Engine 1+2 loss Torque press in climb

A place for technical help setting up your Stratocruiser with FSX
randy_onfly
Airman

Post by randy_onfly »

Engine 1+2 loss Torque pressure in climp. That starts by 5000ft and when i reach 14000ft the loss decrease rapidly till i have no pressure in E1 and E2. Simultaneously the fuel cunsumation decrease.

I have this problem always with all variants of the 377 with and without cots and servicepacks in all situations (weight, temp and so on). I have a WIN XP system with FSX and Acceleration Pack, Opus, FSUIPC and Linda is running.

I have delete .dat files, uninstall and reinstall 377, without effect.

I read all forum posts with this theme, but i can´t get an solution.

Please help me. The 377 is so a fine airplane, but with this problem, is not a pleasure to fly.

Sorry for my bad english, i am a German.

Jacques
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Jacques »

Engines 1 and 2 behave normally on the ground? A static run-up of all four engines on the ground, all four engines return the same MP and RPM?

If so, then check the turbo adjustment pots for engines 1 and 2 to make sure you don't have them zeroed out. The behavior you describe sounds as though turbos for 1 and 2 are not adjusted properly.

randy_onfly
Airman

Re: Engine 1+2 loss Torque press in climb

Post by randy_onfly »

Hi, Jacques thanks for your answer.

Is not a problem with the turbos, because the loss starts before i activate the turbos.
The MP and RPM is equal in all engines and on the ground it seems OK.

I want to attach some pics, but it does not work.
I get this error message "Sorry, the board attachment quota has been reached."

randy_onfly
Airman

Post by randy_onfly »

Hi, i found another ting.
Always when i start a saved flight, on the beginning all four engines are OK, but after a few seconds the loss starts.
For example i saved a flight in a altitude of 15000ft with no troque press in E1 + E2 and load this flight. i have pressure in all Engines and can climb higher as before, but only for a while.

Jacques
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Jacques »

To post pictures you need to have them hosted on one of the many picture hosting sites, copy the link to the screenshot and then copy the link into the forum. That would be a big help if you could link to some screenshots.

This problem happens despite multiple uninstalls and deleting all.dat files for the 377? This sounds almost as though it isn't really a complete uninstall and you have some carry over of the same issue to the new install.

Any other details you can provide would be helpful. I'm fairly certain the forum will get you sorted and back in the air again!

gulredrel
Master Sergeant

Post by gulredrel »

Starting a saved flight with running engines isn't a good idea. Complex aircraft like all from A2A want a cold & dark startup to initialize correctly.

Could you try it with a new flight from an airport? Also make sure, there are no carb icing problems, so keep an eye on the carb temp gauges.

Regards
Jens
"Give me a ping, Vasili. One ping only, please."

randy_onfly
Airman

Post by randy_onfly »

Hello

From the Beginning:
I bought and install the A2A Simulations Wings of Silver Stratocruiser.
Read the manuel and start to learn you i have to handle the plane.
After i note the problem with torque i read in the forum, that a update exist. I download and install this.
The problem remains.
Then i think maybe the COTS solves the problem. I bought this and install it.
The problem remains.

Then came uninstall .dat, airplane and so on.

I spent a lot of time to test under various contitions.
Amongst others: Start c+d with different start sequences, weather and load conditions.
I run FSX without all other programms like OPUS, Linda, SIOC.

I try prop deicing, COTS engineer handle the plane and so on.

The problem is always the same, all other works fine.

Normally i fly a PMDG 737NGX with a selfbuilded, full functional Homecockpit.
I am not a newbie in the world of FSX and i think its not a problem of handling.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

are you settings as set in the manual?

Sounds like you might have auto mixture turned on?

Also as no one else has reported this issue could it be the advanced hardware you mentioned having an affect controlling the aircraft due to a mis mapping for the B377 simulation.

Thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

randy_onfly
Airman

Post by randy_onfly »

Hello here a pic of my settings
[img][img]http://s5.postimg.org/o7qq3c1ur/settings.jpg[/img][/img]
I do so like you describe in the manual.

My advanced hardware i have disabled for testing.
Only my Saitek Throttle, Yoke and pedals are aktive.
Same result.

I wrote in the forum another user have same problem
http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtop ... ue#p274047

Jacques
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Jacques »

Hi Randy,

I couldn't see your pictures without going to a PC view (I'm on an iPad!) and I was out of town for a few days so apologies for not replying earlier!

I think in picture number four ( of the six you first posted) you are at 13,400 feet or near that altitude. At this point, you said earlier that you DO NOT have the turbos running yet? I ask because the outside temperature appears to be quite cold. Running your turbos helps to prevent ice from building up in the carburetor, which will cause your Manifold pressure to drop off. Also, you are running on the four wing tanks and have nothing in the center. You also have the four tanks selected to "Tank to Engine and Manifold, which is correct for the situation. But you have no pumps on in the picture. Could you do another test flight and ensure that you have all four engine boost pumps on?

Edit-- forgot about the carb heat switches, so lack of turbo probably isn't an issue.

I also completed a test flight from EGPK (i.e. Cold temps) with no flight engineer, fuel pump switches off, fuel set to engine and manifold, no turbos up to 14000' and I couldn't reproduce your issues. The fact it only happens on the one side, engines 1 and 2, indicates there is some kind of conflict going on, or some kind of controller issue...I don't know. I guess we need more specific info like controller set-up, specifically how the throttles are controlled. When you say you deleted .dat files, specifically which ones were deleted.

JP

randy_onfly
Airman

Post by randy_onfly »

Hello Jacques
the pics i posted are only an example how the process of lose pressure evolute.
I tried nearly all thinkable configurations.

The throttles are controlled with Saitk trottels via FSUIPC axis assignment and joystick calibration.
The throttles works fine goes from idle to 100%.
The MB reacts correct by adjustments, also all torque pressures reacts when i change RPM.

It seems so that the internal calculation (higher altitude = lower torque pressure) of torque pressure is another as on the other engines. I dont know the algorithms which are used.

I deleted all .dat files. Uninstall 377 and cots also all not automatically erased files, unpluged all advanced hardware (except my Saitek hardware I can not fly only with my mouse.), reboot my PC and reinstall 377 and cots and start testing again.
Same result.

I am thankful for all help, but i have no idea more what can it be and i am a litte bit frustrated.
I had no more good flight experience since i had bought the 377.
Even Heidi can not console me.

Best regards Randy

Jacques
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Jacques »

Hi Randy,

I would guess that throttle calibration is not the issue, if you are confident that they are configured properly and you double-checked that and everything behaves normally on the ground checks. You don't use turbos at all up to this point?
There is something that has corrupted the two engines, but what?

-- Have you deleted all your saved flights with the 377 from your FSX?

-- What happens if you let the virtual engineer do his job from takeoff up to 14,000'?

-- You are certain that the only update applied is the one dated 1-26-15 in the sticky part of the 377 tech support forum?

JP

randy_onfly
Airman

Post by randy_onfly »

Hi, Jacques
now i have all done what you said.
Same result.

But i dont understand which effect have saved flights for new flights?

Best regards Randy

Jacques
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Jacques »

What I mean is, since no one else has (currently) or can reproduce this issue, there is something persistent about your installation that is carrying over to each flight. So, a saved flight in FSX saves the aircraft as you left it. The .dat files save the persistent state of the aircraft so that any corruption in a file may possibly carry over to the next flights.

I've had puzzles like this in my own setup. It takes patience and persistence.
Think about any changes you made before you started flying the 377. If you have add-on programs for FSX try disabling them one at a time to see what happens.

What happened when you let the flight engineer handle the engines? He would start the turbos soon after take-off. Did you lose MP at about the same height and it dropped off rapidly?

JP

new reply

Return to “Boeing 377 Tech Support”