Reversing propellers using FSUIPC

A place for technical help setting up your Stratocruiser with FSX
new reply
Raebo
Airman First Class

Reversing propellers using FSUIPC

Post by Raebo »

I recently installed the latest registered version of FSUIPC.
A few days later I decided to save an on route flight, when I reloaded this flight back up through FSUIPC, I noticed the stairs were now flying along side of me at flight level 220, lol.
I finished the flight with a nice landing, went to use the buttons I have always used for reversing the prop's which
have always worked just my throttle levers never actually went all the way into reverse, they would
just stutter in the neutral position, but never fully go into the reverse setting, I have just put up with this irritant for years.
This time however my throttles levers went all the way into reverse for the very first time, ( Hallelujah it was truly a miracle moment for me ) and I heard for the first time the engines working hard slowing the old girl down, what could have caused this? as I have not mapped anything into FSUIPC yet.
I would first like to find out why my stairs are flying along with me, but more importantly I really want my propeller reverse to work properly with my throttles going all the way into neutral, then actually moving into the full reverse position as they did this one and only time.
I have all the latest 377 updates as far as I know.
Can someone who has experience with getting the throttle reverse levers to actually move all the way into the reverse position explain how its mapped in FSUIPC I would be very grateful indeed.
Any thoughts on the flying stairs showing up after reloading saved flights through FSUIPC would be a bonus.
Thank you in advance for any assistance you can provide in order to solve these two problems.
Nvidia GTX - 980Ti Titan.

Seidon 240M liquid CPU cooler.

Intel i7-4770K, Asus Z87-pro.

Samsung- 840 EVO Sata III TLC SSD.

Trident X series 32GB (4x8)

Kingwin 1000- watt 80+ Bronze Power supply.

Asus - PB278 2560x1440 HDMI Monitor.

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: Reversing propellers using FSUIPC

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi.
This aircraft has a problem in that area , somtimes goes into full reverse then wont come out of reverse , other times throttles start to move into reverse , then start jittering , but props move into reverse , it has been reported several times , but i dont think they ever fully fixed it , just do a search for this problem on this forum .
regards alan. 8)

Tomas Linnet
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Tomas Linnet »

Scott send some of us a test fix a long time ago, but it was never released in an update. After the fix I didn't have any problems with the reverse
Kind Regards
Tomas

Sim: FSX SE
Accu-Sim aircraft in my hangar:
C172, C182, P51 Civ, P51 Mil, B17, Spitfire, P47, B377 COTS,
J3 Cub, T6, Connie, P-40, V35B
A2A Accu-Sim Avro Lancaster Loading:............0.000003% complete, please wait.

Raebo
Airman First Class

Post by Raebo »

Maybe someone from A2A could comment on the B-377 reverse prop issue.
Is there a factory authorized fix or work around?

If not would A2A consider offering one in the future?

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Yes for the next Accu-sim update it will be coming then. In the meantime a workaround is using the default f keys.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

ThomasAH
Airman First Class

Post by ThomasAH »

Lewis - A2A wrote:Yes for the next Accu-sim update it will be coming then. In the meantime a workaround is using the default f keys.
Great news, thank you! :)

Merry Christmas to all of you,
Thomas

Raebo
Airman First Class

Post by Raebo »

Thank you, that is such wonderful news.
Once this major issue is fixed, once and for all, along with a few minor tweaks I believe we will have reached Nirvana with the Strat. ( For Now )
I fly it everyday and am so thankful the avionics have been left to match the period.
I personally don't want GPS, or DME, Offer it as an add on no problem, knock yourselves out.
Im sure if there was any of these types still flying they would have an external GPS and updated Nav gear installed to fly within our modern day airspace.

If I could change anything.
1) I would like a way to turn off the crying baby.
2) The Captain says after landing, We are going back to the terminal, it makes it sound like we never left.
3) Heidi is way too cheeky for a professional environment, I would terminate her, and rehire someone with manners.
4) Heidi brings in scalding hot coffee poured right to the top of the cup, then treats the crew like five year olds, saying take a sip, it's very hot, A pro would never ever bring hot coffee filled to the brim onto a flight deck.
5) Heidi has way to many cheeky comments, We fly by the book, the crew needs to act professional at all times, "This is not a game, This is a simulation".
6) I would like a way to dim ( On a rheostat ) all gauges for night flying, ( Able to control gauge lights at all three stations separately ) possibly a night vision red option.
7) I feel it takes much to long to heat up and or cool down the aircraft prior to loading, if one starts loading to quickly Heidi is on you like white on rice, with more cheeky insults.
8) Not sure it was even available back in the day, I would find it most helpful if there could be a warning beep, or ringtone when flying over a VOR, this way I know when to start my turn to the new heading without having to bring up the map all the time, also when the aircraft is flying VOR to VOR on AP, it would be nice to get this warning chim just prior to the aircraft turning to its new heading so one can provide the appropriate manual rudder inputs.

It's my opinion that the A2A Boeing 377 is this companies flagship.
It to me represents what A2A was all about when It first started, I mean who in their right mind would
start a flight simulator company with a Boeing 377 Stratocruiser?
I mean looking back that took some real guts, ( I thank the good lord everyday that they did, life without this wonderful aircraft would be much less enjoyable for many of us)
That's why I so admire the spirit of this company, it had a vision and seems determined to never ever
compromise on their original vision.
The Stratocruiser should never ever be forgotten, it should always be kept as up to date and as technologically current as possible, a showcase if you will to A2A's ongoing ingenuity, an ongoing respect to the aircraft that started it all.

I'm sure I have missed some items that other users would like to see implemented in a future update.
Best to speak up now, rather than after the fact.

new reply

Return to “Boeing 377 Tech Support”