Can't Start the Engines

A place for technical help setting up your Stratocruiser with FSX
new reply
sirbruchie
Airman

Can't Start the Engines

Post by sirbruchie »

I recently switched from FSX + Acceleration to FSX - SE. I reinstalled everything but now I am having some issues with getting things to work. I took the following steps.

1 Installed the B377 (original package)
2 Installed Accusim
3 Ran Accusim Update
4 Installed the B377 SP1
5 Installed the COS B377
6 Re-Ran Accusim Update

The following things happen.

1. When I load FSX and switch to the B377 I get the trumpet playing like I died or something...is that normal?
2. I can't get the engines started. I let the FE get everything ready, then I select #3, crack the throttle, set the mixture, prime, start, boost and the mags...but it will never start. However, if I select auto start the it comes to life.
3. When I select Engine 3 throttle #4 moves, when I select Engine 4 throttle 3 moves.

Should I un-install and try again from scratch? Is there other things I need to do besides run the uninstall from the control panel to complete remove it before I restart? Any advise is greatly appreciated.

Jacques
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: Can't Start the Engines

Post by Jacques »

Hi Sirbruchie,

Complicated process, for sure. Just above your post in the "stickies" is a post by Scott laying out the exact procedure for those of us who have the "vintage" version and those who have the newer, simpler two package process. You can always refer back to that post if you get lost! Anyway, here is the sequence for your set of files:

1. 377 Stratocruiser

2. 377 Accusim package

3. SP 1

4. COTS Upgrade package

5. All-in-one upgrade dated 5-9-2016 (also in the sticky section)

Install in that order and you should be fine.

If you purchased from A2A you could log in to your account and re-download the current 377 base package and the current COTS Full Version. Then you just have the two packages to install followed by the 5-9-2016 update. Much easier, but it only works if you purchased from A2A (or if the store you originally purchased from will let you download the current 377 and COTS Full Version.

Either way works fine, just the "vintage" one takes a bit longer! :D

sirbruchie
Airman

Post by sirbruchie »

Thanks...I deleted everything and started from scratch with the steps you listed. It seems things are working now.

dbw
Airman

Post by dbw »

Hi,

Where do you find the B377 sp1?

Thanks,

Dave

new reply

Return to “Boeing 377 Tech Support”