Frustrating control problems

A place for technical help setting up your Stratocruiser with FSX
new reply
cw5301
Airman Basic

Frustrating control problems

Post by cw5301 »

Hi:

I'm very impressed with the appearance and the attention to detail of the 377 but have continuously had weird control problems.

The problems are not with flight controls but with systems, and appear somewhat random.

For example, today the #4 mixture control would not move. The other three move and set fine. I tried recording a video to show the problem and after I recorded a video (which didn't work the way I intended), the #4 mixture works fine but now the cowl flaps wont move.

This is an example... there have been continuous gremlins in controlling the systems of the 377 since I installed it. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling - same behavior. No other FSX aircraft exhibit the same random bugs.

Also, I don't know whether this is a bug or just a byproduct of the other problems, but the aircraft does not make rated performance. It will barely fly and sometimes seems to substantially lose power even though all engine instruments look fine. (Sort of like the real 377 and all other 4360-powered aircraft... maybe that's deliberate??)

Any ideas what to look for?

cw5301
Airman Basic

Re: Frustrating control problems

Post by cw5301 »

Lots of experimentation has caused the strange glitches to at least move around. I continue to randomly experience the "stuck cowl flaps" problem but now the biggest issue is the radios are all locked up. It is impossible to change any frequencies or radio settings (other than selecting audio, which works) from the 377 cockpit. It is possible to change frequencies by opening the radio "popup", but CDI/RMI needles/knobs still dont work, nor does autopilot heading select.

I've been looking for the supposed ".dat" files to delete, but I don't seem to have any. There is no WINDOWS\DOCUMENTS\A2A\ folder, nor is there an A2A folder in "My Documents", or anywhere else in my profile. No .dat files apparently associated with the 377 anywhere. This may be because I am using the straight 377, not COTS. If I could get all the systems to work reliably in the basic 377, I'd install COTS... but it seems like I might just be inviting more problems.

Jacques
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Jacques »

I can't help you with this, but maybe someone could jump in if you mentioned whether your platform is FSX or P3D, whether you are using hardware controllers for cowl flaps, etc and if you have FSUIPC installed and if it is a full-registered version.

Given that information someone can probably begin making suggestions. Sorry I can't really help you more.

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi.
First things first.
1/ is your FSX updated with acceleration or sp1 and 2 , these are the min requirements.
2/ are you running FSX as admin with full rights.
3/ is your anti virus set to ignor anything related with the sim.
4/ did you let the aircraft fully configure its self prior to trying to start the engines.
5/ the navigation/radios not responding , sounds like the avionic master switch is turned off , this is behind the navigators seat , on backwall.
regards alan. 8)

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Also with control issues such as you describe first thing to try would be to run just mouse and keyboard, disable all software related to any of you controls including FSUIPC and see if the issue is in fact a simple control and or mapping issue.
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

new reply

Return to “Boeing 377 Tech Support”