Group flight Sunday September 23, 2018 - SF Area Poker Run

For those who love to fly in multiplayer
new reply
Paughco
Senior Master Sergeant

Group flight Sunday September 23, 2018 - SF Area Poker Run

Post by Paughco »

Guys: Please join me at San Carlos Airport for a Poker Run. The idea is we draw random cards at our point of origin, each airport along the way, and then at our final destination. This means you'll need either a well-shuffled deck of playing cards, or perhaps a card drawing app on your iPhone. Whatever.

Here is the mission profile:

The starting time is as normal, 1830 Zulu. Weather set to real (if the weather is good), or clear if not - your choice. Set your aircraft clock for Zulu minus 7 hours. That means we take off at 1130 am. If you show up a half hour early, you should see 1100 hours on your aircraft clock.

1) KSQL: At or about 1130 PDT on Sunday, I plan to be sitting in my aircraft at parking place 10, which is just north of the tower at San Carlos Airport (KSQL). Get your first card just before you take off. Somebody will (virtually) come by your aircraft. Open your door or slide back your canopy and they will hand you or your passenger a card. Might be useful to have a passenger to hold onto the cards if you're in a GA aircraft or a T-6. Take off on Rwy 12 unless prevailing winds dictate otherwise.

2) KRHV: Land at Reid Hillview Airport and taxi to the fueling area in the parking area to the north of the field. Stop your airplane near the pump area and open your door. Somebody will hand you or your passenger your second card. Taxi back out to the runway and take off. Note that Rwy 31R is the preferred runway unless wind conditions or the tower dictate otherwise.

3) KCHV: Land at Hollister Airport and taxi to the fueling pump near the parking area east of the south end of Rwy 31. Get your third card, and take off.

4) KOAR: Land at Marina Municipal Airport and taxi to the fuel pump to the east of the tower. Get your fourth card and take off. Note that Rwy 29 is preferred unless prevailing winds dictate otherwise.

5) KHAF: Land at Half Moon Bay Airport and taxi to the parking area near the fuel pump and the Frank Sylvestri Memorial Terminal Building. Get your fifth and final card.

High hand wins a Mustang! Stick around for the big (virtual) barbecue afterwards!

Oh yeah. The "Mustang" that is the grand prize is not an airplane, or even the car. It's a virtual tee-shirt from my old high school, Capuchino, in San Bruno, CA. GO MUSTANGS!!

I'll post the flight plan you (hopefully) can see above on the A2A multiplayer forum at Discord.

Seeya
ATB
Last edited by Paughco on 22 Sep 2018, 14:19, edited 2 times in total.

Corsair015
Senior Airman

Re: Group flight Sunday September 20, 2018 - SF Penins Poker

Post by Corsair015 »

"win a Mustang t-shirt" Sounds awesome XD

I will be there for sure!
ImageImageImage
Corsairs Forever!

ratty
Technical Sergeant

Post by ratty »

Found this simple page for card draws:
https://deck-of-cards.js.org/

Corsair015
Senior Airman

Post by Corsair015 »

September 20th? for me that is on a thursday, and since you are a day behind that would make it wednesday (the normal sunday flights are on a monday morning for me) Am I wrong? Or have I missed it?
ImageImageImage
Corsairs Forever!

ratty
Technical Sergeant

Post by ratty »

Corsair015 wrote:September 20th? for me that is on a thursday, and since you are a day behind that would make it wednesday (the normal sunday flights are on a monday morning for me) Am I wrong? Or have I missed it?
Senior moment, I imagine. It's the usual day - Sunday for us, Monday for you - and usual time.

Paughco
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: Group flight Sunday September 23, 2018 - SF Area Poker R

Post by Paughco »

Guys: Sorry about the senior moment! I edited the date to September 23rd. Also it's now SF Area Poker Run, as the previous description "SF Peninsula" got truncated and looked a little strange.

I posted an Excel spreadsheet on the Discord A2A Multiplayer chat. You can plug in your aircraft weights by using the Shift+4 panel then see where you are on the Weight vs. MOM/100 table.

Seeya
ATB

Tobus75
Senior Airman

Post by Tobus75 »

sounds fun .... but cant make it....

bmbrzmn101
Staff Sergeant

Post by bmbrzmn101 »

Enjoy guys. I am on the road visiting my son at college.

Chris

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The voices in your head will quieten down when you begin listening to them!

new reply

Return to “Multiplayer”