B377 Install issues

A place for technical help setting up your Stratocruiser with FSX
new reply
TheGreatAviator
Airman Basic

B377 Install issues

Post by TheGreatAviator »

When installing the A2A b377 into P3D V3 I get an error saying "Either Microsoft FSX was not found or there is file corruption found in your FSX directory...." can you help me please?

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: B377 Install issues

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi .
The B377 is not made for P3D but is a native FSX aircraft , i have seen posts that say it works very well in P3D , but you have to do something before you install it , to kid it into thinking its in FSX.
If you search on this forum you should find the info needed to install it.
regards alan. 8)

Mazo
Technical Sergeant

Post by Mazo »

If you still have FSX installed, copy the FSX.exe and paste it into the main P3D folder. If no FSX installed, make a copy of the P3D.exe and rename it FSX.exe. The installer is looking for FSX so this "fools" it.

When the installer states that it can't find a valid FSX installation, from that screen, find your P3D installation folder and double click on it and then click on "OK" and it should then install into P3D.

I have used this to install the non-native P3D A2A aircraft into my P3DV3.4 installation. No need for any migration tool or registry hacks, as some folks may tell you. Very simple and it works.
[*]2021 Jetline Systems GTX, [email protected], EVGA RTX 3080ti 12GB, 64GB Memory 3200MHz, Win11 64 Pro, P3DV5.3, FS2020

In memory of my fallen Brothers in Arms in Viet Nam - may they Rest in Peace.

TheGreatAviator
Airman Basic

Post by TheGreatAviator »

I tried that method it didn't work... do you have any other ideas?

new reply

Return to “Boeing 377 Tech Support”