Navigating the Tomahawk

Honest, reliable, iconic American fighter
new reply
william thompson
Airman Basic

Navigating the Tomahawk

Post by william thompson »

Greetings All, I like to do low level cross-country flights, and I wonder if radio navigation is available with the Tomahawk - ADF - Nav 1,2 or GPS, - can anyone shed any light? Also, will the Tomahawk run in Prepar3D?

Thanks and best wishes, William

KINDLY DISREGARD THIS EMAIL, OR DELETE IT, THE ANSWER ABOUT THE NAVIGATION IS IN THE DOWNLOADABLE MANUAL - A VERY GOOD IDEA - AND I'M LEAVING P3D FOR THE TIME BEING. CHEERS, WT

n421nj
Chief Master Sergeant

Re: Navigating the Tomahawk

Post by n421nj »

You got a compass and a map that's it bud. Same as the p51 mil except only 1 Com channel on the p40. It does however has a transponder on the 2d radio panel so you if you fly with an online community you can enter the class bravo and squawk whatever code they give you. Otherwise strictly VFR.
Andrew

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero X, Intel i7 8770K, Nvidia GTX 1080, 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3000 RAM, Corsair H90i liquid cooler.

All Accusim Aircraft
Accu-Feel, 3d Lights Redux

dacamp66
Senior Airman

Post by dacamp66 »

I think there is an autopilot/ifr radio gauge (freeware) somewhere on the p-40 areas here.
found it: http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtop ... 78#p248244
Orville's law: when the altitude of the ground at your current location exceeds the altitude of your aircraft, you have most assuredly crashed.

Paughco
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Paughco »

I have found that if you turn your radio on in the P-40, then if you hit the [`] button (just above the tab button), your radio window comes on, just like in any default FSX aircraft. You can push the little number buttons to get Flight Following, nearest airports, etc. OK. Before you get on my case for this, I got one more thing: Climb up to 6,000 feet or so, then level out and get everything nice and steady. Hit the [z] button for cruise control!! Your wings stay level, and you maintain altitude! Not only that, but if you it the [z] again, you get a beeping, like the autopilot just turned off!

Sorry guys. It is what it is.

Seeya
ATB

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Yes, in the P-40 a number of the default auto pilot keys will still work as they can still be useful for some users, esp if you don't want to pause whilst you run to make a quick cuppa char! :lol:
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

n421nj
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by n421nj »

That's good to know. I'd rather hit z than pause every time I have to get up to take a leak or get a drink.
Andrew

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero X, Intel i7 8770K, Nvidia GTX 1080, 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3000 RAM, Corsair H90i liquid cooler.

All Accusim Aircraft

Piper_EEWL
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Piper_EEWL »

Does this also work for the J3 cub? I'm thinking of buying it but am afraid that I can't sit strait for 3h going from one airport to another :wink:
B377&COTS, J3 Cub, B-17G, Spitfire, P-40, P-51D, C172, C182, Pa28, Pa24, T-6 Texan, L-049&COTS, Bonanza V35B

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

The cub is actually a really stable aircraft anyway

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

robert41
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by robert41 »

Piper_EEWL wrote:Does this also work for the J3 cub? I'm thinking of buying it but am afraid that I can't sit strait for 3h going from one airport to another :wink:
The J3 is pretty stable. no need for an AP. Check back through the Cub posts, when it first came out. I believe FAC257 flew her around the world with some long hours at the stick.
My longest real time flight has been 13.5hrs. In another aircraft.

n421nj
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by n421nj »

The j3 is stable unless winds are being a jerk
Andrew

All Accusim Aircraft

new reply

Return to “P-40 Warhawk / Tomahawk”