A strange engine shut-down problem

A place for technical help setting up your Stratocruiser with FSX
new reply
daniel_prates
Airman

A strange engine shut-down problem

Post by daniel_prates »

Hi All,

So... just bought the 377 COTS FSX and I am having this very weird problem. I will run it by you in case this is a known issue.

Firstly, I fly the 049 constellation COTS for some time now so I already know some wrong places to avoid. For instance, the realism settings are all double-checked. I am pretty sure this is not due to me not understanding how to operate the engine or other common mistakes, its more likely ans installation issue, a misplaced file in some folder or something.

Here it is: engine number one (and n. 1 alone) turns off as soon as I start a flight. At the start it will work for a mili-second, but will instantly shut off, as if the fuel was cut off somehow (gauges don't show that though). It makes no difference to have FE on or off. I can't also start it again, though it does not affect the other 3 engines. I simply can't start it, even with the FE auto-start. In fact, with auto-start no engines can be started, since the FE begins with n. 1 and, since it does not start, he won't move on to the other engines.

What makes me think this is a tech issue is that there is no such problem with the pregnant guppy, only with the actual stratocruiser!

Another strange thing. Installing 377 + COTS messed up my connie a little bit. Engines shut down during flight for no apparent reason (again, no mismanagement from my part). When I uninstalled the 377, the connie went back to working fine as before.

Now I know that the 377 + COTS installation is a bit touchy. The first time I installed it wrong (COTS fisrt, then the main 377), and it caused strange issues, like no engine sounds for instance. Since then I uninstalled and re-installed it correctly, even opting once for the 'acceleration' install and then the 'SP2' install (I have Steam Edition), but nothing worked: engine n.1 is dead in all scenarios.

Does anybody know what I should do?

PS(edit): I am aware of several discussions about the correct installation order, with service packs, patches etc. I am kinda in the impression that since I just bought this (july/17), my version came all patched up, so I haven't tried that. If any of you think this may be an issue with lack of patches, updates or alike, please inform me and direct me to a link with an explanation for the proper way to install this game!

Tug002
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: A strange engine shut-down problem

Post by Tug002 »

Hello Daniel, the proper installation order is 377 then COTS which I think that you already did. You also have to do an update on the aircraft as it does not matter when you by it the update still has to be done to correct any issues the aircraft had after release. The following link will take you to the download for the update which will update all A2A aircraft at the same time. I have both aircraft and have never had this problem but since the last update I can only fly the Connie when FSX is started as an administrator :?

http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtop ... 23&t=57819

Hope this helps you out

Keep smiling
Tug :)

daniel_prates
Airman

Post by daniel_prates »

Ok, I'll sure try!

Just one thing: only the update? I read elsewhere in this forum lists of 4 or 5 different installation files! Do you mean that in my case (recently bought, FSX Steam Edition), only the two installs + update and that's it?

Tug002
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Tug002 »

daniel_prates wrote:Ok, I'll sure try!

Just one thing: only the update? I read elsewhere in this forum lists of 4 or 5 different installation files! Do you mean that in my case (recently bought, FSX Steam Edition), only the two installs + update and that's it?
I only have FSX and do not know anything about Steam. If there is anything you need for it hopefully someone with Steam will add to this.

Keep smiling

daniel_prates
Airman

Post by daniel_prates »

Understood. Actually what I meant is, elsewhere in the forum, more complex methods of installation are suggested. Check this one for instance ...

https://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewto ... 80&t=57020

... where no less than five or six steps are suggested. What I don't get is wether my situation is different from the one reported on the link above, or if the situation is the same. An accu-sim package is also mentioned, furthering my doubt about me needing it too!

Jacques
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Jacques »

That was for the COTS update for the original 377. Since you bought yours recently, those steps don't apply. Tug lined you up correctly.

AviationAtWar
Technical Sergeant

Post by AviationAtWar »

Daniel,

You don't have auto mixture turned on in FSX do you?

daniel_prates
Airman

Post by daniel_prates »

Ok Tug, I installed the update and that did it for me. Thanks!

Tug002
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Tug002 »

daniel_prates wrote:Ok Tug, I installed the update and that did it for me. Thanks!
:D That is great :D . Happy flying. Everyone here is always happy to help out as I have found on many occasions when I have had trouble.

Keep smiling

new reply

Return to “Boeing 377 Tech Support”