Unable to Install into FSX: Steam Edition

A place for technical help setting up your Stratocruiser with FSX
new reply
packers101
Airman Basic

Unable to Install into FSX: Steam Edition

Post by packers101 »

Hi everyone,

I'm in the process of switching from FSX to FSX:SE, and I'm getting a message while trying to install the B377 that says "Either Microsoft FSX was not found or there is a file corruption found in your FSX directory."

I've seen older posts in this forum with the same issue and it was recommended that people with the issue download the latest installer and use that. I purchased the B377 on SimMarket in January 2016, so I'm not sure if they updated the installers or not, but I downloaded them today (for the 377 and COTS) and tried with the same message coming up.

Are there any recommendations as to how I should proceed to get the 377 installed into FSX:SE?

For the record, the 377 has already been uninstalled from the original FSX and every other A2A product I own has installed into FSX:SE with no issues.

LZ-WIL
Master Sergeant

Re: Unable to Install into FSX: Steam Edition

Post by LZ-WIL »

Hello and welcome to the forums,

SimMarket don't have the updates for A2A products. You can find the latest update for the A2A aircraft here:

http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtop ... 23&t=57819

direct download link:

http://www.a2asimulations.com/downloads ... _13_17.zip

Just an FYI, the updates are incremental, so you would need only this one - the latest. ;)

On you case with the installation, the update should not play part in your installation process. Try to locate where the FSX Steam edition is installed on your computer and navigate the A2A installer there. ( It is tricky if you have both FSX boxed and steam on one PC )

Cheerz,
Will
Bonanza, Skylane, Skyhawk, Cherokee, Cub, Texan, Mustang, Warhawk, Spitfire, Flying Fortress

packers101
Airman Basic

Post by packers101 »

Thank you for the response,

I have found the correct location where FSX:SE is installed and every other addon has had no issue installing there, but when I try to install the 377 into the same location, it is giving me the message as I've posted above. Is there any other way to install it without getting this error message?

LZ-WIL
Master Sergeant

Post by LZ-WIL »

Hi,

Hmmm, it turns out that, this issue is not for the first time.

You can check thess threads here:

http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtop ... am#p421040

http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtop ... am#p440796

and contact Lewis, if the suggestions above don't work.

Cheerz,
Will
Bonanza, Skylane, Skyhawk, Cherokee, Cub, Texan, Mustang, Warhawk, Spitfire, Flying Fortress

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

can you send me a PM with the exact product you have and filename please.

thanks,
Lewis - A2A
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Doug in Canada
Airman Basic

Post by Doug in Canada »

Hi Folks. I'm new to A2A products. I just purchased the B377 and am getting this same error when trying to install in FSX-SE. The install file is SHO-180.exe. When I direct the installer to use C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX as the target directory it first warns that the directory already exists, and when you try to proceed anyway is says "Either Microsoft FSX was not found or there is file corruption in your FSX directory. This would likely be corrected by reinstalling FSX"

Any assistance would be most appreciated.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Doug in Canada wrote:Hi Folks. I'm new to A2A products. I just purchased the B377 and am getting this same error when trying to install in FSX-SE. The install file is SHO-180.exe. When I direct the installer to use C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX as the target directory it first warns that the directory already exists, and when you try to proceed anyway is says "Either Microsoft FSX was not found or there is file corruption in your FSX directory. This would likely be corrected by reinstalling FSX"

Any assistance would be most appreciated.
Hello Doug,

fire me a PM I'll need to check the files you have.

thanks,
Lewis - A2A
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

ThomasAH
Airman First Class

Post by ThomasAH »

Doug in Canada wrote:C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX
I'm not sure ... is installing A2A aircraft below C:\Program Files (x86)\ supported?

new reply

Return to “Boeing 377 Tech Support”