Peripheralview=flashing cursor - matrox (solved)

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
Shousa
Senior Airman

Peripheralview=flashing cursor - matrox (solved)

Post by Shousa »

This for for

1) Matrox Triplehead2go users - 3 monitors only
2) who have the flashing cursor from hell problem with the P-40's new "Peripheral view"

I have a HD resolution of 4320 by 900.

For all other A2A 2D panels (maintennance hangars, radios whatever) I do not need to alter the 2D panels since I made the fsx.cfg have WIDESCREENASPECT = FALSE.
(When I had that variable as TRUE I came up with a fix for the A2A panels which I have since rolled back as was no longer necessary)

My previous (rolled back) fix does not work with this peripheral view (it stops the flashing but does not show the view)

Questions:
1) Does the P40's peripheral view work on say Killratio's PC ? (which has Matrox with 3840 rather than my 4320)
2) Is there a fix for it ?

EDIT: I just remembered I have not tried the "usually non-A2A 2d panel fixes" eg window_size = 0.333, 0.900 but would still like to know if it does work on Killratio's PC as well (pretty please with cherries on top).

If it does work do you, Darryl, have to "stretch it" the first time you use it ? (using the mouse)
Last edited by Shousa on 11 Jan 2012, 18:41, edited 1 time in total.

bigjuicyspider
Master Sergeant

Re: Peripheralview=flashing cursor - matrox with HD resoluti

Post by bigjuicyspider »

Questions:
1) Does the P40's peripheral view work on say Killratio's PC ? (which has Matrox with 3840 rather than my 4320)
2) Is there a fix for it ?
Yes, this is an issue for 4320 x 900 users with Window00 and you'll have to add a parameter. All of the Windows except for Window00 have the "pixel size" parameter and that is why the other windows work without flickering and are proportionately sized.

So you'll have to use your normal "window_size = 0.333, 0.900" for window00, as you said

or, as I have been doing it:

pixel_size = 512, 384

(At least it is only one window that Surround users need to tweak, instead of fifty as on the md-11 :) )
1)i7 980x 4.35 ghz, gtx 470s SLI, Matrox th2go, Creative x-fi
2)i7 2600k, Gigabyte z68x, gtx 285s sli

Shousa
Senior Airman

Post by Shousa »

Thanks for that dude!

Will try it when I get home.

EDIT: the Windows_size fix did work. Problem solved.

PropPirate
Airman Basic

Post by PropPirate »

bigjuicyspider wrote:Questions:

So you'll have to use your normal "window_size = 0.333, 0.900" for window00, as you said

or, as I have been doing it:

pixel_size = 512, 384

(At least it is only one window that Surround users need to tweak, instead of fifty as on the md-11 :) )
Is this the same numbers for 6003x1080? This is my resolution, and I'm wondering what window_size I would need to use because no matter what I try I still get the flashing cursor.

new reply

Return to “P-40 Tech Support”