Shared cookpit option

For those who love to fly in multiplayer
new reply
eagle67
Airman

Shared cookpit option

Post by eagle67 »

Hi,

We are several friends starting to use PilotEgde as learning "portal" to PPL, we will like to fly with shared cockpit
option only and will like to buy some of the A2A planes, but has a couple of questions:

Question:
1. Any A2A plane already today fully support Shared cockpit(sc) directly with Multiplayer(mp) in P3D or JoinFS ?
2. Seems according to several tread in here it may not be support yet by A2A, any plans for existing
plane like C182/C172 or comanche or others ?
3. if yes in q2, when/eta :-) ?
4. Just in short details, what are the reason it so hard to get "shared cockpit" to work with P3D ?
5. Tried JoinFS but seems to miss several options any other sw to recommend?
6. If A2A don’t support shared cockpit and we WANT to use these planes anyhow :-), any recommendation
which aircraft to use/buy and which sw to use for mp/sc ?

Our platform:
- Win10 pro.
- P3D v4.3
- ASv4
- Orbx ++

Brgds
S.Olsen
Have a nice day and Please Advise,

Brgds
Eagle

CodyValkyrie
VIP Partner

Re: Shared cookpit option

Post by CodyValkyrie »

The reason the vast majority of A2A planes do not support shared cockpit is because much of the way these planes are built is designed outside of the core engine. As such, the simulator cannot send this data over the internet to update the other persons aircraft. Further, you’d likely only be flying a local version of YOUR aircraft, quirks and all, even while in someone else’s aircraft (and you can imagine all the issues they could create).

A2A has no plans at the moment that I’m aware of to rectify this, sine it would require a new set of coding and software to direct link to the person you want to share the cockpit with, so all of the data can be properly swapped. Think of it like a direct IP link to the person, using software outside the simulator. It’s not elequent.

There are few aircraft for P3D/FSX that are heavily coded that support this kind of thing. The TFDI 717, and Majestic Q400 I know support this, and I’m sure there are others, but I can’t recall them. If you’re looking for a shared cockpit experience, I’d recommend in the short interim using either stock SDK built aircraft, or those that are advertised such as above which feature direct linking. Many aircraft are built on the stock SDK and thus work fine in that environment (I’m fairly certain many if not all Carenado/Alabeo aircraft work fine, although you’re not getting primo features).

As for your other questions, it’s best to let someone else answer them.
ImageImage
ImageImage

new reply

Return to “Multiplayer”