Hyd Switch Stays Engaged

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
sax003
Airman Basic

Hyd Switch Stays Engaged

Post by sax003 »

Hey everyone, and thanks in advance for any help given. I'm having a problem with my Saitek X52 controller and the P-40 configurator not controlling the hydraulic switch properly. I assigned the configurator, "Hydraulic Pump Switch", to Shift+H and likewise with one of my controller buttons through the programming software. The setup works, and I can engage the pump in FSX, but the button doesn't disengage when I let go. The keyboard itself works as expected (push keys, button goes down, pump turns on, release keys, button comes up, pump stops). I thought it was a programming issue with my joystick and related software, but Saitek has a test window where you can see what your buttons are doing. I'll push and hold the assigned button, it shows Shift+H is being held; I let go, it shows that it was released. That tells me that my programming software is working as advertised, but there's some sort of glitch between the three programs. So does anybody have any experience with this particular problem? Am I overlooking something? I've tried looking through other threads and at the FSX settings (and yes, the manual :wink: ), but I couldn't come up with anything. Thanks again and I appreciate you guys.
ImageImageImageImageImage

WB_FlashOver
Technical Sergeant

Re: Hyd Switch Stays Engaged

Post by WB_FlashOver »

sax003,
I've read this and went to my game and controller settings to see what can be done. I have to say that I'm not familiar with the Saitek profiler enough to give much advise there. But I did see an option for 'On Press' 'On Hold' and 'On Release'. Maybe something like that needs to be applied to get this to release for you. Say, key H down on joystick button press and key H up with button release. Did you try to just assign the joystick button in the P40 axis configurator?

I use LINDA for my controls and find it extremely helpful. It has options for the B-17 hydraulic pump for 'B17 Hydraulic Pump On' and 'B17 Hydraulic Pump Off'. I set it for pump on when button is pressed, pump on when button is held and pump off when button is released. Works great.

Good luck
FlashO
-- Fly Well, Be Nice, Have Fun ! ! !

Z390 FTW | i9 9900K @ 5.2 | 32GB 3333 CL14 | 3080 Ti FE
970 Pro 512GB (OS)| 970 Evo 1TB | 850 Evo 500GBx2 Raid0
3TB HDD | Define S2 | EKWB Dual Loop

P51civ - T6 - P40 - B17 - B377 - L049 - Comanche - Spit - Bonanza

sax003
Airman Basic

Post by sax003 »

FlashO,
Thanks for the help! I got it working with your suggestion about assigning the button directly to the configurator. Keep it simple...who knew? :oops: Thanks and have a good one.
ImageImageImageImageImage

WB_FlashOver
Technical Sergeant

Post by WB_FlashOver »

Very cool sax003,
Sometimes it is the simplest solution that works. :D

Fly Well, Be Nice, Have Fun ! ! !

FlashO
-- Fly Well, Be Nice, Have Fun ! ! !

Z390 FTW | i9 9900K @ 5.2 | 32GB 3333 CL14 | 3080 Ti FE
970 Pro 512GB (OS)| 970 Evo 1TB | 850 Evo 500GBx2 Raid0