compass repeater needle

A place for technical help setting up your Stratocruiser with FSX
new reply
alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

compass repeater needle

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi.
Since my fsx crash yesterday , the b377 as given a problem of initiating correctly this morning , i ended up rebooting fsx 3 times before the slew command worked correctly to move the b377 from runway 28 at PWAK , once i had it parked correctly away from fuel station and active runway , i hit the cold dark .
I set my compass repeater twin bars to my course hdg to get me to japan , then noticed as i started to taxi , that the single needle is not moveing , i am climbing to cruise at this time , the map and compass show me on correct heading , but the compass repeater is stuck on a heading of 160 , act heading is 302.
Is this one of the many faults that cots can throw at you , or is there something amiss , since yesterdays fsx crash.
Regards alan. 8)
EDIT:- looks like the NAVIGATORS compass was not initialised correctly on cold dark found it way off , tried resetting and found the aircraft started to turn on the auto pilot , and had to rectify course , repeater needle now closer to what it should be but still not correct , but that does apear to be the cause. :?:

n421nj
Chief Master Sergeant

Re: compass repeater needle

Post by n421nj »

Does hitting the D key do anything?
Andrew

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero X, Intel i7 8770K, Nvidia GTX 1080, 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3000 RAM, Corsair H90i liquid cooler.

All Accusim Aircraft
Accu-Feel, 3d Lights Redux

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: compass repeater needle

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi Andrew.
The following day everything was back to normal , but the fsx crash did stop the aircraft initializing correctly on that day , just a glitch thankfully , dont know about the D key , never tried it.
regards alan. 8)

new reply

Return to “Boeing 377 Tech Support”