Missing Bumpmaps

Honest, reliable, iconic American fighter
new reply
wallydog
Senior Airman

Missing Bumpmaps

Post by wallydog »

While doing some repainting of this beautiful bird, I noticed that there is missing bump mapping for the rear half of the plane (Plates 2&5). I also noticed that the US variants (B & C) have no bump mapping at all which can be changed with a simple change to the texture.cfg file for each individual repaint.

The differences between the British and American variants are subtle so another set of B/C specific BumbpMaps may not need to be created.

changes to the texture.cfg for B & C specific paints.

[fltsim]

fallback.1=..\texture_IIb
fallback.2=..\texture
fallback.3=..\..\..\..\Scenery\Global\texture
fallback.4=..\..\..\..\..\..\Scenery\Global\texture

dsiegrist
Airman

Re: Missing Bumpmaps

Post by dsiegrist »

It appears that for some planes the default bumps in the texture folder are superseded by the bumps in the texture_IIb directory. Can someone at A2A shed light on when the texture_IIb should be used instead of the default textures?

Dave
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

wallydog
Senior Airman

Post by wallydog »

dsiegrist wrote:It appears that for some planes the default bumps in the texture folder are superseded by the bumps in the texture_IIb directory. Can someone at A2A shed light on when the texture_IIb should be used instead of the default textures?

Dave

Dave,

I did not see the bumpmaps in the Texture folder so those should give the B& C models their bumpmapping so you can disregard my earlier comment. I assume that the missing bump map plates not in the TExture_IIb folder will be picked up by the default Texture folder but you could always copy those files over to be sure.

dsiegrist
Airman

Post by dsiegrist »

wallydog wrote:
dsiegrist wrote:It appears that for some planes the default bumps in the texture folder are superseded by the bumps in the texture_IIb directory. Can someone at A2A shed light on when the texture_IIb should be used instead of the default textures?

Dave

Dave,

I did not see the bumpmaps in the Texture folder so those should give the B& C models their bumpmapping so you can disregard my earlier comment. I assume that the missing bump map plates not in the TExture_IIb folder will be picked up by the default Texture folder but you could always copy those files over to be sure.
Wallydog,

I thought you might have missed the bumps in the texture folder but my question is still valid. I looked through all my various and sundry textures and it seems all the AVGs refer to the IIb folder, but so do some of the other planes but not consistantly. I was curious about what A2A intended the Texture_IIb bumps to be used for.

Dave

ROB - A2A
A2A Colonel

Post by ROB - A2A »

The bump maps from the "texture_IIb" folder are used for the AVG and Tomahawk IIB types of our P40 which are represented by the "#77 R.T. Smith", "White58, 20thGIAP" and "Neville Duke 1941" skins/planes.
Thier texture.cfg file has got an additional entry:

Code: Select all

as a first "fallback" folder. FS searches the fallback folders, in order, looking for a first instance of a required file. Any other instances of the required file in the following folders are ignored.

regards
ROB
A2A Simulations Inc.

dsiegrist
Airman

Post by dsiegrist »

Thank you for the info.

Dave

wallydog
Senior Airman

Post by wallydog »

ROB - A2A wrote:The bump maps from the "texture_IIb" folder are used for the AVG and Tomahawk IIB types of our P40 which are represented by the "#77 R.T. Smith", "White58, 20thGIAP" and "Neville Duke 1941" skins/planes.
Thier texture.cfg file has got an additional entry:

Code: Select all

as a first "fallback" folder. FS searches the fallback folders, in order, looking for a first instance of a required file. Any other instances of the required file in the following folders are ignored.

regards
ROB
Rob,

Thanks for clarifying...on a separate note, is their a way to fix the reflectiveness for the back left windscreen? The effect can be seen in the following post and is quite pronounced at various times of day.

http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtop ... 96#p259796

ROB - A2A
A2A Colonel

Post by ROB - A2A »

I'm afraid you are unable to fix it by yourself. I have added this fix to my TODO list.

regards
ROB
A2A Simulations Inc.

wallydog
Senior Airman

Post by wallydog »

ROB - A2A wrote:I'm afraid you are unable to fix it by yourself. I have added this fix to my TODO list.

regards
ROB
Rob,

Any chance we'll see this in the next update?

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

It might not be in the next update but shouldn't be too much longer as we have it in the works post Comanche update along with some other updates for P-51 etc.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

wallydog
Senior Airman

Post by wallydog »

Lewis - A2A wrote:It might not be in the next update but shouldn't be too much longer as we have it in the works post Comanche update along with some other updates for P-51 etc.

thanks,
Lewis
Lewis,

Any chance this made it into the latest update? Been eagerly waiting for this fix.

Thnx

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

It'll be in the next Warbird update

thanks,
Lewis

wallydog
Senior Airman

Post by wallydog »

Lewis - A2A wrote:It'll be in the next Warbird update

thanks,
Lewis
Lewis,

The recent Accusim warbird updates following the T-6 release are terrific. These planes just keep getting better. Any chance we will see the texture fix for the P-40 window by Rob in the near future?

Thanks

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Yes have that + others like the Flight1 GTN 650 GPS support for the civ Mustang. A bunch of updates and new bits that we are pushing out for the warbirds and GA now the T-6 is released.

thanks,
Lewis

new reply

Return to “P-40 Warhawk / Tomahawk”