Multiplayer Warbird Race, Sunday, September 9th - 1830 Zulu

For those who love to fly in multiplayer
HE11DUDE04
Staff Sergeant

Re: MP Warbird Race Suggestion

Post by HE11DUDE04 »

Paughco wrote:I just prepared my flight plan for the race. Then I prepared another flight plan, from Coventry (where we ended up at the end of the last MP flight) to Oberpfaffenhofen.

Dunno if I like the idea of running my engine flat out at 61" MP for the whole flight, as max continuous is 46" at 2,700, according to the book. :wink: We'll have to see how those other guys' engines hold together at a steady 61" and 3,000 rpm, I guess. :lol:
are you also flying in for the race? also I was just planning on chilling and coming last as i don't want to push my engine much either
AKA "Memey"

Paughco
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: MP Warbird Race Suggestion

Post by Paughco »

HE11DUDE04 wrote:… are you also flying in for the race? also I was just planning on chilling and coming last as i don't want to push my engine much either
Oh yeah, I fully plan on participating in the race, I just don't want to fry my engine.

This reminds me of a story about the Road Vultures Motorcycle Club in Zap Comix, drawn by an the artist Spain Rodriquez. It starts out with the RVMC at the beginning of a road trip. An aside: it turns out that the RVMC actually exists IRL; Spain hung out with them and put them in some cool stories. The stories take place in the late '50s or early '60s. they usually ride somewhere, party, some outsider says something, and then there is a giant rumble, then they ride off into the sunset. But at the very beginning, they're just starting out on this trip to an event or a road house somewhere. One frame shows the young guys on their new Sportsters and BSAs hauling ass, racing and cutting up. The next frame shows the older guys on their Harley choppers, some packing their ol' ladies on the back. This one guy, looks like he's been around the Club for a while, thinking to himself, "**** it, I'm not burnin' up my machine."

Another story: my son rides his KTM 540 EXC (a non-street legal dirt bike) each year in the Desert 100. The actual race is crazy, he doesn't do that. The Poker Run that is held before the big race is too tame. That's where entire families ride their Honda 90s, etc., around a shorter course, stopping at waypoints to fill out their poker hands for prizes. In between those two events, they have the "Iron Man Poker Run." This is a quasi-race, but with a significantly reduced chance for high speed bodily injury. That's the way I plan to run my machine: sort of like the Iron Man Poker Run.

HEY! What an idea! Someday we could have our own poker run! We pick a route with four stops, and then a final destination. You have to land and taxi up to the tower, fuel pump, whatever, to claim your card. You draw a card from an actual deck (we're all honorable, etc.), or we can draw a random card from a random card app (I just downloaded a free one on my iPhone). Best hand wins. How cool is that? We could set up the course like a race with warbirds, or it could be tricky spots with the J-3 (when it finally comes out for P3D). I'd be tempted to get the P3D version of Accu-Feel so I could use the stock P3D Maule for a back country poker run.

Doggone, all this had totally drained the caffeine from my system. I gotta go get some more coffee!

Seeya
ATB

robert0606
Airman Basic

Re: Multiplayer Warbird Race, Sunday, September 9th

Post by robert0606 »

Will anyone not be in a mustang?

Tobus75
Senior Airman

Post by Tobus75 »

For time, maybe we could use the Timer Gauge (freeware) as in the yearly MEBAR challenge?

https://mutleyshangar.com/forum/index.p ... up-window/

Works in FSX and P3D afaik.

Tobus75
Senior Airman

Post by Tobus75 »

Question: was this run alreadybat 1130z or will it go on our kind of regular time of 1830z?

ratty
Technical Sergeant

Post by ratty »

Tobus75 wrote:Question: was this run alreadybat 1130z or will it go on our kind of regular time of 1830z?
Oops! Somehow the start time got overlooked. 1830 Zulu, as usual.

Paughco
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: Multiplayer Warbird Race, Sunday, September 9th - 1830 Z

Post by Paughco »

I was wondering about that. Figured you meant 1830 Zulu. Good.

I was flying around the area yesterday afternoon, and ran into a bunch of low cloud IMC south of Bolzano (LIPB). Hope that stuff is gone today! Oops! Reread the instructions. Clear weather, aye.

Seeya
ATB

Tobus75
Senior Airman

Re: Multiplayer Warbird Race, Sunday, September 9th - 1830 Z

Post by Tobus75 »

Screenshots from the nr2 passing the finish line!

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

Thanks for the great flight guys!

new reply

Return to “Multiplayer”