engine life condition posible bug

A place for technical help setting up your Stratocruiser with FSX
new reply
alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

engine life condition posible bug

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi.
Today i started a flight from YSSY/NFFN due to cabin heating failure , 90nm into flight , i returned to YSSY.
the engine condiotions was good for engs 1,2,4 eng 3 was excellent , now once landed and aircraft emptied i tried cold dark setting to try and get heating fault to repair and start flight again , could not get the flight restarted , tried damage off then on to see if i could get the flight reset that way , it did not , so ended flight and reset everything up again , its then i notice the airframe/engine life hrs was the same , but now i had all engines in excellent condition , very ODD .
regards alan. 8)

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: engine life condition posible bug

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi.
Update , i have the damage set to on , yet after 3 very long flights the engines are still showing excellent , the condition of these should by now have gone from excellent to good at the very least , going by previous flights , anyone got any clues as to how to get the engines ware rate back to normal for this aircraft.
regards alan. 8)

Jacques
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Jacques »

Hey Alan, have you considered that maybe you are getting better at handling the engines? I've had them vacilate on the edge of good and excellent as you described in a previous post. I don't know if that is a bug or if they are just on the edge.

TreeTops
Master Sergeant

Post by TreeTops »

You've got good engines. Put a couple of thousand hours on them before anyone finds out. :)
Cheers
Trev

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi.
Maybe i should have explained myself a bit more clearly , on the shift + 3 page you have six options under controls ,now the one in question is for damage to engines to be recorded , should it be as i have selected damage on , or should it read damage off as its a toggle is it saying hit me for damgae on when it shows damage on , as i cannot remember how it was , before i accidently operated this button , as its not that clear in the manuals which should be showing to record damage.
regards alan. 8)

Jacques
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Jacques »

In your case, you want damage "on", to ensure the engines sustain wear over time ( and damage over time).

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi.
Today i tried an experiment on the guppy , cycled the damage button from damage on/off/on , then with all showing excellent , i overhauled the two outboards , then did a circuit of the boeing field , and used reverse a few times on landing coupled with rapid throttle movement , to deliberatly damage the engines , both number1 and 2 caught fire , and had to be shut down ,and fire extinguished , engines now repaired , but by cycling that damage on button , you seem to extend the life of the engines more than you should be able to , so i now know for certain the button is in the correct selection , will be interesting to see just how far i can get the pax engines to go , before they deteriorate , after i accidently cycled that switch a few flights ago.
regards alan. 8)

new reply

Return to “Boeing 377 Tech Support”