thrust reverser problem

A place for technical help setting up your Stratocruiser with FSX
new reply
alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

thrust reverser problem

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi.
I have been trying to get my controls set up under the A2A configurator and FSUIPC , although i can get my throttle levers moving the full range , and try as i might , i cannot get the thrust levers to stay in reverse on the ground , so i took the guppy up to about 5000ft , and because the throttles are in FSUIPC , they can still move the full range , but if i do , the thrust reverser stays in reverse , all be it at the cut off position , only way to get it out of reverse , is by applying the park brake in flight , to get the throttles to go from cut off to full fwd.
This sort of test would not normally be done , but i decided to see what would happen , and i was surprised it did this trick.
This leads me to think the weight on wheels logic for the thrust reverser , may be the wrong way around , i have only tried this on the guppy sofar.

https://www.twitch.tv/cxa651/v/98460117

regards alan. 8)

flapman
Staff Sergeant

Re: thrust reverser problem

Post by flapman »

I've always had the same problem as you. I've just tried it in the sim, and my solution still works.

I have a Saitek throttle quadrant, and I bind the below idle detent (FSX views it as a button press) as "Throttle Reduce." The sim views this the same as if I had held F2 on my keyboard. This solution works for every aircraft except the A2A Stratocruiser. To select reverse pitch on this aircraft, I have to hold down the actual F2 key on my keyboard. When I am finished with reverse pitch, I have to hold F3 until the throttles drop down back into the normal range, and regular engine control is restored. On other aircraft, this process can be completed by pressing F1, or by moving my hardware throttle a little bit.

Using the keyboard F2 method, I cannot select reverse pitch in flight. If I try to use my hardware as you have described, I have the same problem as you.

In your stream, be aware of the propeller reverse flag, and it's position when on the ground or in the air. On the ground it displays UNLOCKED, and in the air it shows LOCKED.

Also in your airborne tests, you had the propeller lever set to less than full forward, just something to keep in mind when you attempt this test in the air. You can go from cruise RPM to MAX, then perform the test, and return to cruise to save the engines.

Gypsy Baron
A2A Master Mechanic

Post by Gypsy Baron »

I believe that this issue that some folks have, but others do not, will be addressed in the next core update.

I do not have issues with the reverse thrust on the B-377 and use two small Lua scripts to execute the reverse and normal conditions....The scrips send the F1 then several F2 keystrokes to enter the reverse region and the other script sends several f3 keystrokes to put the throttles back into the normal region.

The scripts are triggered by one of the detent switches on one of my Saitek throttle axis

Paul

Tomas Linnet
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Tomas Linnet »

Scott had a few of us test a solution and I believe it was successful for all of us. I have no idea when it will be released
Kind Regards
Tomas

Sim: FSX SE
Accu-Sim aircraft in my hangar:
C172, C182, P51 Civ, P51 Mil, B17, Spitfire, P47, B377 COTS,
J3 Cub, T6, Connie, P-40, V35B
A2A Accu-Sim Avro Lancaster Loading:............0.000003% complete, please wait.

Piper_EEWL
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Piper_EEWL »

Tomas Linnet wrote:Scott had a few of us test a solution and I believe it was successful for all of us. I have no idea when it will be released
Yes that's correct. Worked for me too. I'm guessing it'll be released with an update once the Connie is out. As far as I remember Scott said that the Stratocruiser might also benefit from the new techniques they use in the Connie.
B377&COTS, J3 Cub, B-17G, Spitfire, P-40, P-51D, C172, C182, Pa28, Pa24, T-6 Texan, L-049&COTS, Bonanza V35B

Tomas Linnet
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Tomas Linnet »

Alan

Have a look here: https://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewto ... 7&start=30
Maybe Scott will send you the update, don't drag him away from the Connie though... :D
Kind Regards
Tomas

Sim: FSX SE
Accu-Sim aircraft in my hangar:
C172, C182, P51 Civ, P51 Mil, B17, Spitfire, P47, B377 COTS,
J3 Cub, T6, Connie, P-40, V35B
A2A Accu-Sim Avro Lancaster Loading:............0.000003% complete, please wait.

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi Thomas.
I am patiantly waiting on the connie myself , i can play around for now , in the hope this will be one of the mods that will improve the b377 as scott mentioned.
regards alan. 8)

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi.
Just finished messing with the guppy and pax controls , posted my settings in the normal b377 section , when throttles pull all the way back , the throttles spring back to cutoff positon , but going by the RPM gauge , it looks like the props move into reverse , and you seem to slow down , without the use of brakes , but once finished with reverse , you just start to push throttles fwd and the RPM starts to rise again , as props move out of reverse , not ideal , but seems to be best i can do , till scott makes any mods to this aircraft to fix this area of the strat .
Regards alan. 8)

Tug002
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Tug002 »

I am having the same problem too. Reverse worked for me a couple times and now nothing, just jams up and using f2 does nothing now either. Here's hoping for the update to fix the problem, till then I just use longer runways.

Keep smiling
Tug :)

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi Tug002.
I have my CH yoke/rudder peddles and two quad throttles set up under FSUIPC , and my thrust reversers do work in a fashion try looking here to see if it helps you untill the fix comes out.
http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtop ... 37&t=56350
regards alan. 8)

Tug002
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Tug002 »

alan CXA651 wrote:Hi Tug002.
I have my CH yoke/rudder peddles and two quad throttles set up under FSUIPC , and my thrust reversers do work in a fashion try looking here to see if it helps you untill the fix comes out.
http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtop ... 37&t=56350
regards alan. 8)
Thanks Allan, checking it out right now. Although I don't use FSUIPC and have a Saitek X52 Pro it may give me a hint as to how I may fix the problem.

Keep smiling
Tug :)

new reply

Return to “Boeing 377 Tech Support”