377 engine sound issue

A place for technical help setting up your Stratocruiser with FSX
new reply
KotatehFox
Senior Airman

377 engine sound issue

Post by KotatehFox »

no engine sound on the 377, i have cots and steam edition, it worked before just fine but all of a sudden it has stopped, other a2a aircraft work just fine as well as other aircraft from other makers...its just this one, i hear the wind hitting the props, passengers loading..stuff like that but..just the engines, thats all i dont hear...the rumbple of the engines is missing, its a fresh install too! i re installed it and updated, sorry this inst making much sense, i have had coffee! too much coffee
ImageImage
ImageImageImage

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: 377 engine sound issue

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

when you updated for the second time did you first delete the update folder?

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

KotatehFox
Senior Airman

Post by KotatehFox »

i re installed and re updated because the sound wasent working, and last time i used her it was working just fine. i think you were the one that sent the file to me too lol..i was gonna use her with air hauler 2 and i realized there was no sound..also, does anyone know how i should set her up in ah for the most real numbers to the real thing? i know she had first, second and economy im sure...
ImageImage
ImageImageImage

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

What I mean is did you delete the update folder, otherwise the aircraft wont update.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

KotatehFox
Senior Airman

Post by KotatehFox »

no...even then it should still update if you do a fresh install shouldent it? but it didnt even need to update anyway, said it was up to date..i never touched any of the folders for any of the a2a aircraft so..
ImageImage
ImageImageImage

KotatehFox
Senior Airman

Post by KotatehFox »

so i did some digging, i have nothing in my sound folder for the 377...this is unusual because everything was working fine and as far as im aware everything is green light on my pc, disabling antivirus didnt work, ive tried re installing again to see if it works..i got nothing...ive got one last thing to try before im out of ideas
ImageImage
ImageImageImage

KotatehFox
Senior Airman

Post by KotatehFox »

and im at a standstill..i have no idea where to go from here
ImageImage
ImageImageImage

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi.
What lewis is trying to tell you , is a new install does not allow any updates as the OLD update file is still there from the previous install , this is why you need to manually delete the update folder before you can rerun the updater , to complete the install/update.
Also if no sound files present from reinstall , is it fully installing in the first place , and are you letting it do a default install , or are you telling it where to go ,as it should be allowed to find the correct install path without directions from you.
Regards alan. 8)

KotatehFox
Senior Airman

Post by KotatehFox »

im using steam edition, it couldent find it..its an installer i got from lewis...i even went and tried to install it into the boxed fsx directory, still no sound files, i did delete the update folder, that was one of the things i tried last night, ive tried everything i can think of
ImageImage
ImageImageImage

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi.
I have fsx + acceleration , but as far as i am aware , FSX SE is more or less the same as FSX + acceleration , i am surprised it cannot find the install path , as the installer checks whats installed , prior to installing , is your downloaded file of the b377 ok , or as it been corrupted , and on the install was it a complete freash install , I.E. was any files left behand , that you might have forgotten to manually uninstall , before you reinstalled again.
Also is your b377 original download file recent or is it the old version prior to cots , mine was the recent file , where i just downloaded the b377 + cots ,then i installed in that order then ran updater , i believe earlier versions had more files to install in a certain order.
regards alan. 8)

KotatehFox
Senior Airman

Post by KotatehFox »

everything worked fine when i first got the addon earlier this year, i loaded it u pp and like magic they were gone, i really have no idea what happened to cause this the installer is fine as i have two seperate ones, they are from the same link, i re downloaded it to check if it was the installer..as far as leftover files, there werent any to my knowledge...i think i would be alright if i just had all the sound files, everything else seemed to be in place lol
ImageImage
ImageImageImage

KotatehFox
Senior Airman

Post by KotatehFox »

i decided to see what would happen if i installed it into a false directory...er well its some leftovers from the boxed edition before i removed it, but i get a folder with zipped files with audio in the name? it goes to my desktop and confuses me a bit..anyway i am out of options as i have tried everything i know of to do, antivirus disabling included..
i have litterally been up all night trying to figure this out...
ImageImage
ImageImageImage

Molly - A2A
A2A Major

Post by Molly - A2A »

Did you run both installer files? You have to run the cots b377 "v2 full" file *second* after the first one.

KotatehFox
Senior Airman

Post by KotatehFox »

lewis gave me an installer cause im on the steam edition, he told me to use that and it was working fine till recently, i got the sound files but thats only because i used a different installer for it..i used the original ones i had, they didnt work well with steam so i rigged up a false directory for it and got them like that
ImageImage
ImageImageImage

new reply

Return to “Boeing 377 Tech Support”