B377 problems

A place for technical help setting up your Stratocruiser with FSX
new reply
finforfun
Airman

B377 problems

Post by finforfun »

Hello,
Seeing all the other comments, I realise that I am not the only person who is experiencing problems with he
Strat. It works fine in the basic download, it works fine with Accusim added, but with Accusim SP1 added things go
wrong. All the engine gauges judder (Maintenance hanger says engines are excellent, the crew reports tell of
serious engine trouble), and the FE keeps repeating the mantra "Oil pressure coming up, oil pressure rising, oil
pressure OK". Putting the mixture into full rich smooths out the engines, but that defeats to whole idea of sim
realism. Comments from Jacques and MarcE advised a pruned down installation: 377, Accusim, COS, and
Update 5-9-16. As soon as COS was loaded the gauge shake commenced. I even re-arranged the installation
to 377, Accusim, Update 5-9-16 (all as steady as a rock), then loaded COS, and again the the engine gauges started
their merry jig. There seems to be a "Software conflict" between the basic sim, and something contained in SP1,
and, or COS. It is a shame, the Strat is stunning, but It seems she'll have to be parked in that great big hanger
in the sky, that is unless someone out their has a fix! I am running Windows 7 Professional, and have installed FSX
away from the Programs Folder. My other high end sims, the Majestic Q400, and the PMDG J41 run fine.

Thanks for any advice

Fin Fraser

Alan_A
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: B377 problems

Post by Alan_A »

I'll defer to others who are more versed in the Strat than I am, but as I understand it, since COTS, you no longer need the AccuSim or SP1 installation. Install order should be 377, COTS, 5-9-16 update - just those three items. You might want to try an uninstall, then a reinstall without AccuSim. Could be you're seeing a conflict between the B377 AccuSim and COTS, which includes AccuSim along with its other "stuff." Hope this helps.
"Ah, Paula, they are firing at me!" -- Saint-Exupery

Jacques
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Jacques »

Yean, Alan, that was my understanding as well, but others disagree. Perhaps the definitive clarification and "sticky" from Lewis or Scott might help. The development path of the Stratocruiser has been a bit more complicated than the rest!

Welsch
Staff Sergeant

Post by Welsch »

Just to add another data point: the three items Alan mentioned (b377 base aircraft, COTS, latest update) are all I ever installed for my B377. Works well for me so far.

Jacques
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Jacques »

I think the confusion lies with those who have an older version of the 377, with its service packs, accusim package and COTS. Which packages are still relevant, and which can be dispensed with on a re-install using the latest updater.

Alan_A
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Alan_A »

At some point A2A ought to consider doing a table or some other form of quick reference on what's required to install each aircraft. Lots of different methods in play now - warbirds that require separate AccuSim, GA planes that don't, and the Strat, which is, as always, its own thing. Obviously, packaging and installation has evolved over the years, but for a newcomer in particular, it's a lot to keep track of.

finforfun
Airman

Post by finforfun »

Thanks for your replies. My B377 must be one of the first models, If try and install COTS without the service packs, the installer asks for them to be installed
before continuing. As I said with just the plane and accusim installed she's as steady as a rock. There must be some element within SP1 and COTS that
creates this problem. If I were to download the latest iteration of the Strat would that help? The only problem there is that I didn't buy the sim from A2A,
and searching my accounts with various software retailers that I have used, I have not been able to find it.

Anyway thanks for your comments.

Fin Fraser

Jacques
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Jacques »

Is it asking you to install service packs for FSX? Or for the 377 specifiacally?

FAC257
A2A Master Mechanic

Post by FAC257 »

Fin,

If you have the very earliest version of the 377, you will probably have to run the Accusim update twice.

The correct install order using the older 377 files, prior to the Core updates was steps 1-4 below. Then add step 5.
1. 377
2. Accusim
3. Sp1
4. COTS
5. Accusim

On the first Accusim run through, it probably isn't updating the COTS install, because the base 377+Accusim is not at SP1. If you don't run the Accusim update the second time, COTS will still be stuck at the older version.

It's been a bit since I have installed the original and it's files. What I can't tell you without installing them myself, is whether or not the later Core updates changed this routine.
FAC257

Alan_A
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Alan_A »

Just to round off this conversation - seems there's a sticky after all. First post in this thread gives the install procedures for COTS. If you're doing a new install, it looks like you ought to go with the second sequence - 377, COTS, and then of course the latest updater. Hope this helps.

Macdaddy
Airman Basic

Post by Macdaddy »

Hello, I'm having a very similar problem with the 377 and B17, so far the other accu-sim models work perfectly, Cessna 172 and 182, P40 and 51. If I uninstall the accu-sim then the bas model works fine but then install accu-sim and I get jumpy gauges, continuous callout, engine smoke and fire, low oil pressure and other issues, it really blows because they produce quality products.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Macdaddy wrote:Hello, I'm having a very similar problem with the 377 and B17, so far the other accu-sim models work perfectly, Cessna 172 and 182, P40 and 51. If I uninstall the accu-sim then the bas model works fine but then install accu-sim and I get jumpy gauges, continuous callout, engine smoke and fire, low oil pressure and other issues, it really blows because they produce quality products.
Did you run the latest updated to get all the files updated and in-line?

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

finforfun
Airman

Post by finforfun »

Jacques wrote:Is it asking you to install service packs for FSX? Or for the 377 specifiacally?
The 377 Service packs Jacques!

new reply

Return to “Boeing 377 Tech Support”