no cabin heat control in guppy

A place for technical help setting up your Stratocruiser with FSX
new reply
alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

no cabin heat control in guppy

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi.
Dont know if this is an error or bad install .
I have a message saying cabin is freezing , on engineering panel i have under the airconditioning section just a master on/off switch , and a temp gauge for the control cab , but the way the panel is it appears as though i should have two more switchs under body heat and ground blower , rest of gauges and switches appear to be deliberatly blanked off (I.E. pax only version).
Also is it possible to have a career mode on the guppy as in the pax version on some future update please , based on landings/fuel efficiancy/engine management as an example.
regards alan. 8)

Tug002
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: no cabin heat control in guppy

Post by Tug002 »

I have wondered about the cabin heat issue myself. Hopefully someone will answer you post so we both will understand what is up with that.

Keep smiling
Tug :)

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi Tug.
Thankyou for confirming i am not alone with this issue,at least i now know my install of this aircraft is not corrupt , but that this issue on cabin heat is a fault with the aircraft , that may or may not be rectified on the release of the connie , in the meantime once this present flight i am doing is finished , i will have a look at the panel cfg files , and compare the guppy/pax with each other , i think i know what is needed , its weather its been modelled or not.
Regards alan. 8)

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi.
Just looked at the panel.cfg , the way its done , there is no way i can see anything obvious , so to rectify this problem , it may not be a simple fix , can only hope its one of the things to fix once connie is released.
regards alan. 8)

TreeTops
Master Sergeant

Post by TreeTops »

Yes, this issue has been there for a long time. Just have to wear really warm clothing.
Cheers
Trev

AviationAtWar
Technical Sergeant

Post by AviationAtWar »

I assumed that the Guppy was stripped of it's heating equipment to save space and weight.

Tug002
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Tug002 »

I do remember reading somewhere that they did strip down the aircraft for weight reductions as mentioned above as well as the removal of the turbo chargers and other unnecessary equipment that wasn't needed for what the aircraft was going to be used for but I am still confused as the switch for the cockpit heat is there but there is still no heat. I am still hoping that someone out there will shed some light on this subject :?

Keep smiling

Pistonpilot
Technical Sergeant

Post by Pistonpilot »

Tug002 wrote:I do remember reading somewhere that they did strip down the aircraft for weight reductions as mentioned above as well as the removal of the turbo chargers and other unnecessary equipment that wasn't needed for what the aircraft was going to be used for but I am still confused as the switch for the cockpit heat is there but there is still no heat. I am still hoping that someone out there will shed some light on this subject :?

Keep smiling
Though I do not know the real answer to this quandry re: the Guppy, as someone who routinely pilots another old Boeing that has seen multiple iterations of Boeing-licensed upgrades and modifications, I can assure you that they are not above removing a system entirely and yet leaving behind a random (sometimes unlabeled) switch for pilots to puzzle over. ;-)

-Ian C

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

DWC Alumni. Commercial Instrument Single/Multi-Engine Land. [Former] Police, Fire, & 9-1-1 Dispatcher. [Former] MAINEiac Crew Chief.

new reply

Return to “Boeing 377 Tech Support”