Cabin sounds/ engine sounds and voices

A place for technical help setting up your Stratocruiser with FSX
new reply
Styggron
Master Sergeant

Cabin sounds/ engine sounds and voices

Post by Styggron »

Hello everyone,

I played with the sliders on FSX as I wanted to lower the sound of the engines a little so I can better hear what the crew are saying. The sliders don't seem to change much in different combinations sadly.

Is there a way to
1. lower the engine sound a little from when in the cabin
2. raise the voice level of the crew
3. raise heidi's voice a little ? I know she is behind us talking to passengers so she will be a little muffled etc but would be nice if I could raise her voice level a little.

I remember I had to change the sound files in the A2A C172 because the gyro's starting up were not audible in my setup.

Thanks in advance
Accufeel V2, C172 , B377+L049+COTS, B17G, Piper Cub,Commanche,Cherrokee,Spitfire,Bonanza, P47,P40,both Mustangs
Aircraft Factory Avro Anson, Albatros DIII,Heinkel He-219, F4U Corsair, P51H Mustang, Avro 504, BF109
Watch my incompetent flying Twitch

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Cabin sounds/ engine sounds and voices

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Is your default sound device turned low the volumes are already pretty loud so it sounds like a setup issue.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Styggron
Master Sergeant

Post by Styggron »

Lewis - A2A wrote:Is your default sound device turned low the volumes are already pretty loud so it sounds like a setup issue.

thanks,
Lewis
The default sound device (laptop speakers) is on full. I just wanted to tweak the engine sounds a little but as I said the FSX control panel does not make that much difference.

Should I look for the sound settings in an A2A B377 config file ?

I remember Scott telling me how to edit the C172s sound file because you can't hear the gyros start up so I had to manually fiddle with that sound file and now I can hear the A2A C172 gyros start up. On default they were sooooo long they were inaudible.

Do I need to do something similar on the B377 to turn the engine sounds down a little ?
Accufeel V2, C172 , B377+L049+COTS, B17G, Piper Cub,Commanche,Cherrokee,Spitfire,Bonanza, P47,P40,both Mustangs
Aircraft Factory Avro Anson, Albatros DIII,Heinkel He-219, F4U Corsair, P51H Mustang, Avro 504, BF109

Styggron
Master Sergeant

Post by Styggron »

Tried looking at the sound.cfg file in the simobjects/B377 directory. Nothing in there for voices :(

ThomasAH
Airman First Class

Post by ThomasAH »

Styggron wrote:Tried looking at the sound.cfg file in the simobjects/B377 directory. Nothing in there for voices :(
If they are generated outside FSX, you can reduce the volumes for everything in FSX to 50% and maybe the voices will stay at their current volume?

Styggron
Master Sergeant

Post by Styggron »

ThomasAH wrote:
Styggron wrote:Tried looking at the sound.cfg file in the simobjects/B377 directory. Nothing in there for voices :(
If they are generated outside FSX, you can reduce the volumes for everything in FSX to 50% and maybe the voices will stay at their current volume?
Hello Thomas,
Yes I was hoping for something like that, still no luck.

I need to raise the voices and lower the engines :( FSX slides don't do anything I fear.

If I can find where the config file for it is, then I can adjust it. I had to adjust the A2A C172 gyro big time to even hear it at all. Not a problem, it was fixed but I'd like to fix the B377 sounds.

ThomasAH
Airman First Class

Post by ThomasAH »

Another alternative (which I have used in Flysimware's Cessna 441, the Garret engines are very loud) is to use an audio editing tool (e.g. audacity) to lower the volume of wav files.

Styggron
Master Sergeant

Post by Styggron »

ThomasAH wrote:Another alternative (which I have used in Flysimware's Cessna 441, the Garret engines are very loud) is to use an audio editing tool (e.g. audacity) to lower the volume of wav files.
Waaay ahead of you. The problem is that the voices are not wav files in COTS. They are created from words by the AI.

Back to square one.

ThomasAH
Airman First Class

Post by ThomasAH »

Styggron wrote:Waaay ahead of you. The problem is that the voices are not wav files in COTS. They are created from words by the AI.
I was suggesting to make the loud sounds (engine etc.) quieter, not the voices louder :)
(unless these come from Sounds.pk, too)

Styggron
Master Sergeant

Post by Styggron »

ThomasAH wrote:
Styggron wrote:Waaay ahead of you. The problem is that the voices are not wav files in COTS. They are created from words by the AI.
I was suggesting to make the loud sounds (engine etc.) quieter, not the voices louder :)
(unless these come from Sounds.pk, too)
Hello Thomas,
Well with the FSX sliders, nothing happens as you know from the original post. There is the cfg file in the B377 from the simobjects directory. It is a huge list with a lof of engines. The file was the first thing I looked at actually. Balancing that or at least keeping it all with the same ratios would be tricky.

I am hoping A2A will weigh in with some help.

Styggron
Master Sergeant

Post by Styggron »

Still not working..............

help people someone..... :(

Jacques
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Jacques »

Styggron,
If your cabin is too hot before you load passengers, just run the engines for a short while to cool the cabin, then shut them down for loading and start then again after the pre-flig announcement. There is no penalty or complaining if the cabin gets too hot while loading.

Or, just pick a cooler place to originate your flight and start the engines after the passengers have boarded.

If you are also talking about the few comments that are made during the flight...that is somethng that would have to be changed by tweaking internal files and you're probably out of luck on that.

WB_FlashOver
Technical Sergeant

Post by WB_FlashOver »

I've had trouble with getting my individual sound levels correct and sometimes even have the sliders make a difference. I've had to adjust, shut game down and restart to get a response from a slider change. Even had to reboot a view times.

Good luck
Roger
-- Fly Well, Be Nice, Have Fun ! ! !

Z390 FTW | i9 9900K @ 5.2 | 32GB 3333 CL14 | 3080 Ti FE
970 Pro 512GB (OS)| 970 Evo 1TB | 850 Evo 500GBx2 Raid0
3TB HDD | Define S2 | EKWB Dual Loop

P51civ - T6 - P40 - B17 - B377 - L049 - Comanche - Spit - Bonanza

Styggron
Master Sergeant

Post by Styggron »

As per my OP sadly none of this helps. I just need the engine sounds turns down a little so I can hear what people are saying :(

new reply

Return to “Boeing 377 Tech Support”