Install Procedures

A place for technical help setting up your Stratocruiser with FSX
Scott - A2A
A2A General

Install Procedures

Post by Scott - A2A »

COTS UPGRADE (for existing B377 Accu-Sim Users)
- B377 Stratocruiser
- Original B377 Accu-Sim expansion (no longer available to purchase)
- B377 SP1 Update http://a2asimulations.com/public/update ... im_sp1.zip)
- COTS Upgrade

COTS FULL VERSION
- B377 Stratocruiser
- COTS Full Version

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

wjskyout
Airman

Re: Install Procedures

Post by wjskyout »

I would love to install it... if I had something to install :x

0 downloads left, 0 COTS B377 on my hard drive and my credit card is US$60 lighter, thanks to a crappy A2A server link (again).

2nd time this has happened to me off the A2A website (Accusim B-17 last year as well). Why in God's name do we only have 3 downloads when if I purchased it through Simmarket, I would have unlimited downloads for example???

I have never had multiple broken links with any of the scores of other payware addons I have, so I know my end is not the problem. PLEASE sort this out, no one has bothered to answer my emails :(

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

No problem at our end on the servers, and as off 12:30am (GMT) last night my inbox was empty and everything dealt with, (turned desktop off at that time.)

I will reset your order when as soon as I get home, please be aware however that the email reply situation is a 48hr standard business reply as you would expect with any business big of small. Although I pride myself on answering within 24hrs which is far and away better than most + the downloads are limited for security purposes, we choose the download limit over licensing software + unlike others we also offer free re-activations should users need a re-download after loosing a backup.

Please also note that the downloads are secure and so if you are using a download accelerator remember to turn it OFF as they can interupt and cause coruption in the secure download

thanks,
Lewis

PS, please note this reply was written on a free support/community forum something else we offer that many others no longer.
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Norforce
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Norforce »

Well said Lewis
Ron
B-17 AIRFRAME 710 HRS PLUS AND CLIMBING
ImageImageImageImage

GIGABYTE X58A-UD5 MB, INTEL I7 950, 12GB DOMINATOR-GT DDR3 RAM, WIN7 64, GIGABYTE SUPER OVER CLOCK GTX 560 TI 1GB GGDDR5 1000Mz, CORSAIR 850W PS, NOCTUA NH-D14,
TRACKIR 5 & TrackClipPro

wjskyout
Airman

Post by wjskyout »

Norforce wrote:Well said Lewis
As a matter of fact yes it was well said Ron, and my apologies Lewis, I'm not sure what time it was, but would have been less than half an hour after you logged off for the night in your time zone that I first sent a message via the site for help, so I would say a case of ships passing in the night to excuse the pun relative to the issue :D

For the benefit of others using this forum, I would also like to say that this is not the first time that I have recieved prompt service from Lewis when I have had a download issue from the A2A site, so again thanks for your diligence Lewis. You are also right, others quite often take much longer to reply.

It is good to probably get it out there for noobs to the A2A site that download managers don't work for it (I normally now use IDM Ver 6.07 which is helpful for a lot of other stuff, especially for big downloads like REX and Orbx products, although not when I had the previous issue last year downloading the B-17 Accusim, so not sure what went wrong there).

I would also like to add at this stage that I almost never post on this forum, as although I have most of the A2A/Shockwave FSX planes in my hangar, I have had almost no technical issues with them over the last few years, which is testament to the quality of the product. Something I can't always say for the scores of other payware products I have accumulated. In fact I hold the Accusim range in such high regard that although I actually despise the look of the razorback jug vs the bubbletop and swore I would never put anything as ugly as the 377 (IMPO the Lockheed Constellation in this category was the Queen of the Skies) in my hangar, I eventually gave in and got them both, so you don't get a better endorsement than that!!!

Keep up the great work guys, I look foward to the next awesome product from you. For now, it's off to learn the ropes on the big bird

Cheers

Mark

John Khan
Airman

Post by John Khan »

Hi

After installing the 377, Accusim, Accusim SP1 and COTS by extracting them to a folder, then selecting "Run as Administrator", it leaves a folder called "O" or "0" in the installation folder.

This "0" folder is extensive, it has 414 files and I'm not sure what to do with it?

The aircraft and attachments are installed OK and everything seems to work well.

Can you tell me what this folder is and what I should do with it?

Regards
John Khan

Norforce
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Norforce »

You can just delete the "O" folder as it is not req any more
Ron
B-17 AIRFRAME 710 HRS PLUS AND CLIMBING
ImageImageImageImage

GIGABYTE X58A-UD5 MB, INTEL I7 950, 12GB DOMINATOR-GT DDR3 RAM, WIN7 64, GIGABYTE SUPER OVER CLOCK GTX 560 TI 1GB GGDDR5 1000Mz, CORSAIR 850W PS, NOCTUA NH-D14,
TRACKIR 5 & TrackClipPro

John Khan
Airman

Post by John Khan »

Thank you

John

John Khan
Airman

Post by John Khan »

Another one

I am using the COTS and everything is fine as the passengers and baggage load. The door closes and the stairs move away. "All zipped up and ready to fly". Then I look outside and the baggage hold doors are still open.

And, for the life of me, I cannot find how to close them. I have looked everywhere I can think of but no luck. Tried SHIFT E with SHIFT E !, 2, 3, etc. Nothing moves them.

Help please

John

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

Does this happen all the time? If so, try reloading the plane from in game after loading a flight from the UI.

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

John Khan
Airman

Post by John Khan »

Thanks Scott

I always start FSX with an origional aircraft (the Cassna 172) then select the 377.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the 377 and selected the medium load from the Load Manager and it worked OK. Previously, I selected the heavy load and that's when they would not shut, and I didn't get the "passengers and baggage loaded" call.

It seems to be OK now.

John

RKOines
Airman Basic

Post by RKOines »

I have tried to install the new COTS with no joy. I would really like to install the B377 from scratch as though it had never been installed before but with previous efforts to do just that I always have some kind of residue such as faulty engines to deal with. Question: How do I remove EVERYTHING from my system so I can install it from scratch??

Thank you very much for you help.

Ron Oines

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

Ron, you can uninstall in the reverse order: Accusim, then the 377.

However, this installer should be bulletproof. What appears to be the issue?
A2A Simulations Inc.

RKOines
Airman Basic

Post by RKOines »

Scott,
I cannot uninstall from the Control Panel because it cannot find the Install Logs leaving me with the option to just delete the folders I can find in FSX. When I delete those folders and reinstall I seem to be left with the usage parameters telling me I have faulty engines, etc. I am still running 64 bit Vista and I am not certain I am deleting all of the files to give me a clean start

Thanks again.

Ron

Jason210
Staff Sergeant

Post by Jason210 »

What happens if I buy the full version and install it over the B377 + Accusim + SP1?

Intel Core i9-9900K @ 3.6GHz
nVidia GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
32GB RAM
Windows 10 Professional

new reply

Return to “Boeing 377 Tech Support”