P-40 problem

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
CBarr99
Airman Basic

P-40 problem

Post by CBarr99 »

I just purchased the P-40 and the Accu-sim product for it, I can not get the landing gear to raise and the flaps will lower but not raise, when I took off while finding all this out a fire started in the engine compartment, I came here found an Accu-sim update and downloaded it, on the ground the throttle is slow to react, the brakes don't work, I have read in the WOP lll p-40 manuel that it requires a licensed copy of Flight Sim X which I have and SP2 which is also in it. I told fspilotshop.com of these problems and they said to come here. I would appreciate any and all help very much thanks Craig

Gypsy Baron
A2A Master Mechanic

Re: P-40 problem

Post by Gypsy Baron »

The gear and flaps issue sound like you have no hydraulic pressure. You need to activate the
hydraulic pump to raise the gear/flaps (button on top of the stick).

Also, you need to make sure you have hydraulic fluid....check that in the Maintenance Hangar.

And check the status of the oil as well. That may have been the cause of the engine fire!

Paul

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello CBarr99,

Additional to what Gypsy Baron posted. The manuals are installed upon software installation and located under your start menu >> all programs >> A2A Simulations. They are packed full of information that will help you get the best out of your aircraft and the software.

Also please do post here on the forums questions as you have as its the best place not just for tech support but also for general use and hints, tips etc. And lastly many find out videos of the simulators in action one of the best ways to watch and learn. You can find our youtube channel packed with videos here; https://www.youtube.com/user/ShockwaveProd/videos

thanks,
Lewis - A2A
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

CBarr99
Airman Basic

Post by CBarr99 »

Thank you Baron and Lewis for your help, I am new to FS-X I had FS2004 and loved it I also have the Wings of Power from Shockwave also the B25 Mitchell and the Constellation, all have worked well with minor problems, but the P-40 seems shockingly good. I'm not sure where to find the maintenance hangar but I will look for it. Thanks again. Craig

CBarr99
Airman Basic

Post by CBarr99 »

I have found the maintenance hangar, all that is in there is "check eng" "complete overhaul" and "compression test" I didn't find anything about checking hyd oil, I took off again and tried pressing the button on the stick and moved the gear lever to "up" the gear doesn't move, as far as the flaps go I can't see how you can press the button on the front of the control yoke, I also found the input configurator and assigned hyd pump button to keyboard button "p" and gear up button to button on my joy stick and same with down, and also 2 buttons on joy stick for flaps up and down. Still these do not work. Craig

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

You need to use the payload manager to load fuel. The maint hanger will let you know if your aircraft is for for flight. The manual is found under start >> all program's >> A2A Simulations and has all the keys for the various screens and what not.

For gear (assuming your aircraft is fit for flight, no Hyd leaks and has the needed fluids) you will want to set for up and then pump that lever like hell until she's up and secure, watching the lever for the movement of the lever to stiffen as the pressure builds, much like in the YouTube video.

Welcome to Accu-sim realism, you will have a little learning to do but the procedures to get up then become second nature and the feeling of accomplishment when you get her down after a good flight without being in fire or too much wear on the engine etc is pretty awesome. For time when you might only have a spare few mins for a flight or just want to chill out you can turn Accu-sim damage off under shift-3 panel.

Thanks
Lewis

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

dacamp66
Senior Airman

Post by dacamp66 »

the gear lever and the flap lever are simply hydraulic fluid valves, the procedure for the gear is as follows:
1. move gear position lever to desired position (up for up, down for down)
2. depress and HOLD electric hydraulic pump button (button on top of onscreen stick) until gear/flap gauge shows gear are in desired position (pump may also labor slightly)release button.
3.pump manual hydraulic lever (lever by pilot's right knee sticking vertically out of the floor) until it refuses to move (this is a safety measure to ensure gear are
DOWN and LOCKED or UP and LOCKED)
4. return gear position lever to middle NEUTRAL position to SAFE the system.
FLAPS:
1. move flap position lever to desired position (forward for up, back for down)
2. depress and HOLD electric hydraulic pump button (button on top of stick) until gear/flap gauge shows flaps are in desired position .
3. return flap position lever to middle NEUTRAL position to SAFE the system.
4. flaps and gear may be operated manually if electric pump is broken/damaged: simply move the lever to desired position and start pumping the manual hydraulic lever then reset the gear and/or flap lever(s) to their middle SAFE position.

p.s.: the hydraulic system MAY possibly be listed in the "check engine" tab (not sure)
Last edited by dacamp66 on 12 Oct 2013, 20:09, edited 2 times in total.
Orville's law: when the altitude of the ground at your current location exceeds the altitude of your aircraft, you have most assuredly crashed.

Molly - A2A
A2A Major

Post by Molly - A2A »

A good reading of the manual is in order for the Accu-sim P40. You will really have a lot of trouble with it unless you do so. The hydraulics system (key to working the flaps and gear) alone takes some time to learn and adjust to.

Also it's highly recommended to use the P-40 Input Configurator (found in your Programs folder list under A2A Simulations) to assign a key or joystick button to the hydraulic pump switch.

CBarr99
Airman Basic

Post by CBarr99 »

Thanks for all your help, I've found the manual and reading does help :D I have loaded fuel, hyd oil, prestone and managed a nice take off with gear going up, this is great. I did also find the f3 and I see that in the lower right of that window its says Damage N/A and if I hover over it with my mouse it says "Damage no available. AccuSim not present." I tried to click on it to see if it would change and it does not, does this mean AccuSim isn't being recognized? Also once on the ground the FSX kept trying to "end flight" I kept clicking continue, FSX has never done that before now I have to wonder if the software isn't properly installed?? this is all so frustrating anyway any help is appreciated thank you all. Craig

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Did you install the Accu-sim package after the aircraft?

thanks,
Lewis

CBarr99
Airman Basic

Post by CBarr99 »

Yes Lewis I downloaded it from fspilotshop when I purchased them, I do have a cd coming in the mail for both.
thanks Craig

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Try reinstalling the P-40 Accu-sim package.

thanks,
Lewis

CBarr99
Airman Basic

Post by CBarr99 »

I got the Disc in the mail today and on the disc is a sticker that says SHO-245 WOP P-40 and SHO-250 that is supposed to be the Accu-Sim add on, so I went to reinstall it and all that installed was the WOP P-40, I went to the DVD Drive E: and all it shows is the WOP P-40, so I have sent an email to fspilotshop asking them the same question, so I guess I will have to wait for a response from them, again Lewis thank you and everyone for your much needed help I will get back to you if and when I get the SHO-250 disc. Craig Barr

CBarr99
Airman Basic

Post by CBarr99 »

Well I can now say that I have flown the P-40 and its great, I took off at San Diego International (Lindbergh) and flew to McClellan in Carlsbad (Palomar Airport) only a very short flight but I took off and landed with flaps and gear working fine, engine running fine. I want to thank all of you for your help on this. Thanks Craig

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

No problem Craig, glad you have enjoyed your first proper flight. Happy flying!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

new reply

Return to “P-40 Tech Support”