jailed, career: over what is this?

A place for technical help setting up your Stratocruiser with FSX
Treetop64
Airman First Class

Re: jailed, career: over what is this?

Post by Treetop64 »

I know that the gain can sometimes be adjusted in shop, don't know about in-flight.

Yankee Golf, many real world checklists require the autopilot be uncoupled in heavy turbulence specifically because the autopilot tends to overcompensate in those conditions, causing unnecessarily drastic and sudden changes in altitude which only worsens the experience for the passengers. This can sometimes lead to injuries. Doing this repeatedly can lead to suspension or revocation of pilot's license, and in the case of injuries, conviction and jail time. You don't actually have to kill anyone to be jailed, but flying passengers in an unintelligent or illegal manner could.
ImageImageImage

Alyot
Airman

Re: jailed, career: over what is this?

Post by Alyot »

Hello,

Yes, I was just stopping by with the same issue. It's never happened to me before, but, well...
I was landing in Mandalay, at night, and there was a thunderstorm right on top of the airport. It was one of my best landings ever. Even the co-pilot congratulated me, as I was on, for the most part, 3 engines. Number 1 had problems, but was still running.
..anyway, I encountered severe turbulence and wind shear on approach. (Active Sky Environment) I'm sure it was 1 or more of times a just dropped several hundred feed, followed by being thrust upwards a acouple of times. Thanks for the tip on resetting the career, Scott! I think I'll try to save my old one, too.

new reply

Return to “Boeing 377 Tech Support”