Missing lights/effects post-install

A place for technical help setting up your Stratocruiser with FSX
new reply
mjmowle
Airman

Missing lights/effects post-install

Post by mjmowle »

I recently upgraded PCs and after installing what I thought(?) was the right file for the COTS version of the 377 - wos_b377_v2_full.EXE, and then applied the latest update. When I started the aircraft, the first thing I immediately noted was the sounds were missing. OK, thankfully, I hadn't erased my old rig yet so I just copied the sound files from the old PC to the new. Well, I just did my first night flight and noticed the navigational lights (Red/Green), the strobe, and the beacon lights are not there, but all the taxi and landing lights are, and while the passenger cabin lights effect turns on, the cockpit itself remains in darkness, though the "light sources" inside the cockpit do show color. I am also noting that at high altitude flight the aircraft does not leave contrails. To sum it up, in addition to sounds, I think I am missing some effects. First, did I install the right file, and if I did, how do I get these effects back? The old PC has been wiped as I thought I had everything.

speedy70
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: Missing lights/effects post-install

Post by speedy70 »

Have you installed the latest updater?

Cheers Chris

mjmowle
Airman

Post by mjmowle »

Assuming the one from May is the most recent, yes. Also, even though we're talking the COTS version, the v2 WoS does appear to be the correct installation app? I also did load both Flight Sim Service Packs before loading the 377. Ah the joys of modern technology!

Alan_A
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Alan_A »

A new installation should take three steps - B377, then COTS, then the latest (5-9-16 as of this post) updater. First post in this thread gives the steps (the second procedure applies to a new install, the first procedure was for people who already owned the 377 when COTS first came out). If you copied the sound files by hand, they may or may not have "taken." A complete uninstall and a reinstall might be the best way to go.
"Ah, Paula, they are firing at me!" -- Saint-Exupery

mjmowle
Airman

Post by mjmowle »

OK, I have everything on my hard drive except the original WOS version of the aircraft. I have the v2.exe, that seems to give me the COTS version of the aircraft, I have the service pack that apparently was for the original WOS, but unless it is under a name I don't recognize, I can seem to find that original WOS download I made so many years ago. I can search e-mails for lisence or download information if I know what adress to look for? Or do you know the file name I should be looking for?

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi.
I only got the b377 on the 31 oct these are the file names i have.

wos_b377.zip
cots.zip

then updated with

A2A_Update_05_09_16.zip

Hope this helps you to locate your files for reinstall.
regards alan. 8)

mjmowle
Airman

Post by mjmowle »

These are the only files I have on my Hard Drive:
ATS-100.zip that contains the file: wos_b377_v2_full.EXE
wos_b377_accusim_sp1.zip that contains the file: wos_b377_Service_Pack_1.EXE and this file does nothing because it was apparently meant for the original WOS version of the airplane...
A2A_Update_05_09_16.zip that contains the file: A2A_Update_05_09_16.EXE

It looks like the only file missing is that original WOS first aircraft. The only thing I have to prove I ever bought it is the purchase confirmation, but the rights to re-download it appear to have long expired.

Am I looking at having to repurchase the original WOS aircraft in order to fix this matter?

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi.
If you purchased this direct from A2A , then try sending a PM to either scott or lewis , explaining your problem with maybe your email , so they could trace your order , they could then tell you what you purchased , and possibly reactivate your download links , this is one of the best companys i have dellt with , they bend over backwards to help customers.
regards alan. 8)

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

I can activate any downloads needed on the A2A Store no worries, ill just need an order number or the email address used on the A2A Store account.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

new reply

Return to “Boeing 377 Tech Support”