B377 no stater sound and turbo problem accusim + cots

A place for technical help setting up your Stratocruiser with FSX
Bonanzapilot
Airman

Post by Bonanzapilot »

On the 377, there is no sound for the starter and the turbo lever does not work. Yes, with the flight engineer off. I have reinstalled multiple times. :cry: Accusim and COTS.
Image Image Image Image Image

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: B377 no stater sound and turbo problem accusim + cots

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

is your FSX updated to Service Pack 2 OR Acceleration?

thanks,
Lewis - A2A
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Jacques
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Jacques »

Hi BonanzaPilot,

Are you running FSX service pack 2 or Acceleration? Have you had the engines started before, and this is a new problem that has come up? Do you use the mouse or mouse wheel to move the turno, or do you have the function assigned to a joystick?

Oops, sorry Lewis! I'll step out now!

JP

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Bonanzapilot
Airman

Post by Bonanzapilot »

I had not flown it for a while. No changes were made between when it was working and when it stopped working.

Bonanzapilot
Airman

Post by Bonanzapilot »

Lewis - A2A wrote:Hello,

is your FSX updated to Service Pack 2 OR Acceleration?

thanks,
Lewis - A2A
I have Acceleration.

Jacques
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Jacques »

Are the engines turning over and starting, just no starter sound? Are you following a checklist? How are you trying to move the turbo lever? Have you tried saving, then deleting the .dat file to see if that makes any difference?

JP

Bonanzapilot
Airman

Post by Bonanzapilot »

Jacques wrote:Are the engines turning over and starting, just no starter sound? Are you following a checklist? How are you trying to move the turbo lever? Have you tried saving, then deleting the .dat file to see if that makes any difference?

JP

Engines are turning over and starting just fine. I am not doing anything differently now than I was when I got it last year.

Jacques
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Jacques »

Hi Bonanza,

That is really strange. It does seem like you have a corrupted file...have you tried saving your .dat file putting it somewhere safe, deleting the file and letting the sim rebuild a new one to see if that solves the problem? You would only need to save the file if you wanted to save your hours or your career.

JP

Bonanzapilot
Airman

Post by Bonanzapilot »

Jacques wrote:Hi Bonanza,

That is really strange. It does seem like you have a corrupted file...have you tried saving your .dat file putting it somewhere safe, deleting the file and letting the sim rebuild a new one to see if that solves the problem? You would only need to save the file if you wanted to save your hours or your career.

JP

Where is the .dat file located?

Jacques
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Jacques »

Hi,

Before you do any of the steps regarding the .dat file, please try two more things:

1. With the stratocruiser loaded on the ramp, press shift+3 to bring up the 2d window and make sure you do not have the engineer controlling the turbos. If you do, the box will be yellow. If you have the engineer controlling the turbos, you won't be able to move the control lever yourself.

2. Please check your sounds menu, under settings, to make sure that engines, cockpit and environment are active, just to be sure.

If you still have no luck then backup and delete the .dat file

It is located in your Documents/ A2A / FSX / 377 folder. You will see two .dat files that are active and several backup files ending with .bak 1 through 5. The 377log.dat records among other things your engine hours and your career stats. The backups will revert you back to your last 5 saved states. So, if you delete the 377log.dat, it is going to get rid of engine hours and your career so far, but the 377log.dat.bak1 will restore all that most current information. Just change the name of the file by getting rid of the .bak# extension.

The other .dat file is at the bottom and is called B377.dat.

When you delete this file, the next time you run FSX and reload the 377, this file will be recreated automatically.

Try deleting just this file the B377.dat file to see if this resolves your issues.

Be sure to do those first two checks at the top of the post before you do anything else.

JP

Bonanzapilot
Airman

Post by Bonanzapilot »

Jacques wrote:Hi,

Before you do any of the steps regarding the .dat file, please try two more things:

1. With the stratocruiser loaded on the ramp, press shift+3 to bring up the 2d window and make sure you do not have the engineer controlling the turbos. If you do, the box will be yellow. If you have the engineer controlling the turbos, you won't be able to move the control lever yourself.

2. Please check your sounds menu, under settings, to make sure that engines, cockpit and environment are active, just to be sure.

If you still have no luck then backup and delete the .dat file

It is located in your Documents/ A2A / FSX / 377 folder. You will see two .dat files that are active and several backup files ending with .bak 1 through 5. The 377log.dat records among other things your engine hours and your career stats. The backups will revert you back to your last 5 saved states. So, if you delete the 377log.dat, it is going to get rid of engine hours and your career so far, but the 377log.dat.bak1 will restore all that most current information. Just change the name of the file by getting rid of the .bak# extension.

The other .dat file is at the bottom and is called B377.dat.

When you delete this file, the next time you run FSX and reload the 377, this file will be recreated automatically.

Try deleting just this file the B377.dat file to see if this resolves your issues.

Be sure to do those first two checks at the top of the post before you do anything else.

JP

Deleting the B377.dat did absolutely nothing.

Jacques
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Jacques »

So, I assume you did the two steps before you deleted the . Dat file?

JP

Bonanzapilot
Airman

Post by Bonanzapilot »

Jacques wrote:So, I assume you did the two steps before you deleted the . Dat file?

JP

Yes

Jacques
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Jacques »

Hi Bonanza,

Unless someone else has a better explanation, I would say you have one or more corrupted files in your Strato cruiser installation. It is entirely up to you, but I would suggest un-installing and re-installing. Sorry I couldn't be more helpful.

JP

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

please can you try a reinstall of the 377 simulation

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

new reply

Return to “Boeing 377 Tech Support”