and the update was A2A_update_05_09_16.EXE. As the update started to run it went through all the models and it said it was unable to find the P40. I thinks this is my first purchase so none of the others would show. Thanks again. LB

Jacques
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Jacques »

Larry, it doesn't seem that you purchased the accu-sim package, but instead purchased the base aircraft, and then attempted to apply the accu-sim update?

There would be two purchases: Wop3_p40, and an accu-sim package for the wop P40. After you install both if those purchased products, then you run the update.

Larry Bevis
Airman

Post by Larry Bevis »

Does this mean I have to pay an additional $24.99 to get this to work? That is, assuming the update will work.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello Larry,

yes the update is for the Accu-sim aircraft. You will to be an Accu-sim user to use the update and get the Accu-sim features.

thanks,
Lewis

dvm
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by dvm »

This is probably too little too late but the last time I had missing sounds after a Accu-Sim update I updated my sound drivers and all was well. Maybe something to file away for the future.

Larry Bevis
Airman

Post by Larry Bevis »

What I,m hearing hear is the base package doesn't have all the sounds and in order to get them I need to buy the Accu Sim expansion package for the P40. I have to tell you I fully expected to get all the sounds in the $29.95 P40. Please let me know.

new reply

Return to “P-40 Tech Support”