What a beautiful aircraft - Thank you!

Honest, reliable, iconic American fighter
new reply
Ifikratis
Airman First Class

What a beautiful aircraft - Thank you!

Post by Ifikratis »

Hi all,

With the release of the P-40 for P3Dv4 I initially was a bit sceptical. I did not own the aircraft in FSX and had not heard much about the plane. Also, I did not know if I'm going to use it much but knowing its A2A it was difficult for me to resist. I own all the P3Dv4 fleet so I decided to purchase.

I was SO impressed when I loaded it up in the sim. What a beautiful aircraft. Not only it's shape, modeling and textures are a pure joy to look at, it's also how it flies. It feels so immersive and thrilling to bring this engine alive, the sounds are maybe the best I've heard. The way it handles is also very enjoyable. Easier to manage than the P-51 and cruising at 300 Kts it will make some beautiful trips in the sim. Just like owning an original P-40 on your virtual hangar, you would take it for some rides, wouldn't you? :D

| C172 Trainer | C182 Skylane | J3 Cub | L049 Constellation | PA24 Commanche | PA28 Cherokee | P-40 Warhawk | P-51D Military | P-51D Civilian | Spitfire MkI-II | T-6 Texan | V35B Bonanza | B-17 Flying Fortress |

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: What a beautiful aircraft - Thank you!

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Very nice screenshot, glad you are enjoying the P-40 in its P3DV4 version 8) 8)

cheers,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

patful
Master Sergeant

Post by patful »

I love it too, even more than the Spit and Mustang. Having to pump the hydraulics for gear and flaps gives it more character. I refuse to assign a button or set the pump to auto.

Fastback
Airman First Class

Post by Fastback »

What a clean and crisp portrait of the P-40, nicely done!

Ben

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

The P-40 is a sleeper, in that most reach for the Spitfire and P-51, but in many ways the P-40 is the most satisfying and fun Accu-Sim Warbird to fly, in that it's all manual. You can over-power the engine, over heat it, etc. if you are not on top of it.

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

new reply

Return to “P-40 Warhawk / Tomahawk”