AVG Re-Paint Request

Honest, reliable, iconic American fighter
new reply
IanHenry
Airman Basic

AVG Re-Paint Request

Post by IanHenry »

Hi,
I found this photo of an AVG P-40 on a site where you can download desktop pictures, and wondered if one of the people who are skilled at repainting could replicate it. The aircraft looks wonderful and I would very much appreciate the opportunity to fly the A2A P-40 with this scheme.

Many thanks in advance,
Ian.

jimcarrel
Senior Airman

Re: AVG Re-Paint Request

Post by jimcarrel »

+1

Norforce
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Norforce »

Went through all of mine and only have #68
Ron
B-17 AIRFRAME 710 HRS PLUS AND CLIMBING
ImageImageImageImage

GIGABYTE X58A-UD5 MB, INTEL I7 950, 12GB DOMINATOR-GT DDR3 RAM, WIN7 64, GIGABYTE SUPER OVER CLOCK GTX 560 TI 1GB GGDDR5 1000Mz, CORSAIR 850W PS, NOCTUA NH-D14,
TRACKIR 5 & TrackClipPro

Downtown
Airman

Post by Downtown »

I'll post it here but I may re-post it again in a new thread because I haven't seen it anywhere so far.

At http://www.avgflyingtigers.com is the official site of the American Volunteer Group/Flying Tigers.

Prior to that I had communication with Erik Shilling who was a NACA Test Pilot and flew both the H-75/P-36 and H-81/P-40.

Erik also went on to fly with the AVG in China, he flew the Unit Photo Plane #71 with the Swami.

I asked him because you sometimes see AVG P-40s with Red Propeller Hubs and the three color hubs on the landing gear. Erik and later a Crew Chief for the AVG both confirmed that there were no red hubs or three color hubs on the gear. The Propeller hubs were the Spinach Green and the Wheel hubs were always the light bluish-grey that was on the underside.

The AVG Pilots that I communicated with in the past believe there were two colors to the underside on the aircraft they received, some had a more whiteish grey and others had the very light blue-ish grey, but that may be something like the picture of the dress where some people see white and gold and others see blue and black.

Downtown
Airman

Post by Downtown »

I found in the color portfolio between Pages 160 and 160, chapter V, second to the last page of the color portfolio, of Larry Pistoles A Pictorial History of the Flying Tigers an image of Charles Older and R.T. Smith standing in front of a P-40 which has the tri-colored wheel hubs.

I scanned the photo but cannot attach it? It says "Sorry, the board attachment quota has been reached."

Found Online

Looks like a tri-color wheel hub.

Tri-Color Wheel Hub behind Older and Smith

n421nj
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by n421nj »

Very cool lookin
Andrew

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero X, Intel i7 8770K, Nvidia GTX 1080, 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3000 RAM, Corsair H90i liquid cooler.

All Accusim Aircraft
Accu-Feel, 3d Lights Redux

Downtown
Airman

Post by Downtown »

Charles Older also went to Law School after WWII he became a Judge and is probably more famous for Sentencing Charles Manson to death, the Death Sentence was changed to Life without the Possibility of Parole when California repealed the Death Penalty.

new reply

Return to “P-40 Warhawk / Tomahawk”