P40 and Saitek CyborgX

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
gnocgnoc
Airman First Class

P40 and Saitek CyborgX

Post by gnocgnoc »

Hello,

I’m using a Saitek Cyborg X with P-40 and P40-Accusim.
But when I press a button of my joystick in the A2A Input Configurator it records it (for example joystick:1:button:1) but it doesn’t work in FSX.
After clicking on “ Save and UpdateFSX” it doesn’t change anything and the buttons keep on using the FSX settings.

-I’ve installed the full package as administrator.
-I run the A2A Input Configurator as administrator as well.
-My Saitek CyborgX is activated in FSX.
-My drivers are updated.
-I don’t use FSUIPC.
-I use Win7-64.

BTW:The A2A Input Configurator works with my CH flightSim yoke.
Question: Is the Input Configurator compatible with the Saitek Cyborg X and if not could you tell me if it works with other Saitek products?

Thanks

Marc
Marc

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: P40 and Saitek CyborgX

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello Marc,

I cannot think why this wouldn't work but is the Logitech the control you are mapping in FSX?

Also be worth checking you have the latest drivers and/or no software from the joystick is interfering with any mappings. Oh and talking of latest updates do you have the latest Accu-sim Core update?

thanks,
Lewis - A2A
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

gnocgnoc
Airman First Class

Post by gnocgnoc »

Hi Lewis,

Logitech ? What do you mean ? So far I can only see my saitek joystick (and my CH Yoke when it's plugged) in FSX menu.

I'm using the latest drivers and no software is installed. The joystick is directly "plugged" into FSX. And yes, I'm using the latest Accu-sim Core update.

Thanks

Marc
Marc

Mikenor
Staff Sergeant

Post by Mikenor »

Hi Marc, ran into similar problem a few months ago - solution on link below worked like a charm. Hope this helps.

http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtop ... 08&t=37287

Mike

gnocgnoc
Airman First Class

Post by gnocgnoc »

Hi Mike,

It's unfortunatly not my case.
My FSX options\settings\controls\Enable Controller checkbox is checked...but I still can't assign any button or axis from my saitek joystick.
So far I've no other solution than using the FSX mapping with the joystick and the Input Configurator with keyboard keys.

Thanks

Marc
Marc

gnocgnoc
Airman First Class

Post by gnocgnoc »

Hi All,

Sorry to insist but I have the same problem with the P47, P51 and B17 so it’s really annoying.
The Saitek CyborgX is not recognized by the A2A configurator.
Maybe the problem occurs because my hard drive is partitioned with Windows (7 64bit) on C: and FSX as well as my "documents" folder are on D:?
Does anyone have an idea?

Any help is welcome.

Thanks

Marc
Marc

gnocgnoc
Airman First Class

Post by gnocgnoc »

Hi everybody,

After some tweaking I’ve noticed that my joystick had a wrong number in the axisConfig.cfg file.
I use a specific device which is not intended to be used as game device (SpaceNavigator).
This stuff is not recognized by FSX but strangely the "input configurator" recorded it at the top place of its joystick list (joystick:0) and therefore the other joysticks are named joystick:1, joystick:2 etc…
So the trick is just to edit the axisConfig.cfg file and rename the joystick's number according the joysticks list in FSX.

I hope it could help.

Marc
Marc

Peter Er
Airman

Post by Peter Er »

I found thomthing interesting
gnocgnoc wrote:Hi everybody,

After some tweaking I’ve noticed that my joystick had a wrong number in the axisConfig.cfg file.
I use a specific device which is not intended to be used as game device (SpaceNavigator).
This stuff is not recognized by FSX but strangely the "input configurator" recorded it at the top place of its joystick list (joystick:0) and therefore the other joysticks are named joystick:1, joystick:2 etc…
So the trick is just to edit the axisConfig.cfg file and rename the joystick's number according the joysticks list in FSX.

I hope it could help.

Marc
in the end I did not change anything but with storing or again-storing everything now works fine :D
Best Regards

Peter

Peter Er
Airman

Re: input configurator

Post by Peter Er »

Peter Er wrote:I found thomthing interesting
gnocgnoc wrote:Hi everybody,

I hope it could help.

Marc
in the end I did not change anything but with storing or again-storing everything now works fine :D
Best Regards

Peter

new reply

Return to “P-40 Tech Support”