B377 engine starting problem

A place for technical help setting up your Stratocruiser with FSX
dbw
Airman

Post by dbw »

I run P3dV3.35. Win10-64. MSI GT72 laptop...I7-6820, nvidia 980m 4gigs, 24 gigs ram....a well equipped machine and when at home I have it plugged into a Dell 34" curved monitor. It runs P3d great. I just bought this machine earlier this year and have been slowly rebuilding P3d from scratch.

I bought the B377, then Accusim then the COTs upgrade some time ago. i have re-downloaded the latest versions.

When the COTs upgrade is installed I can no longer start engines. I have done several complete re-installs and the same. All is fine when I start up P3d the engines are running and continue to run. However with the addition of the COTs upgrade package the sim starts up with the B377 engines running. They run for a few seconds then die. They then can not be restarted. I have looked in the forums, manual and online and found no solutions. So I am stumped. Do I need to repurchase one or all three downloads? Also, in P3d several items are missing such as most needles on the engineer panel gauges. I'm interested in the experiences of others running this in P3d....thanks.

If anyone can help it would be most appreciated.

Dave

Jacques
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Jacques »

Did you re-dowload the latest versions from A2A, in which case it would be two files?

If so, after you installed the two files did you then install the update for all accu-sim aircraft dated 5-9-16? It is located in the sticky section at the top of this forum.

If you re-downloaded the files for the earlier COTS version (it is the same, the packaging is just more cumbersome) then you should have four files: the base 377, accu-sim for the 377, the 377SP1 update ,and finally the COTS upgrade. Then you would need to install the 5-9-16 update to this as well.

You should also ensure you have P3D setup correctly for A2A accusim aircraft. Specifically that auto mixture is de-selected in realism settings.

dbw
Airman

Re: B377 engine starting problem

Post by dbw »

Thanks for the info. Question....where do I find the B377sp1?
Many thanks,
Dave

Jacques
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Jacques »

I see you're just posting in other threads asking for the same file so, heres the file inside a folder, I'm deleting the link after 1700 Pacific time. Good luck.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/hoq02y4h92v0 ... qTFFa?dl=0

dbw
Airman

Post by dbw »

Got it downloaded. Thank you very much. Looking forward to flying this once again. In the rw I spent some flying round engines on the CL215 (r2800). Love the sound. installing everything now.
All the best,
Dave

Jacques
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Jacques »

No problem, Dave. Let everyone know how it works out. :D

dbw
Airman

Post by dbw »

Greetings,

Installation procedure followed as per another post copied and pasted under the line below......

---------------------------

Complicated process, for sure. Just above your post in the "stickies" is a post by Scott laying out the exact procedure for those of us who have the "vintage" version and those who have the newer, simpler two package process. You can always refer back to that post if you get lost! Anyway, here is the sequence for your set of files:

1. 377 Stratocruiser

2. 377 Accusim package

3. SP 1

4. COTS Upgrade package

5. All-in-one upgrade dated 5-9-2016 (also in the sticky section)

Install in that order and you should be fine.

If you purchased from A2A you could log in to your account and re-download the current 377 base package and the current COTS Full Version. Then you just have the two packages to install followed by the 5-9-2016 update. Much easier, but it only works if you purchased from A2A (or if the store you originally purchased from will let you download the current 377 and COTS Full Version.

Either way works fine, just the "vintage" one takes a bit longer! :D

------------------------------------------

Hi,

Everything is fine through the first 3 steps. Aircraft runs great.

Step 4 installing the COTS and the problem of the engines quitting after a few seconds is now present.

Step 5 makes no difference.

Aircraft runs great with the Accusim installed. Problem only rears its head after installation of the COTS.

My order page shows the earlier downloads and not the newer all inclusive ones. How do I go about obtaining the latest so there are only 2 files plus the update?

Many thanks for your time. your efforts are appreciated.

Dave

Jacques
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Jacques »

Dave, you are running P3D? Under realism settings did you make sure to de-select auto-mixture. And, undestand that if you are running this in P3D, the product isn't supported as it wasn't designed for P3D. Check that your automisture is de-selected.

Just to be clear, the older packages work fine, just more steps. I re-installed mine fine earlier this year.

dbw
Airman

Post by dbw »

Auto-mixture is de-selected.
The B377 runs fine with the base package, accusim and the sp1 installed.
I can fly it this way fine. I've got some round engine time. I'd forgotten how much fun this vintage of aircraft could be....what a breath of fresh air after all the automated turbine stuff. Just thought the COTS would be fun. Wish I could figure it out. Also, I wanted to give this a good try before buying the Connie.
Thanks again,
Dave

dbw
Airman

Post by dbw »

I have the earliest downloads and my order page when I access my account still only permits access to these.

How does one go about obtaining the latest, newest downloads for the B377, Accusim & COTS. As I understand it everything is now 2 downloads. I am unable to get the engines to start after installing the COTS upgrade package and patches/updates. I have spent hours messing with this and no success. I sure would like to try with the latest packages available.

Thanks,

Dave

Jacques
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Jacques »

Dave, I apologize as I was quite obviously wrong about this.

Regardless, the 377 works fine with the older setup, just make sure you follow the correct order of install and follow it all up with the latest update.

If you are having problems, post what you are experiencing and what actions you have taken. Detail is important, so don't worry about writing too much.

There are lots of people here to help you out.

dbw
Airman

Post by dbw »

Thanks for the reply, Jacques. I've gone about as far as I can go within my abilities trying to sort this out.

I did pm Lewis about this initially and attached a copy of my purchase to prove I did indeed purchase from A2A (many years ago). He referred me to the forum. I really wanted to check out the B377 again before purchasing the Connie. I will probably bite the bullet & buy today anyway and hope all works as it should.

I'm quite enjoying the B377 flying it without COTS. Probably mentioned somewhere I have some real world time on the R2800 on the CL215. Love the sound and the engine handling. I'd love to have a look in the real aircraft of both the B377 and the Connie. Sorry I missed your sale as I would liked to try out one of your single engine aircraft.

Well, wish me luck with the Connie.

Dave

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Sorry Dave the 377 as it stands at the date of this post is only available as an FSX product, we don't support and cannot say it will work in P3D.

Our P3D Products are here on the store;
https://a2asimulations.com/store/index. ... cefddfcdbc

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

dbw
Airman

Post by dbw »

I'll consider myself appropriately chastised.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Just wanted it duly noted Dave, as unfortunately any issues for anyone simply might not be fixible to due the product being for the different platform.
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

new reply

Return to “Boeing 377 Tech Support”