How do I serve food and drink?

A place for technical help setting up your Stratocruiser with FSX
new reply
Bozdog
Airman First Class

Post by Bozdog »

Is there an option somewhere. I only get panels up
Using shift 2-9 shift 1 and 10 won't work (1 will cause problems)
using triple screens I can't sem to find any option to turn food on/off
Any help appreciated ,thanks

Hook
Master Sergeant

Re: How do I serve food and drink?

Post by Hook »

Serving meals is on the Shift-3 Controls menu.

It should be above "Auto Start" and to the left of the "AFK" option. My COTS manual doesn't show this button, but it's in the game. If it's checked, meals and snacks are served. If you are descending and the passengers won't have time to eat, you can cancel Meals to stop preparation. Don't know what happens if you cancel while the passengers are eating. :)

Hook

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

Bozdog,

Yes, correct. Keep in mind, the flight crew doesn't serve food, Heidi does :) She also serves the flight crew. Just be sure to keep the seatbelt sign off too.

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

Bozdog
Airman First Class

Post by Bozdog »

Many thanks didnt have that button but installed a patch 1.1 that added it
Bit strange as I or bought this week so thought it would be the latest version as my
Instsl said v2??

Did a 2 hour flight but no food served but will keep testing

Cheers

AuPif
Airman

Post by AuPif »

I do not have this button either. Where can I find this patch 1.1?

Thanks in advance.

AuPif.

Jacques
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Jacques »

Hi guys, if I remember correctly, the aircraft that you buy is the release version... So the B377 that you buy today is the same as the version released on its release date. All the UPDATES can be found in the forum, in the sticky section, for the respective aircraft. So if you recently purchased the 377 and then purchased the COTS (accusim for the 377), look in the sticky section of the 377 forum. At the top is the link to "dropbox" for the update to the COTS 377. I think the update version is 1.1. Thats all you need. The "no meals" button was put into the update to address the problem of meals being served during or just prior to descent, which obviously caused problems. The button either restricts meals from being served, or causes meal service to be ended directly after the button is pushed. The button is not there to begin meal service. In addition, as Scott mentioned, meal and snack service will only begin after the seatbelt sign is turned off. That could be why you aren't getting snacks or meals! Also, if I am correct, meals are served at set times according to the aircraft time, which can be viewed by mousing over the watch on the navigator's table. Breakfast begins somewhere between 8am and 9am... lunch will be served?... the info is somewhere in the forum. Regardless, if you have everything set up and installed correctly, shortly after you turn off the seatbelt sign Heidi will pop in with hot tea or coffee for the flight crew! I don't think I'm steering you wrong, but if anyone would like to add to or correct this post, please do so!

Bozdog
Airman First Class

Post by Bozdog »

Hi I found the update on the main A2A website in the downloads update section.

Managed to get meals served although one flight the no meals
turned itself on then I couldn't turn it back on which was a bit strange
All seems ok now think it got confused when I crossed a time zone ?

Hook
Master Sergeant

Post by Hook »

Bozdog wrote:All seems ok now think it got confused when I crossed a time zone ?
Meals are served on aircraft time, which is shown on the pocket watch on the navigator's table. Time zones don't affect this.

I had a situation on my last flight where dinner was being prepared when I started my long descent. The passengers got served, but the flight crew didn't. Seat belt sign was off.

Hook

DatDudeMIC
Senior Airman

Post by DatDudeMIC »

So are meals served when the “meals” icon or the “no meals” icon is showing?
Keep The Blue Side Up,

Micah H.

new reply

Return to “Boeing 377 Tech Support”