Various frustating problems with the P40

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
Chandy
Airman Basic

Various frustating problems with the P40

Post by Chandy »

I downloaded the beast, read the manuals, followed the manuals, and after two days I am still no further ahead.

The engine won't start when following the manual. If and when it does start it makes a wheezing noise and cuts out during taxi or before leaving the ramp.

In the only two times I got airborne (once without AccuSim - I uninstalled it as I couldn't find out how to disable AccuSim, in case that was the problem) the engine smoked, caught fire and or cut out.

Even with full hydraulic pressure the wheels don't always come up after take-off or on the jacks (and I was pressing the joystick button) and lifting the red gear handle.

The Propeller Safety Switch isn't labelled that I can see.

The manual isn't quite clear when it refers to starting "Press Start (wait Engage" What? If I flick the start toggle switch (it isn't a press) then move it down to Energise it has to go past the 'off' position and vice versa in the other direction, thereby immediately cutting the engine.

What do you mean by low pitch? Do you mean fully fine?

How can I disable/disarm AccuSim? Why can't I fly the P40 after I have deleted AccuSim (well I did fly it but only once without it for a minute or two because even without AccuSim the darn thing will not start.)

I have the B17 and Piper Cub with AccuSim and they're okay - no problems so why with the P40?

The Configurator is a crock. Do we have to use this? All it did was somehow corrupt other controls on my Saitek Yoke and Throttle Quadrant. If we can fly the B17 and Cub without it why do we need it?

Last but not least (I may find more problems but at the moment these are preventing me from using this program) I cannot download the Version 1.5 AccuSim Core Update - it just hangs.

Can you have a look at my problems please and throw me a lifeline or two. Great sound and graphics - a pity if I can't use it.

And I was following the manuals.

Regards

John G

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Various frustating problems with the P40

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello John,

Sounds like you are idling too low to and this is why the engine is cutting out.

For the general post I'd suggest going over the manual again which will tell you how to disable Accu-sim via the shift-3 panel and also have a look over the videos from our you tube channel;
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTL8KtJawTQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pCKSxK1nAAU

We create videos not just for promo's and development updates but to also be of use for tutorial type purposes so you can see things in action which tends to help a hell of a a lot in these situations.

For the core update the download is live and all OK so no issues at our end will be preventing you from downloading;
http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtop ... 23&t=36524

thanks,
Lewis - A2A
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Chandy
Airman Basic

Re: Various frustating problems with the P40

Post by Chandy »

I really did read the manuals, however after reading another post about the same thing I have the answer for the engine cutting out - the reserve fuel tank must have only had fumes in it! I'm almost turning into my ex-wife ... remember to put fuel in the tank!

I found I don't need the Configurator after all.

The other remaining problem is that I cannot download the AccuSim core update, as I reported in my previous post. Is there some other way I can get this - is there a mirror site?

Other than that it is a nice aeroplane and I'm happy.

John G

(anyone want a bent prop?)

new reply

Return to “P-40 Tech Support”