jailed, career: over what is this?

A place for technical help setting up your Stratocruiser with FSX
yankeegolf
Airman First Class

jailed, career: over what is this?

Post by yankeegolf »

Hi
I was happy with my latest flight but when I left the aircraft and looked up in my log book, I discovered that my career was over and that I was jailed. What did I do that was wrong? I have no clue
Thank you

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Re: jailed, career: over what is this?

Post by Scott - A2A »

yankeegolf,

This usually requires something pretty negligent to happen resulting in actual injuries. Did you happen to hit turbulence or have any bad events in flight?

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

yankeegolf
Airman First Class

Post by yankeegolf »

hi Scott,

Thank you for your reply. In my opinion I should have been told why I lost my career, otherwise how can I avoid making the same unknown mistake?

Yes I experienced some turbulences at some point generated by active sky. I think it is too harsh to end a career for this reason. There was nothing I could do to avoid them. Building a career with the B 377 is already a real challenge in itself , and loosing everything for that is way too unfair. Is there a way to disable this unjustified penalty or to retrieve my previous status?

Thank you.

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

YankeeGold,

It is certainly possible this was some kind of glitch or bug. Check the FAQ here, under HOW TO REVERT YOUR CAREER BACK TO A PRIOR STATE:
http://www.a2asimulations.com/forum/vie ... 80&t=25566

We added this auto backup in the event there was a glitch, crash, etc.

Also, you should be able to read passenger comments from the last flight. This will give an indicator as to what happened.

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

yankeegolf
Airman First Class

Post by yankeegolf »

hello

Thank you, I was able to restaure my career.
There was no specific comment from the passengers or crew, I guess there was a gitch of some kind.

What a superb aircraft the A2A B377 is!!!

yankeegolf
Airman First Class

Post by yankeegolf »

Hi,

I restaured my carrer but at my next flight I was jailed again . I don't think I made any pilot error; Here is the message that I got:
Your carrer is over, you are in the brig.
Passenger comment: My bag fell on another person's head
No raves about my landing
Jailed? unbelievable.

That's all. Nothing worth being jailed for in my opinion. :(

It is rather annoying and ruins my carreer experience with COTS. Is there a way to disable that unjustified penalty? :evil:
A2A If you plan to release a COTS upgrade, please supress this jailed penalty.

Thank you for your help

bigjuicyspider
Master Sergeant

Post by bigjuicyspider »

1) Is your version up to date?
2) Have you been receiving increasingly poor evaluations as time goes on, prior to this flight, even though you feel you did a pretty good job?
1)i7 980x 4.35 ghz, gtx 470s SLI, Matrox th2go, Creative x-fi
2)i7 2600k, Gigabyte z68x, gtx 285s sli

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

Yankee, in addition to what BJS just said, try resetting your career.

This comment concerns me: "Passenger comment: My bag fell on another person's head"

The only way you get jailed is if you continually are doing things to hurt passengers, but usually requires really bad stuff like negative g's.

Are you running any 3rd party software that effects weather / wind?
A2A Simulations Inc.

yankeegolf
Airman First Class

Post by yankeegolf »

Hi,
I have everything updated.
I will reset my carrer to see if it eliminates the problem.
With hindsight, I remember that for some time I had not switched on the body heater. It is not mentioned in the check list. I may have frozen my passengers :(
What do you think?

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

Heidi would have let you know. Plus, the passengers would have commented on it. The issue was negative g i think.
A2A Simulations Inc.

yankeegolf
Airman First Class

Post by yankeegolf »

Thank you for replying Scott,

Being jailed for negative gs, isn't it way too much?? I have active sky as a weather engine and turbulences are generated.

Accusim + COTS brings an unprecedented level of realism to FSX (for me it is accusim or nothing !!) but here it is unrealistic in my opinion. I hope that a patch will be released to correct this issue otherwise I (and others) will never be able to use the career mode more than a few flights.

Thank you.

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

YankeeGolf,

The way it works is this. First, being jailed is the extreme. The sim will jail you if you already have a bad reputation that precedes you, then you do something like negative g the plane, which is hard to do. But this results in heavy equipment, trays, dishes, passengers, etc. hitting the ceiling, then coming back down again resulting in serious injuries. In this case, you are met at the airport and carried away.

However, it is possible there is an error happening where the game thinks this is happening when it isn't. This is hard to tell, since we are not aware of an error that could cause this. This is why I suggest to just start over.

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

bigjuicyspider
Master Sergeant

Post by bigjuicyspider »

YankeeGolf, if you look at your Captain's log, what are the Units of your Air Distance/Ground Distance? Does it say "miles" or "sm" ???

(sanity check, just to make sure one more time, that there isn't a version problem. I used to be pretty knowledgeable about the quirks of this simulated airplane and I just want to double check, because I think I remember a suspiciously similar issue with RTM that was flagged and fixed with Service Pack 1.1)

yankeegolf
Airman First Class

Post by yankeegolf »

hi,

Scott: I will start over and see what it gives. I only fly on autopilot (except for take off and landings) so if there are negative gs, it is not my fault. No reason for being jailed. I don't mind being jailed for killing my passengers but at least in my case, I should be told why I was jailed. COTS does not say anything explicit.

big jucy spider: my units are in satute miles. Am I using the latest version? How can I tell which version I am using?
Thank you

bigjuicyspider
Master Sergeant

Post by bigjuicyspider »

yankeegolf wrote:
big jucy spider: my units are in satute miles. Am I using the latest version? How can I tell which version I am using?
Thank you
Yeah, unfortunately, Statute miles was the test for version 1.1, the latest, because that was a change made in 1.1. That eliminates any question as to whether you had a version problem....Darn, I wish I knew the anwser now, but it eludes me....I would have sworn I encountered something similar to this in the RTM version that caused some really bad evaluations, but I think whatever problems might have existed were fixed for version 1.1. Its been almost a year though since I used RTM, so I don't recall the specifics. I also thought there was some coding logic placed in there that if your plane experiences severe turbulence that it doesn't penalize you as harshly so long as the seat-belt signs are on, but only Scott can confirm that. It does seem if you were getting bad evaluations the cause would be obvious. Probably best bet, like Scott says, is to just start over, shrug your shoulders.

BTW, next time you do experience severe turbulence, you might want to disengage the autopilot and let the altitude float rather than having the ap constantly trying to correct against the buffeting. Some planes I think even have a Turb. mode that reduces the gain of the ap for that very purpose, don't they?

new reply

Return to “Boeing 377 Tech Support”