HOw do you ensure the B377 always has engines off at start

A place for technical help setting up your Stratocruiser with FSX
Styggron
Master Sergeant

HOw do you ensure the B377 always has engines off at start

Post by Styggron »

Hi everyone,

Something odd with the B377.

Everytime I load the B377, and have it start at a gate. The engine are always going and I have to press cold & dark etc.
How can I make it so when I load the B377 the engines are not going.

Are they automatically on because I start at the gate ?

Thanks everyone
Accufeel V2, C172 , B377+L049+COTS, B17G, Piper Cub,Commanche,Cherrokee,Spitfire,Bonanza, P47,P40,both Mustangs
Aircraft Factory Avro Anson, Albatros DIII,Heinkel He-219, F4U Corsair, P51H Mustang, Avro 504, BF109
Watch my incompetent flying Twitch

Jacques
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: HOw do you ensure the B377 always has engines off at sta

Post by Jacques »

This could be the answer to some of your technical problems. You should always load FSX with a default (fsx) aircraft at a default airport (I use Friday Harbor) with the engine off (and all switches off). This should be saved as your default flight, the one the simulator loads when you first start. Then choose whichever aircraft you wish to fly from whichever airport you want to fly from.
If you don't follow this simple step, you may experience problems with complex aircraft like those A2A creates!

Styggron
Master Sergeant

Post by Styggron »

Jacques wrote:This could be the answer to some of your technical problems. You should always load FSX with a default (fsx) aircraft at a default airport (I use Friday Harbor) with the engine off (and all switches off). This should be saved as your default flight, the one the simulator loads when you first start. Then choose whichever aircraft you wish to fly from whichever airport you want to fly from.
If you don't follow this simple step, you may experience problems with complex aircraft like those A2A creates!
Ahead of you on this one. I do load everything default I never save anything. It is always with the trike and Friday harbour.

I had a similar problem with the C172 whose chocks and tiedowns were never persistent. That was fixed but now the B377 always starts with engine going.

I just finished a flight now. Everything off, switches off. Exit FSX, get back in. Friday harbour is there, I pick inverness, pick the B377, pick gate 1 and start it up and.............

engine are going and I have to press cold and dark again :(
Accufeel V2, C172 , B377+L049+COTS, B17G, Piper Cub,Commanche,Cherrokee,Spitfire,Bonanza, P47,P40,both Mustangs
Aircraft Factory Avro Anson, Albatros DIII,Heinkel He-219, F4U Corsair, P51H Mustang, Avro 504, BF109

Jacques
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Jacques »

Is the engine running on the trike at Friday Harbor?

Styggron
Master Sergeant

Post by Styggron »

Jacques wrote:Is the engine running on the trike at Friday Harbor?
No, the engine is off.

Jacques
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Jacques »

I would suggest putting the default cessna at Friday Harbor, with engine off and all switches off. See if that will let you load your complex aircraft in with engines off.

Styggron
Master Sergeant

Post by Styggron »

Jacques wrote:I would suggest putting the default cessna at Friday Harbor, with engine off and all switches off. See if that will let you load your complex aircraft in with engines off.
I actually tried that too. No dice :(

The A2A C172 is fine though just not the B377

Piper_EEWL
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Piper_EEWL »

That's weird. I don't have that issue. Just try what Jacques suggested. Put the default Cessna to Friday Harbor turn everything off and then safe the flight and check "use as default flight". Restart the simulator and try again. There is something off with your default flight I think.
B377&COTS, J3 Cub, B-17G, Spitfire, P-40, P-51D, C172, C182, Pa28, Pa24, T-6 Texan, L-049&COTS, Bonanza V35B

Styggron
Master Sergeant

Post by Styggron »

Piper_EEWL wrote:That's weird. I don't have that issue. Just try what Jacques suggested. Put the default Cessna to Friday Harbor turn everything off and then safe the flight and check "use as default flight". Restart the simulator and try again. There is something off with your default flight I think.
As I wrote above, I already tried it. No dice. :(

Piper_EEWL
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Piper_EEWL »

Ok sorry. Wasn't sure if you have actually safed the flight with the default Cessna as the default flight.

And you don't have that issue with any other airplane? Stock or 3rd party?
B377&COTS, J3 Cub, B-17G, Spitfire, P-40, P-51D, C172, C182, Pa28, Pa24, T-6 Texan, L-049&COTS, Bonanza V35B

Styggron
Master Sergeant

Post by Styggron »

Piper_EEWL wrote:Ok sorry. Wasn't sure if you have actually safed the flight with the default Cessna as the default flight.

And you don't have that issue with any other airplane? Stock or 3rd party?
No it's ok.
No I don't have that issue with stock planes, unless of course you start them on the active runway, then the engines are going.
If I start them in parking no engines are on.

The C172 engine is also off too but the B377, I always have to press cold and dark every load for some reason.

Welsch
Staff Sergeant

Post by Welsch »

Something is strange here, even with your stock planes. Mine make no difference if loading at parking position or active runway - if the engine of the default plane is running when I select the new plane, the new plane loads with engine running as well. If I kill the engine before selecting a new plane, that plane comes up with its engine off.

Incidentally, that also works just fine for the Stratocruiser. Put my default C172 at the gate, pull the mixture to cut-off, load the B377... and it comes up with engines off.

Piper_EEWL
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Piper_EEWL »

Yes that sounds a bit weird indeed. I'm pretty sure if the engine is off in your saved default flight the engine should not come up running when you load the plane onto the active runway.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Yes sounds like you are saving the flight but not selecting it to be default flight with the engines off. Settings like engine on/off tend to come directly from the default flight.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Styggron
Master Sergeant

Post by Styggron »

Lewis - A2A wrote:Yes sounds like you are saving the flight but not selecting it to be default flight with the engines off. Settings like engine on/off tend to come directly from the default flight.

thanks,
Lewis
Hello Lewis,
I've not touched anything FSX for saving.

The default flight is the Trike at Friday harbour and it's engines are off.I had a similar problem originally with the C172 not keeping the tie downs and chocks. The C172 is fine, it doesn't start with the engine running if I load it first. Only the B377 does.

I always turn engines off before finishing a flight and when done I press ESC and select "end flight".

new reply

Return to “Boeing 377 Tech Support”