Boeing 377 CotS Engines Wont Start

A place for technical help setting up your Stratocruiser with FSX
Jacques
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: Boeing 377 CotS Engines Wont Start

Post by Jacques »

In your FSX settings, did you make sure to un-tick "auto-mixture"? Also, as Rosariomanzo suggested, have you run the latest A2A update? Should be dated 5-9-2016 and is located here: Accu-Sim Update 5_9_16 DOWNLOAD

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?url=ht ... are_type=t

rosariomanzo
Staff Sergeant

Post by rosariomanzo »

The FE does not set magnetos, nor the master switch. It is the leftmost switch with red handles and it must be on.

Inviato dal mio SM-J500FN utilizzando Tapatalk
Ros

Styggron
Master Sergeant

Post by Styggron »

rosariomanzo wrote:The FE does not set magnetos, nor the master switch. It is the leftmost switch with red handles and it must be on.

Oh yes he does. I activated him and sat and watched and I saw the magnetos flip over and the master switch and batteries so absolutely he does.

He does not ALWAYS set the magnetos, once when I tried he only set Engine 4, other times all of them, other times none of them even after he said everything was ready.

I guess I need to fire Larry ! He's crap ! LOL
Last edited by Styggron on 13 Jun 2016, 01:43, edited 1 time in total.
Accufeel V2, C172 , B377+L049+COTS, B17G, Piper Cub,Commanche,Cherrokee,Spitfire,Bonanza, P47,P40,both Mustangs
Aircraft Factory Avro Anson, Albatros DIII,Heinkel He-219, F4U Corsair, P51H Mustang, Avro 504, BF109
Watch my incompetent flying Twitch

Styggron
Master Sergeant

Post by Styggron »

Jacques wrote:In your FSX settings, did you make sure to un-tick "auto-mixture"? Also, as Rosariomanzo suggested, have you run the latest A2A update? Should be dated 5-9-2016 and is located here: Accu-Sim Update 5_9_16 DOWNLOAD

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?url=ht ... are_type=t
Hi Jacques,
Not sure you read my post because I did say I tried the latest accu sim. :lol: Please see 4 posts before this one I think it is for my process :)

Also yes auto mixture is unticked because all A2A need that so it's not an issue. Already looked at all of those. sadly.
Accufeel V2, C172 , B377+L049+COTS, B17G, Piper Cub,Commanche,Cherrokee,Spitfire,Bonanza, P47,P40,both Mustangs
Aircraft Factory Avro Anson, Albatros DIII,Heinkel He-219, F4U Corsair, P51H Mustang, Avro 504, BF109

rosariomanzo
Staff Sergeant

Post by rosariomanzo »

In my SIM, the FE has never set the mags.
Asking again, have you set the master switch on? It is not set by default.
Running out of solutions, just trying to help.

Ros

Styggron
Master Sergeant

Post by Styggron »

rosariomanzo wrote:In my SIM, the FE has never set the mags.
Asking again, have you set the master switch on? It is not set by default.
Running out of solutions, just trying to help.

Hello Rasariomanzo,
I do appreciate your help but as I said my FE has twice set the mags, not always all of them :) Master switches are on, again my FE does that. You can even see it happen in the SHIFT F2 screen when the FE talks to you.

rosariomanzo
Staff Sergeant

Post by rosariomanzo »

There has to be something wrong. I own COTS since years and the FE never set mags nor master switch.
I hope some A2A staff will jump in to help.

Ros

Styggron
Master Sergeant

Post by Styggron »

rosariomanzo wrote:There has to be something wrong. I own COTS since years and the FE never set mags nor master switch.
I hope some A2A staff will jump in to help.

I did a complete shut down and reset.....now this is odd.....

1. The FE did not touch the mags OR the master switch

So I turned on the master switch, and started each engine NO problem.
I have NO idea what happened before. Maybe the joystick was inputting some keys or something I don't know.

The locked surface controls was solved by another user that said it might be activating the auto pilot so even with the controls free it was locked. He was right. That problem is now sorted.

So now I just need to work out how to put out fires. I had a fire on number 2, I hit all 4 selector switches and did the CO2 but fire remained. oh well.

Thank you for your tries, it was just something REALLY odd on my computer.
I hope the OP has sorted the problems as well.

Happy to do manual starts, prefer not to auto start. So there you go. All seems to be working now.

rosariomanzo
Staff Sergeant

Post by rosariomanzo »

Glad you solved your issue.

Ros

Bosko
Airman First Class

Post by Bosko »

Hi Styggron,

Did you try holding the CO2 switch in Second Fire position when you weren't able to put out the fire?

-Brendan
A2A T-6, Comanche, C182, C172, P51 Civilian, B377, Cub.

Styggron
Master Sergeant

Post by Styggron »

Bosko wrote:Hi Styggron,

Did you try holding the CO2 switch in Second Fire position when you weren't able to put out the fire?

-Brendan
Hi Bosko,
Of course, that's the first thing I did when the fire did not go out. :)

[UPDATE]
Not had any fires for a while now as I am getting used to thie plane. I will try to cause some to see if my procedure is correct :)

wingover
Airman

Post by wingover »

I have not used the "captain of the Ship" for some time but my interest was renewed by the announcement of the connie. However ,I now find I have the problems of the original poster including the trumpet sound. the sim has never given me problems before and I cannot find a way around it.

dbw
Airman

Post by dbw »

Those that are having the engine start issue are you running Win10-64 and P3dV3?
I am and all is well (base B377, Accusim and the sp1 installed) then I install COTS then the starting issue is present.
Got to be something simple but darned if I can find it.
Dave

ThomasAH
Airman First Class

Post by ThomasAH »

dbw wrote:I am and all is well (base B377, Accusim and the sp1 installed) then I install COTS then the starting issue is present.
Do you have the original B377 which did not include Accusim? Only if yes, install Accusim and SP1.

And regardless of the version you have, install Accu-Sim Update 5_9_16 DOWNLOAD - this is the Accusim update, Accusim is already included in the B377 that is available to buy for many years (since 2011?)

My install order (with filenames from the A2A store) was:
wos_b377.zip
cots.zip
A2A_Update_05_09_16.zip

It works for me, but I only have FSX, so there could still be a problem in the interaction with P3D.

dbw
Airman

Post by dbw »

I have the older one. My order file still has that one....not the newer one.
I've tried everything I can think of and no luck. All the downloads in the correct order etc.
I'll fly the B377 without the COTS. I got a new computer in 2016 and have been rebuilding P3dV3.3.5. O/S is Win10.
The new Connie grabbed my interest so thought I'd spend some time with the B377 to make sure i wanted to fly this vintage of aircraft before buying the Connie with the difference in the Cdn dollar being an additional 35% +/- depending on the day.
Cheers,
Dave

new reply

Return to “Boeing 377 Tech Support”