General Aviation Help - Write your representatives

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
Scott - A2A
A2A General

General Aviation Help - Write your representatives

Post by Scott - A2A »

First, this is VERY EASY and can be done in about 2 minutes but is critical for everyone who loves aviation.

First I don't want this to become a political bashing thread, but basically for our voices to be heard. The US is turning over ATC control over to the airlines and special interests, and while this may bring big improvements for airliners, it could have disastrous consequences to private pilots who fly GA.

All I am asking is everyone write their local representatives an email, not needing to get into any details, but to simply state that we need to protect private pilots and general aviation.

You can find your local representatives here:
http://www.house.gov/representatives/find/

Just enter your zip code and your representative will pop up. You can send an email directly from here, but they ask for your phone, address, etc. which I don't recommend. I just google the rep and find the direct email this way. Just send an email saying something along the lines of "Please, vote to protect private pilots and general aviation from the new ATC privatization initiatives. It's the heart of the aviation industry and needs to be protected, and not subjected to price increases."

More information here (can send them this link too):
https://www.aopa.org/news-and-media/all ... vatization

For whatever it's worth, this is what I sent to my local rep:

Hi,

Please see this link:
https://www.aopa.org/news-and-media/all ... vatization

It explains how small private pilots and general aviation could become badly hurt from these new regulations. Please stand up for the freedom loving, small entrepreneurial pilots. They have taken a beating over the years and have seen their industry shrink for decades. General Aviation can’t take much more cost or it risks extinction. We need to protect these pilots, as they represent the heart of aviation.

Best regards,
Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

jeepinforfun
Technical Sergeant

Re: General Aviation Help - Write your representatives

Post by jeepinforfun »

Thanks Scott, happy to help and email sent. :)
Take care, Brett

SWLights/AccuFeel/Cub/Mustang/Skyhawk/Cherokee/Skylane/Comanche/Thunderbolt/Spitfire/FlyingFortress/Stratocruiser

Dogsbody55
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Dogsbody55 »

This is very concerning for all those in the GA field and all those wanting to get a start in it. The most concerning thing is that once adopted in the US, other countries will follow. I hope this gets all the resistance it deserves as it's largely a push by self interest taking advantage of governments today which are only too keen to find any way to reduce their costs regardless of the consequences.

Mike
ImageImageImageImage

Killratio
A2A Spitfire Crew Chief
Location: The South West of the large island off the north coast of Tasmania

Post by Killratio »

This is truly concerning!!

I am lucky enough to live in a part of the world where it is not hard at all to stay 100 miles away, literally, from controlled airspace. But if the airlines get control of ATC you will rapidly see IFR requirements introduced to enter any controlled airspace. Even then, "Aircraft Type" on a flightplan will likely become the sole determiner of whether a Clearance is issued or not. "Sorry, too busy right now, Airline traffic takes precedence!" "Please steer 135 for your 200 mile detour"

If you are in the US, please take the time to show your opposition!

Darryl
<Sent from my 1988 Sony Walkman with Dolby Noise Reduction and 24" earphone cord extension>

mattgn
A2A Mechanic

Post by mattgn »

I agree with Amanda, in that it's a house of cards really. I can only imagine that the UK, and no doubt a lot of other controlled airspace around the world would quickly follow suit if the new "proposed" system for the US was found to be financially "beneficial" to the large corporations.
Me? Cynical of The Man?

Pfft, never.
"Poets have been mysteriously silent on the subject of cheese"
- G.K. Chesterton.

i7 2600K, 8GB Vengeance RAM, Asus P67, GTX 580.

Killratio
A2A Spitfire Crew Chief
Location: The South West of the large island off the north coast of Tasmania

Post by Killratio »

mattgn wrote:I agree with Amanda, in that it's a house of cards really.

Cheers Jessica!
<Sent from my 1988 Sony Walkman with Dolby Noise Reduction and 24" earphone cord extension>

Hobart Escin

Post by Hobart Escin »

If this thing passes the House and Senate, I'm pretty sure Air Force One will begin to experience it's first ever amended clearances, extended holding to land, etc. Bite the hand that guides you...

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”