Stratocruiser systems questions

A place for technical help setting up your Stratocruiser with FSX
new reply
equusjumper
Airman

Post by equusjumper »

I am looking for a detailed manual for the radio plus where to get correct ILS frequencies. And also looking for manual for all the engine systems. Can anyone help? Thanks!

Jacques
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Jacques »

Have you had a look at the manual that came with your stratocruiser ( me assuming you have the A2A stratocruiser already)? The radio is really simple, if you just take a moment to look at the switches and how they are labeled!

For correct ILS frequencies, you can type in the four letter airport identifier in a web search, usually a site called airnav comes up first, with links to various charts, including ILS if the airport is so equipped. The catch here is sometimes those frequencies have changed and since FSX has not in quite sometime (unless you've dowloaded an add-on airport that reflects any changes made. Best practice is to double check in FSX to see what they are in FSX!

Here is a link to the genuine Stratocruiser Pilot's Handbook..if only we could find a manual for the flight engineer! Link is here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/srw7p03q9h8sr ... k.pdf?dl=0

Hope some of that helps. Write back if you need more details!

ThomasAH
Airman First Class

Re: Stratocruiser systems questions

Post by ThomasAH »

I personally haven't used it, since I read the ILS frequencies from the charts provided by AivlaSoft EFB, but there is a small, free utility named quick-ils to find the ILS frequencies.

equusjumper
Airman

Post by equusjumper »

Thanks for the replies. Does anyone have a link to a very basic manual for aircraft radio operation for a complete newbie? Having trouble understanding just the basics.

ThomasAH
Airman First Class

Post by ThomasAH »

equusjumper wrote:Thanks for the replies. Does anyone have a link to a very basic manual for aircraft radio operation for a complete newbie? Having trouble understanding just the basics.
Radio navigation (VOR, etc.), or radio communication (ATC, etc.)?

new reply

Return to “Boeing 377 Tech Support”