why did cabin crew serve dinner during approach/landing

A place for technical help setting up your Stratocruiser with FSX
new reply
alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

why did cabin crew serve dinner during approach/landing

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi.
i have just finished a long flight from KSEA/PHNL , i had seatbelt/no smoking signs on , landing lights on , i was starting my decent and approach for either runway 04R or 08L , as the atis was 060/9 10nm vis few clouds at 3700 broken clouds at 4300 3007 alt setting, so i already had these runway ils freq pre tuned , so only a flick of switch ,to which ever runway i elected to use , decided to go for runway 04L , but needed a wide swing to allow my alt to get to 2700 for the ils entry, then desided to get my last atis reading before final turn , shock horror , ASN was now giveing atis of 080/9 4nm vis few clouds at 3700 broken clouds at 4300 3009 alt setting and heavy rain, so i reset the alts and levelled up at 3000 for runway 08L ils beam entry , this delay in getting down , and flaps was now at 25 , and encounted rain and severe turbulance , WHY DID THE CREW serve dinner at this critical time of flight , just as i started turning finals , and lowering the gear , and flaps further , also due turbulance i had to fly this manually .
Because of this i was expecting my career to be slated badly , thankfully it was not .
regards alan. 8)

Tug002
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: why did cabin crew serve dinner during approach/landing

Post by Tug002 »

Hey there alan CXA651. I have had this happen to me also and I find that it is all based on time related to meals. If it is time to eat, the meal is served regardless of what else is going on. Just what I have observed.

Keep smiling
Tug :)

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi Tug.
What i thought might have happened , when they started meal prep , was once flaps lowered for landing they would cancel meal , this did not happen , i have since been informed as you suspected it is based on time alone , but what you do apparently is cancel the meal via shift 3 . this was the first flight i did , where landing coincided with a meal .
regards alan. 8)

Tug002
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Tug002 »

Thanks for the F3 tip Alan. It beats flying around in circles waiting for them to finish eating :lol:

Keep smiling
Tug :)

new reply

Return to “Boeing 377 Tech Support”